WiFi stopped working

Guest meabigbaldguy

Fear not! You are not alone in this... and there is a solution. Wifi does indeed work still; however, I've read in this forum that this is the apparent result of some sort of driver failure. Someone else can correct me on this, but anyway, there is at least one workaround for it until SAMSUNG decides to fix it... if they decide to fix it.

Download Rstein's WIFI Profiles and install it onto your device. After installation, open the program, and from the list, simply change DHCP from NO to YES. Apply the profile. You will then see WIFI reappear in your comm manager, but you may still have to go into your Wifi Settings and restart the wifi one more time, or just wait a moment until it stays on. You may also have to do this everytime you power up the device.

It's sort of a pain in the ass, but it's better than nothing. In any case, it will work 100% of the time without screwing anything else up.

Before you try this, you may also want to wait and see if anyone else might have something better, or even a fix. I would be interested in this as well.

WifiProfilesInstall.CAB

Edited by meabigbaldguy

Guest Dado...

thank you :)

yes working.... after enabling DHCP must soft reset device and now working..... i owe you a beer ;)

Edited by Dado...

Guest Ender Psp
thank you :)

yes working.... after enabling DHCP must soft reset device and now working..... i owe you a beer ;)

No need to softreset. Just run WifiProfiles and run/apply that profile.

Keep in mind that this will also turn WiFi on. So you'll need to turn it off yourself after running WifiProfiles.

Btw, this has been previously discussed here and here, a search would've helped :P

Guest Ender Psp
not worked without restart

Which one? Installing WifiProfiles or enabling WiFi through it?

It should work without soft reset. Keep in mind, as I said before, that once you apply the profile, the wireless is ON. You can open it again in widget, turn it OFF, and turn it ON back again (should work as before).

No one else had to reset after applying the profile.

Guest Dado...

installing WifiProfiles and enabling DHCP work fine

turning on WiFI not worked, tried few times.... after soft reset working

Edited by Dado...

Guest Kross_

I found that using a few different things in SKTools makes WiFi invisible, so I run Optimize! or Tune Up! then soft reset brings it back.

Guest meabigbaldguy

This problem seems to be corrected with JC1 ROM. I flashed Gary Crutcher's ROM last week and so far so good. Wifi functions with every restart.

Guest Omega Ra
This problem seems to be corrected with JC1 ROM. I flashed Gary Crutcher's ROM last week and so far so good. Wifi functions with every restart.

i have the i920

Guest belerephont
Fear not! You are not alone in this... and there is a solution. Wifi does indeed work still; however, I've read in this forum that this is the apparent result of some sort of driver failure. Someone else can correct me on this, but anyway, there is at least one workaround for it until SAMSUNG decides to fix it... if they decide to fix it.

Download Rstein's WIFI Profiles and install it onto your device. After installation, open the program, and from the list, simply change DHCP from NO to YES. Apply the profile. You will then see WIFI reappear in your comm manager, but you may still have to go into your Wifi Settings and restart the wifi one more time, or just wait a moment until it stays on. You may also have to do this everytime you power up the device.

It's sort of a pain in the ass, but it's better than nothing. In any case, it will work 100% of the time without screwing anything else up.

Before you try this, you may also want to wait and see if anyone else might have something better, or even a fix. I would be interested in this as well.

Thanks!! This worked like a charm!!