how to exclude folders from multimedia player

Guest mattandy

hello everyone

i want to ask you for a way to exlude single files or folder from the player, like happens for the gallery with some registry modifies

please i need your help, i installed igo8 and now i've over 300 files on my player

i tried to set files as "invisible" with my pc as i did for the photos but no way

<_<

Guest BONQU

i am also looking for the same thing. my GPS app added over 200 very small files to the player and now it takes forever to scroll through them

Edited by BONQU

Guest prosxpal

I'm not sure if this works but there are some tips here: http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-verizo...mnia2-tips-faq/

For photo album:

Photo Album: exclude unwanted folders
Open any registry editor, go to HKLM/Software/TecAce/PhotoAlbum/ExcludeFolders
Add a new string value for every folder you want to exclude, you must give them the name of 000, 001, 002,... etc
As string data you must add the folder address, you must separate folder with the symbol \
Example: If you want to exclude Program files folder, you have to make a new string value like "001" and you have to add \My storage\Program files
Notice that you have to clean the thumbnails that Photo Album creates! You can use the clean option of SKTools
[/codebox]

Maybe you can make similar reg edits for HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Samsung\TouchPlayer

• 4 weeks later...
Guest flover

connect your phone to pc and try look for the folder that u dont want it to be in pictures or touchplayer and then change the attribute of the folder and all item inside.

e.g. make the folder to read only and hide the folder that will works.

Guest wes58
connect your phone to pc and try look for the folder that u dont want it to be in pictures or touchplayer and then change the attribute of the folder and all item inside.

e.g. make the folder to read only and hide the folder that will works.

Install the latest samsung firmware JD1.

You can delete albums and songs in the touch player. You can add only selected folders (don't run auto update/ search!. Remove the link from Windows\Startup folder). In Touch Player go to Menu - Folder View. Navigate to the folder that you want to add, and then select Add to Playlist. Then you will have an option to create a playlist. If you don't create a playlist, your albums/songs will be just added to you album, song lists in touch player.