SUCCESFULLY FLASH my phone part on i8000l Bell canada

Guest xfallen

Guest xfallen

I need to know if someone already flash his i8000L bell phone part and if he did have any improvement like better call quality or other improvement thx

and sorry if its already post i DID search but there was nothing clear or old thread from de december when we where no knowing anything on the phone !!!!

UPDATE:

i DID flash all the part of the JD1 rom : PHONE

PDA

EBOOT

AND THE BEll CSC that willis gave me at post #27of this thread

So Far i dont have any problem , internet , and phone are working correctly gonna report if any other things work or not work

Thanks

Edited by xfallen

Guest slavke1976

I have an i8000L but not from bell, and i flashed all parts of my Omnia and all is working fine, but maybe i am one of lucky who didnt brick my Omnia

Guest Uss_Defiant
I have an i8000L but not from bell, and i flashed all parts of my Omnia and all is working fine, but maybe i am one of lucky who didnt brick my Omnia

I'm not sure about phone, but I was reading on the forums that some guy with a bell phone flashed his .csc and bricked it. I have a bell too, and i'm staying on the safe side and not flashing it lol.

Guest redzone321
I'm not sure about phone, but I was reading on the forums that some guy with a bell phone flashed his .csc and bricked it. I have a bell too, and i'm staying on the safe side and not flashing it lol.

you cant brick our phone by flashign only the csc.

only the Eboot flashign is dangerous.

I guess you can consider the phone part dangerous as well as theres no "backup" of the original bell phone part.

Guest tsukuyomi
i flashed the csc , pda , eboot on my i8000l and nothing is bricked and im with bell canada

I flash mine yesterday and i am with bell, it works perfect and a bit faster with the sense UI

Guest gdrijver
I flash mine yesterday and i am with bell, it works perfect and a bit faster with the sense UI

I have been flashing my Bell phone with every component except the phone part. I do have a back up I8000L phone.bin but just haven't felt the need to flash that part. What phone part are you currently using?

G

Guest Richard2204

Hi Guys,

I have had an Omnia II on the Bell network in Canada for a couple of weeks. I am looking to flash just the PDA Rom to one of the light Rom's to get rid of some of the bloatware and increase the program RAM. I have already backed up my phones Rom using DSKDump and converted it using the O2Util.

Is this safe to do? I have flashed Rom's before on older HTC devices and know the benefits of doing this. Can I reverse the process and re flash the phone with my backed up ROM file if it ever needs to go back to Bell?

Many thanks

Richard

Guest jebise

yes since you have a dump and created a nb0 file you can flash back at anytime. I have garys JC2 rOM installed and it works fine. All my other(CSC, Phone, eboot) parts are stock

Guest gdrijver

FYI...I have an I-8000L was previously Bell, now unlocked and using on AT&T. Previously had refrained from flashing the phone.bin file. Yesterday I flashed everything and all is working without a single problem. Everything seems faster run without any lags. I'll report on the battery usage later

Eboot_I8000JXJC2_HW_40.eb0

I8000MATJC4.csc

Phone_I8000XXJB2.bin

PDA_I8000JXJC2_HW_40.MST

Gordon

Guest jebise
where did you find a .csc with this code? I tried secany's and no luck

you can't download it, only option i know is to use firmware downloader and download the lastest firmware which is back from nov 09 and flash those parts. Thats just a idea i had and i really don't know if it will work.

Edited by jebise

Guest Uss_Defiant
you can't download it, only option i know is to use firmware downloader and download the lastest firmware which is back from nov 09 and flash those parts. Thats just a idea i had and i really don't know if it will work.

Oh I see.. dosent seem worth the trouble.. i was hoping you'd be able to select something of the latest released rom's.

