Connecting to GPRS message

Guest babyjosef17

Guest babyjosef17

Something funny happened to me yesterday.

When I am in the train going to work I surf the internet. On certain stations I loose my 3G connection and my whole phone signal as well. So once I pass that station my 3h will try to reconnect.

I do not know what I did but yesterday, even though I can see clearly that ym 3G is trying to connect. I do not get the "Connecting to GPRS" message. WHICH IS GREAT !!! everytime I loose connection and browser tries to reconnect, I do not get the message anymore.

Unfortunately, today it is back. hehe. I wonder what did I change? But I really cannot remember changing any setting. Altough is there any specific setting to permanently hide the "connecting to GPRS" display that anyone knows already?

THANKS!!

Yeah, there's a registry key to permanently hide that "Connecting..." message, but sadly it's in a txt in my house, so I'll have to get back to you later. But rest assured that it can be achieved! :)

Guest triplex76

simply use the registry to unhide the windows setting icon.... than tap setting-sound and notification-notification-and select connection...simply uncheck "show message on screen" ... finished...

no need of anything different! just look better!

Guest Crezymunky
simply use the registry to unhide the windows setting icon.... than tap setting-sound and notification-notification-and select connection...simply uncheck "show message on screen" ... finished...

I have been using WM for years, and that F'n POS notice has plagued my GD screen. Thank F*&^ you told me about this. Of course, i now feel like a complete Dumb#$% for having not figured this out on my own......

A calm has washed over me now.

Guest triplex76

lol...i discovered it times ago on the i900 ... but it was my fourth windows phone at the time ... so i'm no more no less in the same league!

Guest xaznxplaya

Which setting do you have to change in the registry?

Guest triplex76

to unhide windows setting icon?

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Shell\StartInfo\Hidesettings =0

that's all to have full access to a lot of windows stuff!

a similar story applies to samsung today!

after editing manually in the registry about all the shortcuts i would have ... i found it was enough to push on the shortcut to change it!

LOL

Edited by triplex76

Guest babyjosef17

Thanks a lot for this. Forgot about the windows settings. I should unhide it again. I always forget to unhide it after I hard reset. thanks I will try it.

*** Update **

Yes I have done it now. Changed both to vibrate instead of showing a message. At least with this I will be alerted, but will not see an annoying message in the screen for all to see how unstable my Providers 3G connection is. haha!

Well I just don't want them to think it because of the phone why connection is not stable. IT NOT THE PHONE DAMMIT! You in a train moving 60KPH, with a weak provider, what do you expect!? LOL If only I can say that to the guy next to me on the train staring at my phone browsing.

Thanks again!!

Edited by babyjosef17