Dim lockscreen when device woken up

Guest dgmorland

One thing that has always bothered me is that the standard WinMo lockscreen is dim when you press the hardware button to wakeup the phone. The only solution I found to this was to enable the PIN with the "password lock" feature in the settings menu. This enables you to enter a PIN number that you have to enter to unlock the phone. Enabling this option makes the WinMo lockscreen appear in full brightness. However, I didn't really want to have to enter a PIN.

The second solution was to use the S2U2 app for the lockscreen. This overcame the dim screen problem but S2U2 eats up RAM (as does the standard WinMo lockscreen).

After thinking about it for a while I realised that the lockscreen without a PIN doesn't really serve any purpose for me anyway. All it does is require an extra step for me to unlock the phone.

So by disabling the "lock when device is woken up" setting, I can just press the hardware lock/unlock button to wake up the phone and instantly the phone is working again and I don't have a lockscreen app wasting precious RAM.

Guest babyjosef17

Hehe quite a random topic but then again it's good that you share cuz now I know there are at least 2 of us who found the the WM lockscreen, or any other lockscreen for that matter, useless.

So far even without the locksreen, never had any incident of accidentally pressing any keys when someone call me or sms me or any other event that will wake up the phone. Even when it is in my pocket.

Plus I love the fact that without any lockscreen, you can watch your Music Video, then just lock the screen then put your pocket if needed to without disrupting the video, instantly turning it to a mp3 hehe. (altought screen will wake up when the next video plays)

Edited by babyjosef17