new rom coming I8000HZHJC2

Guest bearandfox

Guest Tahirkhan
OK, try to restart your phone, do you see WM6.1 booting up? if no then......

I think it's time for you to send your phone back for a repair (told you don't touch your eboot becos 6.1 eboot also allows you to flash 6.5 roms, now your phone is completely f**ked!). Does your phone have language choice (like indian and English)? if yes, then all you have to do is to walk into a Samsung repair centre, tell them that your phone bricked during the changing language process, then they will fix it for you for free. If not, the cost is pricey!

In HK, the part of the phone that defines whether you have void the warranty is the eboot part, so literally I can screw my phone up as many times as I want as long as I don't touch eboot. But they never check and basically all I have to do is to say to the receptionist that my phone bricks during changing language (becos the process itself is identical to flashing a new rom). So I think this lie (or bullshit) would also work for you, provided that your phone comes with 2 languages

yes i do see the wm6.1 booting up.. its working fine.. i am making calls too..

tell me what else i can do now without changing eboot and back to square one with error problem.

Thanks

Guest msra6la2
yes i do see the wm6.1 booting up.. its working fine.. i am making calls too..

tell me what else i can do now without changing eboot and back to square one with error problem.

Thanks

arr, I was wondering why you got that error message, becos that only comes up b4 flashing begins and after you press detect, so it must be true that you haven't followed exactly the steps you need to follow when you're using 7/Vista. Anyway, do you know there're more steps to follow if you're to flash your phone via a Win7 PC?

Look (PS I don't use Vista to flash my phone), I get the same error message because I haven't installed the extra things that are needed in Vista to flash my phone

post-494929-1269191842_thumb.jpg

Edited by msra6la2

Guest Tahirkhan

EXACTELY THIS IS THE SAME ERROR WHICH I AM GETTING..

SO WHICH ARE THE extra things that are needed TO FLASH MY PHONE IN WIN 7 64 BIT

Guest msra6la2
EXACTELY THIS IS THE SAME ERROR WHICH I AM GETTING..

SO WHICH ARE THE extra things that are needed TO FLASH MY PHONE IN WIN 7 64 BIT

read the guide to flashing rom again, read EVERY WORD! And there you may find a link to the guide to flashing rom on 7 x64

Guest Tahirkhan
read the guide to flashing rom again, read EVERY WORD! And there you may find a link to the guide to flashing rom on 7 x64

now i tried using octans mini v 2.11 still getting the same error...... i have downloaded everything for win 7 64 bit but the problem comes as soon as i start the octane or octane mini on the right side i already see SERVICE STOPPED SUCESSFULLY (P.S - SCREEN SHOT ATTACHED) is that the way it supposed to be ??? and next when i press detect than i get this error (Service is already stopped. So I will NOT Re-start the service...) SCREEN SHOT ATTACHED .. NOW WHAT DO I DO?? I HAVE READ EVERYTHING QUITE A FEW TIMES. as per my understanding i am following everthing correctly but still i dono something is wrong or i am missing . :)

post-675603-1269228646_thumb.jpg

post-675603-1269228710_thumb.jpg

Edited by Tahirkhan

Guest Namar

now i tried using octans mini v 2.11 still getting the same error...... i have downloaded everything for win 7 64 bit but the problem comes as soon as i start the octane or octane mini on the right side i already see SERVICE STOPPED SUCESSFULLY (P.S - SCREEN SHOT ATTACHED) is that the way it supposed to be ??? and next when i press detect than i get this error (Service is already stopped. So I will NOT Re-start the service...) SCREEN SHOT ATTACHED .. NOW WHAT DO I DO?? I HAVE READ EVERYTHING QUITE A FEW TIMES. as per my understanding i am following everthing correctly but still i dono something is wrong or i am missing . :)

Ensure that you install samsung cdma modem 4.134 first. Then download Octans 2.14 for the flashing. Octan mini that you are trying to use will not work for the flashing. It used to work for older ROMS.

Edited by Namar

Guest msra6la2

Ensure that you install samsung cdma modem 4.134 first. Then download Octans 2.14 for the flashing. Octan mini that you are trying to use will not work for the flashing. It used to work for older ROMS.

