i8000 SAMSUNG OFFICIAL JC1 BY SAMSUNG KIES

Guest jackyaway

Guest moresco.dt
Stupid question: is this update available through NPS? (My Omnia2 is italian unbranded)

Or is it not public? (So FUS Downloader is an obligatory step)

is on NPS because is an official firmware upgrade <_<

Guest manosandrea
Thx for the reply. one more question.

i am asking because i am also interested for greek. do you have your omnia2 in english with greek regional settings? this is how i would like to have mine. or italian with greek regional settings?

thank you again

Everything is in greek.

Lang greek , reg. settings greek.

Attention : in the octans , you have to choose greek lang.

I think that if you want english lang, in the octans you'll have to choose english and , after flashing , you'll change the regional settings to greece.

Edited by manosandrea

Guest nicoscy
Everything is in greek.

Lang greek , reg. settings greek.

Attention : in the octans , you have to choose greek lang.

Thank you for your reply. perfect

Guest lantony

i have the JB1 in italian, tried Kies and it doesnt find any updates and i cant try New PC studio because it's incompatible with Win7 64bit. I will try with the XP partition and see if it finds this firmware

Edited by lantony

Guest NewForce
I started now the download of i8000NXXJC1 using Samsung FUS Downloader ( Thanks to QuattroFormaggi). This update is also available using Samsung Kies.

Hi jackaway,

Is this rom with Dice, Crayon Physics games installed in Phone Memory?

If yes then I'll sticked with Taiwan JC1 rom as it having more phone memory as the 2 games mentioned can be install to My Storage/Storage Card.

Guest jebise

just checked samsung's website. Last time they had a compatible win 7 NPS update back in January and no KIES, now i checked and NPS is no longer there and now version 1.1.5 of KIES is. This might be great news for bell customers, i may finally have a official samsung update to do. With NPS i always got a message saying updates are not supported by this device, hopefully that has changed.

I'm also looking for a changelog on what has been updated or improved.

EDIT

just installed KIES and no update for us candains, although KIES works way better then NPS. But i want an official JC1 update and not resort to ROMS <_< could it be that i have JB3 installed?

Edited by jebise

Guest Lancez

is it me or this ROM, the main menu is still the old style one? can someone confirm that? i flashed with JB1's CSC. thanks in advance

the samsung setting, touch player and calculator's skin r the same as in JB1.

tested it a little while. to be honest, there r no differences compare to JB1/JB3. none of those new skins or new main menu r in this ROM. speed and screen sensetivity r indeed better than JB1/JB3, but not as good as ZUJC1. correct me if im wrong.

@ NewForce

those games r built-in.

Edited by Lancez

Guest artykim
is it me or this ROM, the main menu is still the old style one? can someone confirm that? i flashed with JB1's CSC. thanks in advance

Yes. It's still same old Main Menu. Everything looks old as JB1. What's going on?

Guest Lancez
Yes. It's still same old Main Menu. Everything looks old as JB1. What's going on?

have no idea, even the windows built version is the same 21889. ZUJC1 is 21892.

Guest Namar
So, most of the people are waiting for UK update and CSC for XEU

Now, I'm downloading PDA, eboot and phone parts

Maybe Quattro Formaggi finds and uploads a CSC part

I know, it is possible to use JB3 CSC, but I don't want to miss any minor feature between jb3 and jc1.

Sometimes, strange problems or lockups occurs for some people, but nobody knows why.

You dont need an XEU CSC to get English language. As long as a CSC has a multilanguage option you can choose whatever language you want among the languages inbuilt to the CSC even with Sacany ROMs. In this case it is an Italian CSC which has a few other languages as options. Load the CSC into Octans 2.14 and change the languague option from Italian to English UK. After flashing go to Regional settings on your omnia and chose your region/country to set the parameters like time, date format e.t.c as you would like it. .

Guest NewForce

tested it a little while. to be honest, there r no differences compare to JB1/JB3. none of those new skins or new main menu r in this ROM. speed and screen sensetivity r indeed better than JB1/JB3, but not as good as ZUJC1. correct me if im wrong.

@ NewForce

those games r built-in.

Thanks Lancez!

Hmm... after reading your comments of this rom, this rom still come with old stuff but just a new rom name.

For that and those pre-installed games, I'll continue sticked Taiwan JC1 full rom as it having more phone memory and I could use it under English Language.

Guest Lancez
Thanks Lancez!

Hmm... after reading your comments of this rom, this rom still come with old stuff but just a new rom name.

For that and those pre-installed games, I'll continue sticked Taiwan JC1 full rom as it having more phone memory and I could use it under English Language.

you are welcome <_< and thats what im about to do too, stick with ZUJC1

Guest Del1701

Thanks for checking that Lancez, I just downloaded this one last night, I got the flashing bug now lol, but I think I will stick with ZUJC1 as this one seems to be working perfectly.

Guest Lancez
Thanks for checking that Lancez, I just downloaded this one last night, I got the flashing bug now lol, but I think I will stick with ZUJC1 as this one seems to be working perfectly.

you are welcome <_<

Guest skoda60

Thank jackyaway very much for sharing. Just finished installed all my programs. With PHM registry installed, Samsung dialer disabled and all the today item disabled . The Storage memory was 147.05mb, Free Storage memory was 87.96mn. Total program memory was 144.17mb, free program memory was 89.94mb. After installed all my 30 programs, I still have free storage memory 62mb and free program memory 85mb.

The version was fast and stable, it came with antivirus and wmsifiRouter(Italian ver) as free. I bought my wmwifirouter for S$30.00, LOL.

I done a full flashed JC1 ROM. It have English and Chinese like those Secany multilanguages ROM.

Cheer!

Edited by skoda60

Guest manosandrea

Personally speaking and after having flashed both the JC 1 roms :

The european :

- seems faster , smoother, to me.

- more stable ( with same settings, retains more ram mbs )

The Taiwan's :

-more main memory space ( of course with the lack of many software )

-main menu integrated, though new, was too heavy and laggy.

- interesting the battery % at the magn. glass of the upper bar and other 2 more stuff ( bt,etc)

Interesting is the windows edition that is 21889 vs 21892 !!

Kind a like that the european is really official.

Think i'll stuck with the european , for the moment.

To everybody here : a BIG THANKS !!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest kersey

Very impressed with the speed on this JC1 rom...does anyone know if there's a difference in flashing the csc that comes with the rom (English language version) compared to the one I used (JB1)??

Edited by kersey

Guest manosandrea

I'd like to mention that i liked more the Taiwan's MEDIA PLAYER !!!!!

Could someone extract a cab of that media player from the Taiwan's JC1 rom ??????

Thanks

Guest cristor

Hi,

can anyone please upload the I8000DBTJC1 i.e. european CSC file?

The FUS Downloader didn't works for me on Windows 7 x64...

Thanks in advance.