phonebook and keyboard

Guest jebise

Remember reading it some place but cannot find the thread. It was a reg hack that disabled the keyboard from poping up when you open phonebook. This is really getting annoying for me so i'm look for a way to disable it so it dose not pop up any more.

Guest dgmorland
Remember reading it some place but cannot find the thread. It was a reg hack that disabled the keyboard from poping up when you open phonebook. This is really getting annoying for me so i'm look for a way to disable it so it dose not pop up any more.

I'm looking for a solution to this too. The first time I noticed this issues was after upgrading to JC1 ROM. I have tried replacing the Contacts app with the ones from JC2 and JB1 but it didnt fix the problem. Maybe as you suggest there is a registry setting that needs changing.

Guest dgmorland

Maybe someone who doesn't have the keyboard popping up when you open the Contacts app could confirm the registry entires they have in HKCU\Software\Samsung\SECContact. I have these values:

(Default) = (value not set)

ContactFilter = 0

InversFileAs = 1

ReserveDestroy = 0

Guest Ender Psp
Maybe someone who doesn't have the keyboard popping up when you open the Contacts app could confirm the registry entires they have in HKCU\Software\Samsung\SECContact. I have these values:

(Default) = (value not set)

ContactFilter = 0

InversFileAs = 1

ReserveDestroy = 0

ContactFilter = 2

InversFileAs = 0

ReserveDestroy = 0

Rom XXII9

Guest dgmorland
ContactFilter = 2

InversFileAs = 0

ReserveDestroy = 0

Rom XXII9

thx - i think these are just settings based on how u configured options in the app - no extra values pertaining to keyboard by the look of it

Guest Namar

It used to be this registry tweaking. below. I dont know if this still works for the recent ROMS such as JC1 and JC2. I knew it worked for earlier ones before JB3.

This is from the compilation of tweaks given by a member of the forum in the past.(Sorry I cannot remember the name of the member now)

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Sip>:

Create or change DWORD > TurnOffAutoDeploy from 0 to 1

Guest dgmorland
It used to be this registry tweaking. below. I dont know if this still works for the recent ROMS such as JC1 and JC2. I knew it worked for earlier ones before JB3.

This is from the compilation of tweaks given by a member of the forum in the past.(Sorry I cannot remember the name of the member now)

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Sip>:

Create or change DWORD > TurnOffAutoDeploy from 0 to 1

yes but unfortunately this is a system-wide setting

Guest Pl@cebo

Hi...

I have Omnia 2 (win mobile 6.5 + SPB Shel3.5)....

When someone calls me, I dont see callers name, just number (its like Samsung is over ruling the contact manager of the SPB shell)...when I call out, from SPB shell contact list, everything is just fine.

And, also...when I press Call button, it opens Samsungs call log and not SPB shell`s.

What can I do!?

Thank you....

Guest dgmorland
Hi...

I have Omnia 2 (win mobile 6.5 + SPB Shel3.5)....

When someone calls me, I dont see callers name, just number (its like Samsung is over ruling the contact manager of the SPB shell)...when I call out, from SPB shell contact list, everything is just fine.

And, also...when I press Call button, it opens Samsungs call log and not SPB shell`s.

What can I do!?

Thank you....

This thread is about disabling the keyboard popup in Samsung Contacts app. Your questions are about Caller ID and SPB Mobile Shell which are nothing to do with this topic so you would be better to start a new topic.

• 1 month later...