[ROM] I8000HZUJC1+phoneJB2 official ROM(Eng,CHT)

Guest Lancez

Guest Lancez
Means you use others CSC? others way to change the keyboard. If reinstall not sure working or not.

yes, i use FAMIJ3 CSC to flash with that dumped ROM. no chinese xt9, had to install NewForce's xt9, taken out from JB1, which works fine.

Guest darkworldzz

thats strange my nb0 had the chinese keyboard.... but the keyboard thingy can be solved with swype <_<

but does any1 have the sms problem?? the ones i sent has the contact name while the ones i received doesnt have contact name.... incoming calls too...

is it because i backed up my contacts using sktools?? shouldnt be...

Guest Lancez
thats strange my nb0 had the chinese keyboard.... but the keyboard thingy can be solved with swype <_<

but does any1 have the sms problem?? the ones i sent has the contact name while the ones i received doesnt have contact name.... incoming calls too...

i dumped ROM from my phone then converted it. there is no chinese keyboard. but i use FAMIJ3 CSC. about SMS, i dont use it so cant help u. :mellow:

Guest mihai_mihai
well, what i want to do is to remind u that FUS downloader is not an official way to upgrade ur ROM either. Samsung provided a lot different ROMs/upgrades to different regions world wide. this chinese/english ROM just happen to came out b4 europe. if u would, try to flash with that european ROM then get on samsung taiwan or samsung asian website, , i bet they'll tell u the same thing that ur ROM is not official either.

no it is not official but it downloads from official samsung servers you just have set the version correct

Guest Lancez
no it is not official but it downloads from official samsung servers you just have set the version correct

yes, u r right and im fully aware of that. the differences r different versions and regions. matter of fact, this taiwanese ROM is branded with english support, they r selling i8000 with this ROM in taiwan. so that makes it an official ROM, i guess <_<

Guest manosandrea

- New Media Player layout.

- WiFi & Bluetooth added to Large Indicator

Could someone make cabs of those two above , to be used with other roms ????? ( eg. with the eur.JC1 )

THANKS !!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by manosandrea

Guest ngreg

go to "system tweaks" in sktools, and the go to tab "phone", at the Call ID match, change the digit to the number of your country phone number. e.g in Hong Kong, there's 8 digit in phone number, so I set it to 8.

Because this rom is released in Taiwan, so the digit maybe not match the digit in other region, you have to use sktool to change it.

Hope you understand my poor english :mellow:

Guest NewForce
flashed in english but parts of the rom i.e calwndar. sip. characters are still in chinese. how do i change this ? ps nice touch player :)

Try flash with JC1 supplied CSC parts.

Select "English (UK)" at Language Select and you'll have English Language UI after your Omnia rebooted completely.

Guest NewForce
yes, u r right and im fully aware of that. the differences r different versions and regions. matter of fact, this taiwanese ROM is branded with english support, they r selling i8000 with this ROM in taiwan. so that makes it an official ROM, i guess :)

Lancez, this mPro分案 JC1 rom is an official rom.

If you buy an Omnia2 now from Taiwan Chunghwa Telecom (CHT in short) under mPro data plan, it will come with this rom.

Guest Lancez
Lancez, this mPro分案 JC1 rom is an official rom.

If you buy an Omnia2 now from Taiwan Chunghwa Telecom (CHT in short) under mPro data plan, it will come with this rom.

right, thats what i was trying to explain to him. i think he's got point. thanks for backing me up here :)

Guest NewForce
JC1 BECAME OFFICIAL IN ITALY- THIS CHINEZE VERSION IS NOT OFICIAL OR SO SAYS FUS DOWNLOADER

well, what i want to do is to remind u that FUS downloader is not an official way to upgrade ur ROM either. Samsung provided a lot different ROMs/upgrades to different regions world wide. this chinese/english ROM just happen to came out b4 europe. if u would, try to flash with that european ROM then get on samsung taiwan or samsung asian website, , i bet they'll tell u the same thing that ur ROM is not official either.

mihai_mihai,

You're wrong about Taiwan mPro JC1 rom.

