i920 doesn't want to charge

Guest cacka lacka

Guest cacka lacka

New member here. I'm one of the many people that waited for the i920 release since June, and since getting it, I have absolutely loved it. However, the other day my i920 found its way into my dirty clothes basket and took a trip into the washing machine <_< . I immediately dried it off and put it in a bag of rice for four days. When I popped the battery back in, it turned on fine and everything seemed to be working correctly (screen, buttons, camera, etc...). However, the only thing that isn't working on the phone is the micro-USB. The phone isn't being recognized by windows and also won't take a charge. With the battery in and the phone plugged in, the phone displays that is charging, but it is indeed not charging. If I plug the phone in without the battery, the "Samsung Omnia" screen comes up, but then it freezes.

Does anybody have any ideas as to the problem? Right now I'm looking at getting an external battery dock, so that I can at least charge the battery and use the phone. But not having a functioning micro-usb jack will be crippling.

Thanks in advance for any help you guys/gals can offer!

Guest kdkinc
New member here. I'm one of the many people that waited for the i920 release since June, and since getting it, I have absolutely loved it. However, the other day my i920 found its way into my dirty clothes basket and took a trip into the washing machine :( . I immediately dried it off and put it in a bag of rice for four days. When I popped the battery back in, it turned on fine and everything seemed to be working correctly (screen, buttons, camera, etc...). However, the only thing that isn't working on the phone is the micro-USB. The phone isn't being recognized by windows and also won't take a charge. With the battery in and the phone plugged in, the phone displays that is charging, but it is indeed not charging. If I plug the phone in without the battery, the "Samsung Omnia" screen comes up, but then it freezes.

Does anybody have any ideas as to the problem? Right now I'm looking at getting an external battery dock, so that I can at least charge the battery and use the phone. But not having a functioning micro-usb jack will be crippling.

Thanks in advance for any help you guys/gals can offer!

Bottom line, I think the phone is screwed :D :D

HOPFULLY NOT !!!

Whats with the rice your the second post I've read about rice drying a phone.

I think you did well by taking out the battery and drying it off but in my $.02 opinion you should of used a heating pad on medium for a couple of days.

I imagine the water tag inside shows that the phone was wet so warranty is of no use .

Are you sure that the phone stopped working,so you called VZW for warrenty replacement and your phone got wet in the process of being mailed back.I think thats what happened <_< :mellow:

I won't be surprised if the phone itself starts acting weird in a few days anyways water and phone don't play well.....

I guess you don't have the Assurion plan then it would be a no problem situation....

I know I didn't help but best to ya..

B) :)

Guest cacka lacka
Bottom line, I think the phone is screwed :( :D

HOPFULLY NOT !!!

Whats with the rice your the second post I've read about rice drying a phone.

I think you did well by taking out the battery and drying it off but in my $.02 opinion you should of used a heating pad on medium for a couple of days.

I imagine the water tag inside shows that the phone was wet so warranty is of no use .

Are you sure that the phone stopped working,so you called VZW for warrenty replacement and your phone got wet in the process of being mailed back.I think thats what happened <_< :mellow:

I won't be surprised if the phone itself starts acting weird in a few days anyways water and phone don't play well.....

I guess you don't have the Assurion plan then it would be a no problem situation....

I know I didn't help but best to ya..

:D B)

Yeah, I figured there wasn't much hope. The fact that the phone works just fine except for the usb circuitry makes me reluctant to drop some coin on a new i920 (I'm a broke college kid :) ). I'm going to completely disassemble the beast and clean everything with IPA. Maybe it's something as simple as some corrosion on the pins in the usb jack...who knows.