DHCP problem Windows mobile.

Guest acastiyo

Hello everyone,

I am opening this topic to ask you about a problem I have with my wireless network at home. I have it configured with WPA-PSK-TKIP security and DHCP. I have some laptops connectiong and getting a proper IP in the network, and internet working perfectly for them. But when I try to connect any Windows Mobile device (tried 3 of them: Diamond 2, Omnia 2 and LG GM750) they connect but don't get a proper IP address and of course internet is not working. But when I configure them with a static IP address, they connect with no problems and internet works.

I have been looking for a possible solution but didn't find anything. There seems to be a problem on how the windows mobile devices get the IP addresses I would say. The router assigning the IP addresses is a 3COM Officeconnect 812.

Any ideas on what could be happening here? I was thinking it has to be a stupid thing, but didn't find it yet. Why laptops can obtain an ip address but not the windows mobile devices?

Edited by acastiyo

Hmm...I have been using the Omnia with WPA and WPA2 & DHCP without problems. Some ideas:

- password and SSID - I know they match. just delete them and re-type again in the phone :)

- Do you have MAC access filter on the router? If yes, disable it, reboot the router and see if it works without it.

- Authentication - check the mode WPA, WPA2 or both (if you have it try with WPA only and WPA/WPA2).

- Router logs?

You might install pingbox2 if you don't have such net tools already...quite usefull, but reduce the ARP network range beforehand..otherwise takes ages