i8000 Lite ROM WM6-5-5 (Updated 22 Apr 2010)

Guest Gary Crutcher

Guest Gary Crutcher
Gary,

It works just fine. So lets start asking details.

How can I delete ringtones that do not exist any more, from the sound settings in samsung's settings menu.

Thanks

Registry setting. Forgot to remove them. My bad.

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Sounds]

Edited by Gary Crutcher

Guest N72CNC

Hello Gary,

I wanted to tell you did great great job. I was looking for an original clean lite rom. Yours is great and runs very smooth with no problems.

A1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The only thing I wanted to ask you is why would my battery is going down so fast?

Before I hade the original that came with the phone and after a full day of usage I was down to 80-85%.

Now after six sevsn ourswith less usage it goes down to 50%. And I'm using the same programs but less time

because the battery will die on me.

Is there something I can do about that?

Thank you in advacne and keep up the good work!!!!!!!!!!

Guest jkgtan

How can I use samsung today with this rom?

I had flashed the rom, installed samsung today, everything looks ok except cannot change the items in the shortcut.

Can someone offer some adv.

Thks.

Guest Gary Crutcher
Hello Gary,

I wanted to tell you did great great job. I was looking for an original clean lite rom. Yours is great and runs very smooth with no problems.

A1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The only thing I wanted to ask you is why would my battery is going down so fast?

Before I hade the original that came with the phone and after a full day of usage I was down to 80-85%.

Now after six sevsn ourswith less usage it goes down to 50%. And I'm using the same programs but less time

because the battery will die on me.

Is there something I can do about that?

Thank you in advacne and keep up the good work!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks.!

Not sure why your battery is draining so fast. Have heard no one say this nor am I

having any battery issues. Sorry I can't help more.

Guest carreab

I have little issue with this rom, the PUSH MESSAGE i receive are always empty, any one have this problem?

it also heppened with the previous LITE rom, but it was ok with latest Khuanchai rom.

beside its realy great rom, thanks G.C.

Guest dmurac

Hey Gary,

Great ROM. With your latest ultralite ROM, is the dismiss button still missing at the bottom of the screen when an alarm notification is displayed? If so, any ideas on how to correct this?

Thanks,

dm

Guest Uss_Defiant
Hey Gary,

Great ROM. With your latest ultralite ROM, is the dismiss button still missing at the bottom of the screen when an alarm notification is displayed? If so, any ideas on how to correct this?

Thanks,

dm

any word on a JC1 version of this rom?

Guest Gary Crutcher
any word on a JC1 version of this rom?

Will start working on it as soon as I resolve a Kies issue with the Chinese JC1

version I posted.

Hope to have it available this weekend.

Will be: JC1/23547

Guest Uss_Defiant
Will start working on it as soon as I resolve a Kies issue with the Chinese JC1

version I posted.

Hope to have it available this weekend.

Will be: JC1/23547

Thanks for the heads up... good luck trying to resolve the issue

Guest dande

Hi Gary,

I have noticed that when I switched on landscape the menu is only three rows in the middle instead 6 or so.

I mention that to be fixed in your new release. :)

BTW, we all still waiting for your new release of JC1 as you did in your last UL release for 6.5 (without opera etc).

People really liked it from what I read.

To tell the truth I am very happy with this current release but I trust your work and I am sure a new one will be excellent.

Thank you very much

Guest ra6o74
Super ROM, great job, GC!

Just tried to install Sense2.5.2012 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=108707)

And it does not work :)( .

Looks that just can't start, blinking between "tap here to start Sense" and "Loading..."

Shame...

Anyone seen this and know how to resolve?

Hi!

There is an entire section http://www.modaco.com/content-page/301769/...-5-cab/page/60/ . Look at post 70

Guest jlccarv
Should have a JC2/23547 ROM sometime today. :)

thats excellent news. i just realised that you dont do a "full" ROM. so im wondering if you would extract the Samsung Widgetplus from JC2 and provide it as a cab for us or provide us with a brief set of instructions on how to do it ourselves? cheers man...

Guest babyjosef17

One question. Kinda a nob one.

My stock rom is

PDA: I8000NXXIJ9

CSC: I8000XSOIJ2

PHONE: I8000DXIJ1

I want to flash to your GC JB3 23529 UltraLite

This will be my first time flashing. From reading your post you suggest to use octans 2.14.

As this is my first time flashing I would like to use octans 2.11 mod for safe flashing. Can I use this to flash to your ROM?

Thanks! Still a bit worried about this.