Wi-Fi is unable to connect to my network

Guest Sentrynel

Hi everyone, i'm somewhat new to this forum, but i still hope you can find the time to help me a little ;) I searched the forum, but i didn't find a similar problem.

I'm TOTALLY new to the world of smartphones, and i bought this december an Omnia II, but so far i didn't use much its PPC functionalities.

I am using the original WM 6.5 rom (Italy, unbranded) and have done no great special tweaks. UI is the one that came with the phone.

I installed very few apps (Advanced Config, Total Commander, NoData, Nitrogen, XnView, PhM Registry, all in all there must be less than 20 of them, and are all installed not in "Device" but either in My Storage or My Memory Card).

That said, i am having troubles with my Wireless Connection.

When i bought the phone, and started using it, i ran all the usual tests, and obviously i tried the internet browsing and the connectivity options, and i connected it to my Wi-FI (802.11g, from a Lynksys router), and it worked fine.

Then, as i said, i more or less stopped using the Wi-FI functionality and i almost always kept the wi-fi disabled, but when a couple of days ago i tried to re-connect to my wi-fi wlan, nothing worked. The Wi-Fi was there, and it managed to scan the surroundings and find the local networks, including mine.

But when i try to connect, it starts "connecting" and enters some kind of loop... the icon flashes blue and dark blue, i see the little dots connecting it to my phone, but nothing happens, almost as if it couldn't complete the connection. And no internet app (like Opera) can detect the connection

I reconfigured it many times. Double checked any settings, from wi-fi key (correctly inputed) to wi-fi encryption, ip and so on. But no results.

The point, in the blasted hated and *insert insults* windows mobile, there's no darned error messages, so i don't know what the hell is not working.

I tried changing between DHCP and fixed IP, but obtained nothing.

I am using WPA-PSK, AES key, on 802.11g.

Please, help me :)!

Guest Sentrynel

A Little update.

This is weird, it works if the network is unprotected or if i set the router to use WPA2-PSK AES, but not with WPA-PSK.

I wonder why it is. Is it a limitation of the Omnia 2?

Guest Vostradamus
A Little update.

This is weird, it works if the network is unprotected or if i set the router to use WPA2-PSK AES, but not with WPA-PSK.

I wonder why it is. Is it a limitation of the Omnia 2?

My wifi at home is wpa-psk, so that's not the issue

(I'm on an italian stock rom either, just wind instead of unbranded)

did you check on the O2 if the settings for your wifi network are correct according to your router settings? I guess if it's set as wpa-psk on the device and something else on the router ot the other way around it could have issues

Edited by Vostradamus

Guest jktorrent

Hi,

I having almost the similar issue. When I use my old Netgear Router, my Omnia-2 can always connected to the WIFI using WEP connection. But ever since I changed to new D-Link Router D-615, my Omnia-2 only sometime can connect to my WIFI. Sometime it connect to WIFI, sometime it can't. And most of time I have to Restart my Omnia-2 to get connected to WIFI.

Note: all using DHCP.

My Omnia-2 Firmware is JB2.

So I still can't figure it out is it due to my Router or is it the Omnia-2.

Coz, using other devices like my old Pocket-PC or other phone to connect to this new D-Link Router, all seem ok. And using my Omnia-2 to connect to others routers like public hot-spot all easily connected. ...

I seem to have a different problem. When I turn on my WiFi, sometime it just disconnects from the router for no reason at all when it goes into sleep mode. Under the WiFi configuration I made sure that it never turns odd the WiFi if not connected option.

Does anyone know how to fix this odd problem?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ascot17

I had a similar problem on my Omnia (i900). My router was using WPA-PSK and WiFi connection was intermittent.

I changed the router settings to WEP and no longer have any problem.