i8000 as modem for my laptop

Hi hi

Vide to above, I see HTC Pro2 using "Internet Sharing Program" becomes a wireless modem for laptop.

It is like a SIM card router.

It is using the 3G data plan/WAP. That way, there is no need to always search for WIFI spot.

I saw even iPhone can do it with some additional setting to the phone and laptop.

Anyone here knows how to get this done on i8000?

Rgds

Guest yshaikh01
Hi hi

Vide to above, I see HTC Pro2 using "Internet Sharing Program" becomes a wireless modem for laptop.

It is like a SIM card router.

It is using the 3G data plan/WAP. That way, there is no need to always search for WIFI spot.

I saw even iPhone can do it with some additional setting to the phone and laptop.

Anyone here knows how to get this done on i8000?

Rgds

This is what you need, it's not free though. You can also search XDA for HTC's version, did not work on my O2 though.

Edited by yshaikh01

Or connect via Cable or Bluetooth, just by using Microsoft internet sharing..

Rgds

I tried that through USB, can't get it to work though, the phone says it's connected, but it doesn't work on my win 7 laptop. Any ideas on how to resolve this would be much appreciated. Is it a driver problem?

Guest sungshing

connected without any hassle..just like a flick of a switch, start internet connection sharing, click connect and you are all set.

got GPRS connection most of the time tho..but once you are on 3G, works like a charm.<_<

Edited by sungshing

connected without any hassle..just like a flick of a switch, start internet connection sharing, click connect and you are all set.

got GPRS connection most of the time tho..but once you are on 3G, works like a charm.:mellow:

I know it should work like that, it just doesn't. I have 3G+ most of the time, the laptop just doesn't agree for some reason, <RANT>probably a Samsung driver Win7 x64 issue <_<

When does Samsung get it's drivers sorted out, it's taking them forever to get out of the dark ages </RANT>

Guest TIEfighter
I know it should work like that, it just doesn't. I have 3G+ most of the time, the laptop just doesn't agree for some reason, <RANT>probably a Samsung driver Win7 x64 issue <_<

When does Samsung get it's drivers sorted out, it's taking them forever to get out of the dark ages </RANT>

Works fine here, Windows 7 x64

Works fine here, Windows 7 x64

Hmmm... guess I have to dig deeper then to see whether it's related to the driver (I use the same machine for flashing my device) or the phone's firmware.

Thanks for the reply, now I know I have to fix my own sh*** <_<

Guest TIEfighter
Hmmm... guess I have to dig deeper then to see whether it's related to the driver (I use the same machine for flashing my device) or the phone's firmware.

Thanks for the reply, now I know I have to fix my own sh*** <_<

Well, it works for me like that:

1. Terminate all internet/network connections on your PC/Laptop (Like LAN, WLAN, MODEM)

2. Connect your Phone via USB/Bluetooth. Make sure it´s connected in ActiveSync mode with extended networking functions (Start/Settings/ USB Connection)

3. Launch Internet Sharing.

4. Check the settings, and start internet sharing.

5. After some time, you should have an internet connection on your PC.

Well, it works for me like that:

1. Terminate all internet/network connections on your PC/Laptop (Like LAN, WLAN, MODEM)

2. Connect your Phone via USB/Bluetooth. Make sure it´s connected in ActiveSync mode with extended networking functions (Start/Settings/ USB Connection)

3. Launch Internet Sharing.

4. Check the settings, and start internet sharing.

5. After some time, you should have an internet connection on your PC.

That fixed it for me, thanks.

I had to kill WiFi even though there was no connection, then I vaguely remembered that you could set networkpriority somewhere. I changed that and now it works with all network adapters on. (In Win7 -> control panel -> network and internet -> network connections, press alt and get extra menu options, cklick on advanced and set adapter priority)

Edited by XeOS

• 2 weeks later...
Guest moxadrian
I know it should work like that, it just doesn't. I have 3G+ most of the time, the laptop just doesn't agree for some reason, <RANT>probably a Samsung driver Win7 x64 issue :)

it might be locked by your network carrier, I know mine it is

Guest Chintu1585
Or connect via Cable or Bluetooth, just by using Microsoft internet sharing..

Rgds

Hello Everyone,

I m having GT-I8000 Omnia 2, 8 GB with Windows mobile 6.1. I have done what u said. In mobile, it shows connected and in PC my net work for like 2 mins and then I am not able to open any site. After opening any site, Page cant be displayed msg come and after reloading the same page 5-7 times, it is possible that net is connected but it is for little time. Then again the same error. I hv connected my phone using usb cable and checked in Both XP and win 7 but same problem. If i insert my sim to my friends mobile and connect it to pc for net, it is working fine. Is it any modem problem? Anyone have this type of problem?