Octan mini works for me in any cases when I don't have to touch .bin and .eb0

his problem is that he isn't bothered to go thru the extra procedures that you need to go thru b4 flashing your phone USING windows 7 x64, it's nothing to do with which downloader he uses

Edited by msra6la2

Guest Tahirkhan
Octan mini works for me in any cases when I don't have to touch .bin and .eb0

his problem is that he isn't bothered to go thru the extra procedures that you need to go thru b4 flashing your phone USING windows 7 x64, it's nothing to do with which downloader he uses

thanks.

i am already using samsung cdma modem and Octans 2.14 for the flashing.

i am ready to do all the extra procedures that i need for flashing on win7 x64.. can u tell which r those procedures that u talking about.. if possible paste the link.

Guest msra6la2
thanks.

i am already using samsung cdma modem and Octans 2.14 for the flashing.

i am ready to do all the extra procedures that i need for flashing on win7 x64.. can u tell which r those procedures that u talking about.. if possible paste the link.

I can't believe you can't even be arsed with looking up yourself here:

http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-...4bit-windows-7/

Guest Man12529

hi , don't know my my general settings don't have "Samsung Touch Wiz UI" anyone got the same problem?

I notice i don't have the samsung keyboard also maybe it is store in the CSC..

I using :

PDA: I8000HZHJC2

CSC : I8000XSOIJ2

PHONE : I8000XXJB2

post-571467-1269247908_thumb.png

Guest bestian
hi , don't know my my general settings don't have "Samsung Touch Wiz UI" anyone got the same problem?

I using :

someone could help me to change the language from chinese to english. i don't know what to choose from the list in language setting, coz it's all in chinese

* never mind, i allready figured it out..

Edited by bestian

Guest msra6la2

I using :

There's a massive line saying "touchwiz UI" in the picture you have posted

Guest Tahirkhan
I can't believe you can't even be arsed with looking up yourself here:

http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-...4bit-windows-7/

friend i have already done this long before.. i thought there is something else u were coming up with.. anyways.. thanks..

i got hold of xp machine now. downloading for xp. hope it works this time.

Edited by Tahirkhan

bug: the touch player can't play many of my videos that I had it playing fine previously.

and also the camera has its sounds sure-on. which means to say that even though you set your phone to silent, the camera sounds still plays.

Guest Tahirkhan
friend i have already done this long before.. i thought there is something else u were coming up with.. anyways.. thanks..

i got hold of xp machine now. downloading for xp. hope it works this time.

GUESS WHAT FRIENDS I SUCESSFULLY UPGRADED FROM WM 6.1 TO WM 6.5... ITS DONE ON WIN XP.. I DID NOTHING EVERTHING SAME FOLLOW THE SAME PROCEDURE JUST CHANGED FROM WIN 7 X64 TO WIN XP... PIECE OF CAKE

THANK YOU ALL. WORKING LIKE A CHARM

SPECIAL THANKS TO msra6la2

Edited by Tahirkhan

Guest msra6la2
GUESS WHAT FRIENDS I SUCESSFULLY UPGRADED FROM WM 6.1 TO WM 6.5... ITS DONE ON WIN XP.. I DID NOTHING EVERTHING SAME FOLLOW THE SAME PROCEDURE JUST CHANGED TO WIN 7 X64 TO WIN XP... PIECE OF CAKE

THANK YOU ALL. WORKING LIKE A CHARM

SPECIAL THANKS TO msra6la2

glad that it works for you

Guest msra6la2
noticed unable to upload photo to web.

anyone experience this in JC1 n JC2?

Communities just couldnt update...any idea to fix this??

I tried and you're right, it doesn't work properly.

But I don't use it anyway so don't really care, you can still upload photos/videos to facebook/ twitter using MS apps

Guest chotuvohra_inus

Guys My KIES is giving a message of Device not supported after installing JC2. Can anyone help with some tweaks or tips. NPS and activesync work fine but KIES is not recognizing the phone. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Guest msra6la2
Guys My KIES is giving a message of Device not supported after installing JC2. Can anyone help with some tweaks or tips. NPS and activesync work fine but KIES is not recognizing the phone. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Samsung KIES is not used by Samsung HK, that is why your device is not recognised by KIES (HZHJC2 is a Hong Kong official stock JC2 rom). The best thing you can do is simply flash another rom

Edited by msra6la2

Guest sushi_kun

the JC2 rom seems fast enough and stable, however there are really annoying gripes on this version. The samsung keypad is not really detailed well as to the previous roms, plus, it doesn't have haptic feedback now. Why did they remove it?? All in all i love the new layouts. But there are still bugs to iron out. 3 out of 5 stars for this rom..