A simple RAM friendly lock screen?

Guest jlccarv

Hi all, anyone know of a simple, fast (no lag) and RAM friendly lock screen? post you suggestions =)

Edit:

I guess the only reason i want a lockscreen is that i haven't come across an option to disable the SMS wake up event. considering the RAM constraints of the i8000, this would probably be the best option for most of us. in HTC phones, its a simple regedit. does anyone know how to do it on the i8000?

Edited by jlccarv

Guest gchris7

The default is probably the worse out there considering ram usage. Needs about 10mb...

I think s2u2 is the way to go. Needs about 3mb, its super fast and super customizable.

Guest jlccarv

considering the only reason I want a lockscreen is that i haven't come across an option to disable the SMS wake up event. In HTC phones, its a simple regedit. does anyone know how to do it on the i8000?

Guest Shemmy
considering the only reason I want a lockscreen is that i haven't come across an option to disable the SMS wake up event. In HTC phones, its a simple regedit. does anyone know how to do it on the i8000?

Use Memory Maid or SKTools to remove the WakeOnSMS.exe file from the startup applications. Or use Total Commander or Rescco Explorer to remove the file from \Windows\Startup (that may be a link file)

Guest jlccarv
Use Memory Maid or SKTools to remove the WakeOnSMS.exe file from the startup applications. Or use Total Commander or Rescco Explorer to remove the file from \Windows\Startup (that may be a link file)

hi man, thanks for the response... there is no link to WakeOnSMS.exe in the startup folder. there is though, a RunjInbox.lnk that links to \Windows\RunjInbox.exe. would that be the one? or SendMTMSG.lnk which links to an .exe of the same name in \Windows

Edited by jlccarv

Guest redzone321

touch lock pro works well although I have had trouble with the light sensor function.but for just locking with a simple vol up them vol down its unlocked and tiny memory usage

Guest abdelrahim
s2u2

Yeah....I had alot of troubles with old versions of S2U2 in my XDA Stealth but will try the new version on Omnia...lets sacrifice with 3MB of the memory :P :(

Guest abdelrahim
s2u2 with Samsung lockscreen theme

I have installed s2u2 and then removed it after 1 hour because it took more than 3 minutes to load the setting after soft reset....thought the problem from quick menu which I have installed on the same day but the problem persisted and only solved after removing s2u2....will hold on to the default Samsung LS....

Guest chriswells13
s2u2 with Samsung lockscreen theme

So I've been trying S2U2 and it doesn't seem to doing what it is supposed to. I have the i920 (Verizon) O2 with the stock rom and a decent amount of memory (about 45 mb). When I get an incoming phone call the lock screen is bypassed immediately and I don't want that so when I get the phone out of my pocket I don't accidentally hit ignore. When I go into S2U2 settings under phone and change the setting to slide 2 answer it doesn't work and sometimes it crashes and I have to reset. Am I missing something obvious here?

Guest jpenman
So I've been trying S2U2 and it doesn't seem to doing what it is supposed to. I have the i920 (Verizon) O2 with the stock rom and a decent amount of memory (about 45 mb). When I get an incoming phone call the lock screen is bypassed immediately and I don't want that so when I get the phone out of my pocket I don't accidentally hit ignore. When I go into S2U2 settings under phone and change the setting to slide 2 answer it doesn't work and sometimes it crashes and I have to reset. Am I missing something obvious here?

that has to do with the stock incoming call screen...only way anyone has found to get rid of it is to disable dialer skin but that makes the phone button not work...you can still manually get to it or map a different button to it...thats what I do and s2u2 works fine for in coming calls

Guest abdelrahim
try

TouchLockPro

works great for me ... ( fixed the light sensor bug i had)

Honestly , I have tried at least 5 lock screens in the past week ...I finally returned to the Default Samsung LS...WILL TRY TOUCH LOCK PRO ALSO ...

Guest gosiunia1
try

TouchLockPro

works great for me ... ( fixed the light sensor bug i had)

How do You fixed the Light Sensor Bug? :P Do You recommend this solution 4 me (B7610)?

Guest chriswells13
that has to do with the stock incoming call screen...only way anyone has found to get rid of it is to disable dialer skin but that makes the phone button not work...you can still manually get to it or map a different button to it...thats what I do and s2u2 works fine for in coming calls

Thanks, that worked for me.

Guest msra6la2

doesn't the i-920 come with the Samsung customised lockscreen (instead of the sluggish WM default lockscreen)?

I had the same issues but after messing around with S2U2 settings a little bit I accidentally sorted out all the problems you mentioned (still don't know how :P). So now I am one happy bunny using S2U2 with Samsung lockscreen mod