Guest Jeanne8fr
FYI...I have an I-8000L was previously Bell, now unlocked and using on AT&T. Previously had refrained from flashing the phone.bin file. Yesterday I flashed everything and all is working without a single problem. Everything seems faster run without any lags. I'll report on the battery usage later

Eboot_I8000JXJC2_HW_40.eb0

I8000MATJC4.csc

Phone_I8000XXJB2.bin

PDA_I8000JXJC2_HW_40.MST

Gordon

Hi Gordon,

I just got my i8000L from Bell Canada yesterday. I am on AT&T California. I unlocked it and have installed my stuff on it but I really don't like how bloated it is and all that black everywhere is depressing. I want to put in a light ROM. Can you give me a few pointers so I can do that without killing my new toy. I am not a total noob since I have had a i900 for a long time and flashed it many times.

Thanks,

Jeannette

Guest eduuuuu

I have a i8000L from Brazil and I always flash my phone with all the parts, except phone part.

No problem at all.

everything works fine, and there are nice improvements each time.

I have flashed only .csc and only eboot... and all of them...

I did a lot of reading.... and some rules are:

I never flash movienand and pda at the same tiime. (one or another).

I have never and I won´t flash a i8000-Phone-Part into a i8000L-phone. - that would mess the phone. - different network bands --> different hardware.

this is my experience.

Guest willis111

Originally on bell canada, I just flashed eboot(i8000nxxjd1), phone(i8000xxjd1) and pda to i8000nxxjd1. I reflashed my bell csc to have an easier time with settings (i8000lbmcij6) but everythings working sweet.

Guest xfallen
Originally on bell canada, I just flashed eboot(i8000nxxjd1), phone(i8000xxjd1) and pda to i8000nxxjd1. I reflashed my bell csc to have an easier time with settings (i8000lbmcij6) but everythings working sweet.

hi where did you got your CSC could you send it to me ??? i might try it tonight then to flash the JD1 rom all at once and did you do it separatly or all at the same time ???

Guest matdahero

I am gonna ask a very noob question and please don't flame on me. I8000 seems more complicated than the B7610 which I am forgoing. I am gonna get a locked Bell Omnia II and i use Rogers. So if I am correct, I have to pay to get it unlocked first before any flashing right?

And also, can I flash just about any roms here? Does it have to be based on Bell's stock rom or the customized roms floating around is fine?

Thanks...

Edited by matdahero

Guest xfallen
I am gonna ask a very noob question and please don't flame on me. I8000 seems more complicated than the B7610 which I am forgoing. I am gonna get a locked Bell Omnia II and i use Rogers. So if I am correct, I have to pay to get it unlocked first before any flashing right?

And also, can I flash just about any roms here? Does it have to be based on Bell's stock rom or the customized roms floating around is fine?

Thanks...

first you have tp unlock it to use it on rogers but you dont have to unlock it to start flashing it you can flash the PDA part freely search for the how to do it and there is a thread somewhere in the i8000 discussion page that show you how to unlock it but it cost money and i dont know any other way to unlock it free but Bell canada charge 70 $ so go with your heart and your wallet ;)

Guest matdahero
first you have tp unlock it to use it on rogers but you dont have to unlock it to start flashing it you can flash the PDA part freely search for the how to do it and there is a thread somewhere in the i8000 discussion page that show you how to unlock it but it cost money and i dont know any other way to unlock it free but Bell canada charge 70 $ so go with your heart and your wallet ;)

So I can basically flash any custom Roms? ;) Thanks man for the quick info. I am not new to Octans flashing so it's all good I know how to do that. I was just asking if there's any extra steps/precautions about Bell Omnia II's compatibility to all the custom Roms out there. So I can flash the New JD1 Rom too if I understand you correctly ;)

Guest xfallen
So I can basically flash any custom Roms? ;) Thanks man for the quick info. I am not new to Octans flashing so it's all good I know how to do that. I was just asking if there's any extra steps/precautions about Bell Omnia II's compatibility to all the custom Roms out there. So I can flash the New JD1 Rom too if I understand you correctly ;)

yes