Calculator % Problem

Hi - a curious problem: i cannot do any calculation with the % operator in the normal calculator app. (see screencap attached).

Anyone else experience the same?

post-614411-1268975163_thumb.jpg

Hi - a curious problem: i cannot do any calculation with the % operator in the normal calculator app. (see screencap attached).

Hi, i have this problem too after upgraded the phonoe to official JA5 version at service center last week. I'm using the old calculator program now, which i copied from my friend's Win 6.1 Omnia 2. Now ok already!

Guest awarner (MVP)

Strange it works fine for me on 6.5 unless it is a specific ROM issue which would be strange as it's not really an appliation I would have expected to be altered between ROMs?

Guest .:stn:.
Strange it works fine for me on 6.5 unless it is a specific ROM issue which would be strange as it's not really an appliation I would have expected to be altered between ROMs?

we're deliberating over this problem, it can be seen on some of the new rom releases and the calculatro app seems to be the blame, try getting the one extracted from older version

Guest dgmorland

yes that happens for me too! I am on JC1 ROM with calculator that came with this

Guest dgmorland
we're deliberating over this problem, it can be seen on some of the new rom releases and the calculatro app seems to be the blame, try getting the one extracted from older version

Could someone please post a version of PowerCalc.exe that works correctly?

• 4 weeks later...
Guest patatosalata

This is so funny!

The new calculator in JD1 doesn't use the % as a percentage!

It uses it to do a modulo operation (which i think is more useful) i.e 5%3=2

Guest dgmorland
This is so funny!

The new calculator in JD1 doesn't use the % as a percentage!

It uses it to do a modulo operation (which i think is more useful) i.e 5%3=2

Yes - but you have to wonder how they came to the conclusion that a percentage function was not needed on the basic calculator (as opposed to the scientific calculator screen in landscaps) but a modulus function was. ;)