It is truly an official rom for new Omnia2 purchase under Taiwan Chunghwa Telecom mPro data plan.

You can't download this rom with FUS Downloader as this rom originally was a single EXECUTABLE rom flashing pack.

In this single EXE pack, it consist of Eboot, CSC, Phone & PDA rom parts and OCTAN Downloader v2.13.

Edited by NewForce

Guest NewForce
right, thats what i was trying to explain to him. i think he's got point. thanks for backing me up here :)

You're welcome buddy! ;)

Edited by NewForce

Guest ngreg
mihai_mihai,

You're wrong about Taiwan mPro JC1 rom.

It is truly an official rom for new Omnia2 purchase under Taiwan Chunghwa Telecom mPro data plan.

You can't download this rom with FUS Downloader as this rom originally was a single EXECUTABLE rom flashing pack.

In this single EXE pack, it consist of Eboot, CSC, Phone & PDA rom parts and OCTAN Downloader v2.13.

any tools we can use to extract the files in the EXE flash file?

Guest NewForce
any tools we can use to extract the files in the EXE flash file?

Yes you can with pako777 EXEcutor 2.7.

Run EXEcutor.exe, under EXE tab, press the right button at EXE firmware row to select EXE flash file.

Then press the below Go button when it finished Read & Analyze EXE fw...

Guest ngreg
Yes you can with pako777 EXEcutor 2.7.

Run EXEcutor.exe, under EXE tab, press the right button at EXE firmware row to select EXE flash file.

Then press the below Go button when it finished Read & Analyze EXE fw...

thanks for your help

Guest DunKnow

I used the samsung settings menu to do a change of language to english and after restarts, i got back version JA5 LOL!!! There is no more customization by Chunghwa anymore, i have returned back to a normal JA5 rom. Wierd... haha. Anyone having the same problem? i did'nt flash the provided eboot, just the pda part.

Edited by DunKnow

Guest Lancez
I used the samsung settings menu to do a change of language to english and after restarts, i got back version JA5 LOL!!! There is no more customization by Chunghwa anymore, i have returned back to a normal JA5 rom. Wierd... haha. Anyone having the same problem? i did'nt flash the provided eboot, just the pda part.

all custom ROMs dont have such options even its in the settings, if u do it'll revert back to whatever the official version u have b4. coz i8000 stores its ROM back up on my storage, if something gose wrong, thats ur backup.

Guest spectralblade

also happened to me. i got back the previous version as well. i also only flashed the pda part.

Guest DunKnow
all custom ROMs dont have such options even its in the settings, if u do it'll revert back to whatever the official version u have b4. coz i8000 stores its ROM back up on my storage, if something gose wrong, thats ur backup.

hehe, new information for me, thanks for the wonderful rom and tip, it freshens up my device. I am just wondering how to change my language to english because i tried flashing the nb0 file and by default it is chinese. May i know how to change to english? or i have to use the exe file to flash in order to get english? Thank You :):)

Guest NewForce

That's what I've thought off.

You'll be better of if you flashing all the 4 JC1 rom parts to avoid strange things from happening.

Guest Lancez
hehe, new information for me, thanks for the wonderful rom and tip, it freshens up my device. I am just wondering how to change my language to english because i tried flashing the nb0 file and by default it is chinese. May i know how to change to english? or i have to use the exe file to flash in order to get english? Thank You :):)

if u can deal with some extra apps, u can just simply flash with .EXE, its easier. and u get to choose the language. its really easy, open it up, scroll down the language window then select english, turn off phone connect it to ur pc, when the "start" botton became highlighted, click it, then it'll automatically flash ur phone, dont touch anything, ur phone will reatart 4 times. then disconnect. u r done! dont forget to hardreset after flasing.

Guest mihai_mihai

use the .exe file like lancez says and you will not be desapointed

u can try also PDAVIET - I8000HZUJC1 WM6.5.5 ROM (23547) - SB11 rom base on same chineez jc1 and u will be surprised

good job lancez and tnk u for bringing sb roms here after a day i managed to register to pdaviet an worth it

Edited by mihai_mihai