i8000 Lite ROM WM6-5-5 (Updated 22 Apr 2010)

Guest Gary Crutcher

Guest Gary Crutcher
Thank you for the ultralite,

Is microsoft voice command still in as previous lite or was removed,

thanks again for your great work.

MS Voice command still in.

Guest alexdeejay_fm

video and youtube player is laggy,maybe because the 8mb pagepol?i cant play decent video,the only bad thing i observed in this rom.cheers.mybe u make ultra lite with normal pagepol?thx.i like ur work.

Guest garyfl

any chance of a mirror bro ? just exausted my slot downloading a csc to hopefully make that jc2 or something rom english. but no luck still got chinese symbols and selects chinese pretty fast.

Guest plguzman

Excellent job Gary. Testing, and so far the only issue I found is that you removed the widgets engine. I use some widgets and all of them are pretty much unusable now. Other than that, is perfect. Haven't test GPS yet. Will do later and post any feedback I can.

Cheers!

Guest dande

Hi Gary Crutcher,

Congratulation! Nice work and most important it works fluent without issues.

It's a 6.5.5 version with almost all samsung and windows goodies. Touch friendly, lite,

suitable for the majority of users for every day use.

So goal achieved!

For my taste, would be nice if you would have removed all ringtones and some images & sounds in Windows folder as well as

these terrible sample songs "drive", "paloma" which exist twice.

Of course Opera9, out as it's already history since 10 beta is out and works better than 9.5 even from "My storage".

Similarly "Microsoft my phone", Smart Sync, Search Phone. It doesn't matter.

As I said goal achieved sharing with us a stable lite Samsung/6.5.5 combination ROM.

Thank you very much.

P.s. Glad you liked the screens.

I have a small issue with Opera character coding on some sites. Probably locale or font missing. I'll check it.

Guest Lancez

very stable and good ROM, thanks Gary. however, missing some shortcut in start menu, such as samsung clock, samsung photo album,etc. but its easy to fix.

Guest drorcun
For my taste, would be nice if you would have removed all ringtones and some images & sounds in Windows folder as well as

Of course Opera9, out as it's already history since 10 beta is out and works better than 9.5 even from "My storage".

+1

Guest Gary Crutcher
any chance of a mirror bro ? just exausted my slot downloading a csc to hopefully make that jc2 or something rom english. but no luck still got chinese symbols and selects chinese pretty fast.

Mirrors are ok, but I will only update rapidshare.

I have no accounts anywhere else.

Guest Gary Crutcher
Hi Gary Crutcher,

Congratulation! Nice work and most important it works fluent without issues.

It's a 6.5.5 version with almost all samsung and windows goodies. Touch friendly, lite,

suitable for the majority of users for every day use.

So goal achieved!

As I said goal achieved sharing with us a stable lite Samsung/6.5.5 combination ROM.

Thank you very much.

P.s. Glad you liked the screens.

I have a small issue with Opera character coding on some sites. Probably locale or font missing. I'll check it.

Thanks Dande.

Let me know about Opera character coding as I tried not to delete anything that

had to do with opera.

Guest Gary Crutcher
very stable and good ROM, thanks Gary. however, missing some shortcut in start menu, such as samsung clock, samsung photo album,etc. but its easy to fix.

Thanks Lancez.

Guest dande
Thanks Dande.

Let me know about Opera character coding as I tried not to delete anything that

had to do with opera.

Gary,

seems "encoding.bin" was missing from \Application Data\Opera9

encoding.zipHere it is if someone need it.

Cheers

Guest tonch

Hello everyone <_<

I just wanted to ask you a few questions;

1. How come when I access my Samsung Contacts, the keyboard suddenly pops out. I tried this (see below) from tacchan23, and it didn't work.. does anyone know how to fix this?

Inputing

Turn Off Keyboard from Automatically Popping Up

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Sip>:

Create or change DWORD > TurnOffAutoDeploy from 0 to 1

2. Also, I am trying to install cyberbon voice speed dial, it seems that when I access the program.. it won't let me tag the contacts that I need to put my voice in. Has anyone tried to install this and was successful?

3. Would you know how to edit the start menu? Like for example, I tried installing asphalt4, and it didnt show up in the start menu? it did show in the program files folder.

Hope someone can help me with this.

Thanks in advance. :mellow:

Guest Gary Crutcher
Hello everyone <_<

I just wanted to ask you a few questions;

1. How come when I access my Samsung Contacts, the keyboard suddenly pops out. I tried this (see below) from tacchan23, and it didn't work.. does anyone know how to fix this?

Inputing

Turn Off Keyboard from Automatically Popping Up

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Sip>:

Create or change DWORD > TurnOffAutoDeploy from 0 to 1

2. Also, I am trying to install cyberbon voice speed dial, it seems that when I access the program.. it won't let me tag the contacts that I need to put my voice in. Has anyone tried to install this and was successful?

3. Would you know how to edit the start menu? Like for example, I tried installing asphalt4, and it didnt show up in the start menu? it did show in the program files folder.

Hope someone can help me with this.

Thanks in advance. :mellow:

1. It was set to 1 when I made the ROM

2. Don't use it.

3. You need to put a link in Start Menu\Programs

Guest dande

Gary,

It works just fine. So lets start asking details.

How can I delete ringtones that do not exist any more, from the sound settings in samsung's settings menu.

Thanks

Hello everyone,

I was discussing with Gary over PMs but I realized some questions might be interesting for everyone willing to move to Gary's UL ROM.

I haven't installed Gary's UL ROM yest. I'm currently running kstan's 6.5.5 ROM based on JA5.

Kstan's ROM have only flaws on this ROM (in my opinion):

1.1. GPS fix takes long

1.2. Vertical bar in Samsung Dialer (I know your ROM has the same behavior...). Fixing the registry doesn't help as some WM apps still need the vertical bar.

1.3. MMS send/receive not working (fixed with Arcsoft MMS)

1.4. SmartMemo cabs don't work so the application can't be installed

1.5. SmartSearch cab doesn't exist and this app helps as the standard search sucks.

Has anyone moved from kstan's to Gary's ROM and can comment on the differences and if it's worth moving to Gary's UL ROM. I mean not only if some of the items listed above were solved but also if the performance/stability has improved in any ways.

Thanks in advance!

btw... let's DONATE and show our appreciation for Gary's hard work <_<. Link is at the first page.

Guest dande

@c3p9

I was in kstan's 6.5.3 and moved to Gary's.

Now regarding:

1.1 GPS fix has nothing to do with cooked ROMS PDA part but with Radio part which nobody changes except Samsung.

There are some attempts for external fixes (between GPS hardware driver and application).

1.2. I think this is solved. You don't need to do anything.

1.3 It works

1.4 I don't know. Not used it.

1.5 There is Phone search. I never used it and never will, probably.

It's very stable without any problem for me so far.

It's contains more Samsung's stuff than Kstan's and of course more RAM from change of Page Pool.

Cheers