Keyboard seriously sucks on this phone...need recommendations.

Guest kmacsours

I got my phone from Bell and played with it for about a half hour and I am still on the fence as to whether to keep it or take it back. I do alot of email/sms with work etc and I need to have a working keyboard. The one that Samsung has provided with this phone is horrible. I am quite used to WinMo phones having owned several in the past. I don't understand why there isn't a suretype qwerty available with this phone.

I have tried installing several such as Fingerboard 2.1 and TouchPal but once installed, they are super tiny on the screen, What am I doing wrong? Can someone recommend a good cab that will give me a suretype qwerty? This phone isn't exactly customizable cause it is a Bell phone so I am not sure what my options are.

Opinions appreciated!

Guest avantgarde280
I got my phone from Bell and played with it for about a half hour and I am still on the fence as to whether to keep it or take it back. I do alot of email/sms with work etc and I need to have a working keyboard. The one that Samsung has provided with this phone is horrible. I am quite used to WinMo phones having owned several in the past. I don't understand why there isn't a suretype qwerty available with this phone.

I have tried installing several such as Fingerboard 2.1 and TouchPal but once installed, they are super tiny on the screen, What am I doing wrong? Can someone recommend a good cab that will give me a suretype qwerty? This phone isn't exactly customizable cause it is a Bell phone so I am not sure what my options are.

Opinions appreciated!

why my omnia 2 has that qwerty keyboard??? <_< i think u r the only one not hv that qwerty keyboard..btw swype keyboard also cool..u can find it there @ xda deveopers forum..

p/s: u should make google as ur friend..she have the answer for ur question..try it.. :mellow:

Guest insoniq

Opinions appreciated!

Are you sure you're installing the WVGA version of Fingerkeyboard? I'm guessing you've installed the QVGA version, that's why the keyboard you're getting is small.

FingerKeyboard2 XDA-Developers

You should download the FingerKeyb-2.1-WVGA.cab file.

Guest DunKnow

Hehe it is my first time hearing people complaining about the virtual keyboard, i find it very very nice to use compared to the ones found in HTC devices. Samsung Keyboard is bigger in size, hmm you should spend longer time trying it out.

Guest tacchan23

Opinions appreciated!

You need to install WVGA versions of any keyboard.

Samsung keyboard has full qwerty too, just read the user manual or the pinned FAQ topic to read how to access it.

Guest meabigbaldguy

SPB Keyboard is still good old favorite of mine. It has a full-screen keyboard, true qwerty, multi-language support, and it bodes together very well with the O2. It's not freeware, but you can at least download it for trial

Guest insane73
This phone isn't exactly customizable cause it is a Bell phone so I am not sure what my options are.

This Bell phone is highly customizable. Check out this for a great amount of info that works with the Bell phone.

This is a Bell phone

screen2222.pngScreen011-1.pngScreen02-1.pngScreen021-1.png

Screen03-1.pngScreen04-1.pngScreen05-1.pngScreen06-1.png

Screen07-1.pngScreen08-1.pngScreen09-1.pngScreen10.png

Guest kmacsours
This Bell phone is highly customizable. Check out this for a great amount of info that works with the Bell phone.

This is a Bell phone

Whoa now this I like. I owned HTC phones before and was very used to flashing it all the time. The first image in the photos you attached is what I am looking for. Where did you get this?

The link you provided has alot of good information and it gives me something to think about. Thanks!

Edited by kmacsours

Guest insane73

First step is to get spb mobile shell3 (the screen above is the professional screen apposed to the lifestyle screen)

Then Vincent.316 HTC Pure Style WVGA

On the screen there is wireless monitor from SPB

The clock is from Pure Style theme mentioned above and overlayed onto the weather

The rest is just organizing mobile shell. I should mention I have the today screen shut down with a cab found on this site. I do not use it and saves a bit of memory to shut it down.

Anything tacchan23 has posted for the Omnia2 has worked a charm for me. Big THANKS to him

Edited by insane73

Guest plguzman

Have used all of them, and I seriously think that the Samsung default keyboard is the best I have tested. In my i900 I have Touchpal, and is great for that screen size, but in our screen, I'm faster with the default keyboard.

Guest lucienium
Have used all of them, and I seriously think that the Samsung default keyboard is the best I have tested. In my i900 I have Touchpal, and is great for that screen size, but in our screen, I'm faster with the default keyboard.

Ditto, I find the Samsung keyboard to be excellent, even compared with HTC's. But I guess to each his own. I hope you find one that works well with your fingers soon. ;-)

Guest achugar
swype.. nuff said.. <_<

I have try 2 or more keyboard and i have to say that Swype is fantastic, you just have to give it a try for a couple of days. When you get used to you will not going to use other one (sorry for my english, im from Uruguay and here is late at night....im tired :mellow:

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Pl@cebo

Hi

My samsung keyboard wont go to portrait (horizontal)...I tried soft reset and hard reset and still no luck.

Any suggestions?