Don't dump your O2 yet cause it's the new king of the SMS

Guest CryptXus
Samsung's Omnia II handset was the first phone to feature Swype, the super-fast input method for texting. It's now officially the world's fastest way to text, breaking the Guinness World Record with five seconds to spare.

Read more and see the video demo at

http://gizmodo.com/5499723/samsung-sets-ne...in-a-commercial

wat's the point of fastest text but everything else slow?

Guest msra6la2
wat's the point of fastest text but everything else slow?

becos my phone isn't slow (using the latest Hong Kong stock rom) except for the occasional sluggishness unlocking the phone

Guest Ender Psp
Samsung's Omnia II handset was the first phone to feature Swype, the super-fast input method for texting. It's now officially the world's fastest way to text, breaking the Guinness World Record with five seconds to spare.

Read more and see the video demo at

http://gizmodo.com/5499723/samsung-sets-ne...in-a-commercial

This is not the only reason why I'm going to keep it :)

There are dozens of threads now on this subject btw (why you should/nt keep it).

Personally, I love the screen, touch player, WM apps and the list goes on. Is it perfect? No, but it suits my needs.

If you're expecting miracles, then wait till 2015 maybe then a phone will do then what you want today. ;)

Guest tacchan23
If you're expecting miracles, then wait till 2015 maybe then a phone will do then what you want today. ;)

But it won't do what u expect by 2015 :)

Guest surethom

its swipe thats fast not omnia 2 which is slow, it has been out for over 5 months with win 6.5, & still no official update. cant wait to get rid of samsung.

Guest Apolousm
its swipe thats fast not omnia 2 which is slow, it has been out for over 5 months with win 6.5, & still no official update. cant wait to get rid of samsung.

me too..

Guest surethom
The phone isn't slow guys. It's the SOFTWARE.

I know But Samsung still has not released a firmware update to speed it up, & it taking way to long to do so.

Guest y17dt

It´s really nice typing with swype. You can find it on the well known sources.

Available in English, French, Italian, German and Spain languages. No more languages available up to now...

I love this Prog!

Regards

Guest babyjosef17

Yeah I love swype. Although english is not my usual language for sms. I used it for website, passwords, usernames, and posting at forums such like this. (not for this one though i'm using my pc) It is really really fast.

sure swpye is fast, but samsung is not. But where is swype installed again on that record breaking video? On an Omnia. So in conclusion.

"Samsung texting is fast"

That is the bottom line !! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

so STFU haters and looser. nuff of your "cant wait to get rid" etc post of your. Stop posting then get rid of it. So we will be rid of you people in this forums too. Samsung Omnia II does not need users like you. Yeah right like you dumping your omnia will make samsung go bankrupt. Stop thinking too highly of yourself. AHAHAHAH! dumb people should stick to dumb phones anyway. that is why there are still dumb phones in the market. Stop using a "Pocket PC" if you can't handle it. LOL

Edited by babyjosef17

Guest msra6la2
which can be solved using a freeware Unlock app too:)

actually, I solved it by overclocking CPU MPLL to 266mhz (stock rom pre-set MPL clock speed is 193) and APLL to 920mhz (pre-set is 800Mhz)

I have never been a fan of S2U2 (with Samsung lockscreen mod) or Touch lock pro because a) they don't lock everything (hardware buttons) and b ) they crash every now and then

Edited by msra6la2

Guest msra6la2
I know But Samsung still has not released a firmware update to speed it up, & it taking way to long to do so.

newest Hong Kong official stock rom HZHJC2 has speed things up quite significantly, even running Samsung touchwiz enabled mode and Widget Plus interface things run smoothly (without overclocking, all overclocking does is to make things run even faster than fast, to make O2 run as snappy as HD2

Guest abdelrahim

Waiting for that....May be WINDOWS MOBILE7

Guest ray1234

Just don't use the widget, everything is lightening fast without the widget.

The guy typing in Swype must have practiced a thousand times to be able to type in 35 secs, I did a practical test myself, I need about 32 seconds typing that phrase on a PC keyboard. Using Swype, I need 1 min 20 seconds. Mind you, I only practiced twice, and I have to look at the spelling of those words on the computer screen while inputting in Swype while on PC, I'm looking at the same screen in 2 windows. To practice a few more times until I remember the spelling of the words, I think I can do it under 1 min. My usual experience is that I can now type in Swype about double the time I use in typing on a PC keyboard, and that's not bad..... I'm not a slow typer, 60-80 words per min.