what is the difference between GSM ROM and CDMA ROM?

Guest teamkillexpert

Guest teamkillexpert

I'm not sure which type is my ROM but I can select to use GSM or WCDMA. what is the difference with these ROMs then? Or is my setting fake and doesn't actually work in GSM networks?

Guest Lancez
I'm not sure which type is my ROM but I can select to use GSM or WCDMA. what is the difference with these ROMs then? Or is my setting fake and doesn't actually work in GSM networks?

urs is GSM version i8000

Guest teamkillexpert
urs is GSM version i8000

so when it say CDMA they mean CDMA not WCDMA? which would mean there actually is a CDMA version which would mean some countries still use CDMA?

and it would also mean my phone won't work in a CDMA network? and I also can't flash a CDMA ROM?

Guest Lancez
so when it say CDMA they mean CDMA not WCDMA? which would mean there actually is a CDMA version which would mean some countries still use CDMA?

and it would also mean my phone won't work in a CDMA network? and I also can't flash a CDMA ROM?

CDMA=i920 which is from verizon in USA and u wont be getting this phone unless u acually live in USA.

Guest dgmorland

CDMA and W-CDMA are completely different despite the names being similar.

CDMA is the commonly used name for IS-95 or cdmaOne.

W-CDMA is a 3G technology from the UMTS family. It is an evolution of GSM.