"X" button in the lower right hand corner

Guest deepower

hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone knows a workaround for "pressing the "X" button to close the app" (like rather than minimizing it) it was (and actually still is) in the samsung settings app but it seems its not working. I'm so sick of getting out of memory messages each time I try to run an app.

any help is much appericiated,

dpwr.

Guest Snow02
hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone knows a workaround for "pressing the "X" button to close the app" (like rather than minimizing it) it was (and actually still is) in the samsung settings app but it seems its not working. I'm so sick of getting out of memory messages each time I try to run an app.

dpwr.

You can try using the close or exit option in the programs instead of the x button. You can also try showcase task manager. It's on xda, just search for it. It has an option to set the x button to close instead of minimize. I had some issues with getting it running properly, but you may have better luck.

Guest Ender Psp
hey guys,

dpwr.

You can alter the functionality of X button by going to:

Settings -> General Settings -> Button -> X Button

and enable (green) "Enable end running programs by tapping X

Default setting is disabled (minimize).

Guest Lancez

the "X" at lower right hand corner would be 6.5.x and the tap "X" to close apps in samsung settings wont work at all. check out Xtask in XDA and it works great, it even shows u battery meter and RAM on the taskbar if u prefer. showcase is good too, but somehow it always giving me trouble by freezing the phone when lock code is activated.

Guest tacchan23
I installed showcase and set the registry setting for close on tap first to one then on two and it still did not work...any other ideas?

u sure u set the registry correctly (and maybe soft reset)?

every wm6.5.x rom for the i8000 are working with it... maybe the i920 is different, but it sounds strange

Guest Omega Ra

Yeah. HKCU->software->e-natives->showcase->SUITE_CloseOnTap Dword value I had set to 1...soft reset...nothing....changed to 2, soft reset...nothing.

Guest Lancez
Yeah. HKCU->software->e-natives->showcase->SUITE_CloseOnTap Dword value I had set to 1...soft reset...nothing....changed to 2, soft reset...nothing.

try Xtask, its more than a taskmanager. showcase dosent work on my i8000 either, it crashs.