[12.09.2010] [ROM] I8000 CUSTOM WM6.5(.x) ROM FROM PDAVIET by Sonblack

Guest sonblack

Guest contable
i want that wallpaper! ;)

The original wallpaper can be found in your own wallpaper thread. ;)

If you want the JML wallpaper check the chatroom... It´s still not released.

Cheers buddy,

contable

How can I change the Data WAP settings? I used the accompanying CSC file and the WAP is configured for "IDEAS WAP - e-ideas". It is not configurable in the Connection settings. Any way to change it? I cannot browse.

How can I change the Data WAP settings? I used the accompanying CSC file and the WAP is configured for "IDEAS WAP - e-ideas". It is not configurable in the Connection settings. Any way to change it? I cannot browse.

Ok found the solution. Simply remove PAP authentication for GPRS (for IDEA).

There is something wrong with SB18.

I did the burn and rebooted the phone. After configuring my email and installed spb mobile, I did a reboot and the phone freezes. On multiple reboots I simply cannot use it anymore. I have always been doing the same thing with all the other builds SB12-SB16. The top taskbar does not appear; sometimes spb mobile loads up but without the taskbar. Has anyone tried rebooting their phone after the initial firmware burn and experience something similar?

Guest Eugene Chan
There is something wrong with SB18.

I did the burn and rebooted the phone. After configuring my email and installed spb mobile, I did a reboot and the phone freezes. On multiple reboots I simply cannot use it anymore. I have always been doing the same thing with all the other builds SB12-SB16. The top taskbar does not appear; sometimes spb mobile loads up but without the taskbar. Has anyone tried rebooting their phone after the initial firmware burn and experience something similar?

Yup, after restarting the device as it request for, nothing appears, after the Samsung Logo appears, the screen goes black...do we nid to flash everything in the folder? Ebo, Csc, Bin and Nbo? Btw, i using SB17, now i will try SB15...

Edited: I tried flashing everything, same issue as well for SB17, will now try SB15

Edited by Eugene Chan

Guest Sebaer

I don't noticed these problems (flashed all except eboot).

Just the sms application froze 2 times today, dunno why ;)

Edit: 3 times ;)

Greets Sebaer

Edited by Sebaer

Guest Eugene Chan
I don't noticed these problems (flashed all except eboot).

Just the sms application froze 2 times today, dunno why ;)

Edit: 3 times ;)

Greets Sebaer

Izit? I flashed to SB15 now, o problem at all, juz only SB17 or 18 has that prob... hope ther's a fix on SB19

Edited: Juz ound out the prob, its becz i took out the back cover while flashing and put it back on while setting up, tats y it freezes... does the back cover conflict the device and make it freeze?

Edited by Eugene Chan

Izit? I flashed to SB15 now, o problem at all, juz only SB17 or 18 has that prob... hope ther's a fix on SB19

Edited: Juz ound out the prob, its becz i took out the back cover while flashing and put it back on while setting up, tats y it freezes... does the back cover conflict the device and make it freeze?

I think the problem occurs when I use ActiveSync for corporate email. I used it without it and there was no hang, as soon as I configured my outlook email and restarted, the device stalls. Going back to SB15.

Guest sonblack
Same problem for me too,sending sms freezes the device on SB17 & SB18.

Please try with my single CSC! Nothing happen with me! I don't understand why!

Please descript details the problem for me in order to be easy to solve!

Thank you!

Guest Sebaer

Please descript details the problem for me in order to be easy to solve!

Thank you!

Now I just pressed the SMS Button on the JMLTodaypanel, which should open the jinbox.exe messageinterface & after 10-20 seconds looking at a frozen screen(Black screen & Titlebar displays "Messaging"), it turns black(screen and phone off) for about 30sec till a minute, then it reboots itselft again.

Ps.: I flashed all parts (except the eboot, which I never flash) with your ROM.

That means that I should now flash only the CSC part from your files? ;)

Greets Sebaer

Guest sonblack

With me, I always flash PDA part (cooked or original), PHONE (original) part and EBOOT (original) part at the same time. CSC part can change but it can cause some problems! ;) Please try with every way, I8000 is difficult to die! (This is my opinion). I flash all day for cooking! ;)

Edited by sonblack

Guest Sebaer
With me, I always flash PDA part (cooked or original), PHONE (original) part and EBOOT (original) part at the same time. CSC part can change but it can cause some problems! ;) Please try with every way, I8000 is difficult to die! (This is my opinion). I flash all day for cooking! ;)

Hehe and I always flash the PDA, PHONE & CSC part, never the eboot.

I'm not quite sure if the risk of bricking my phone by flashing the EBOOT will be worth it^^ (No need to take that risk, which i can't estimate, just read the flashing tutorials...)

I prefer going back to JC2, because there i didn't notice these problems and no risk of bricking, sry ;)

Greets Sebaer

eboot dose affect performence and a hard reset is always recommended, thats the cause of some weird problems.

I always do a hard reset after burning. Problem is definitely with activesync connectivity (for the hanging on reboot issue).

Guest ov2rey
You can change the date format in JMLToday.ini file... After that you have to update (softkey 2 menu => update).

anyone able to connect GPS using garmin xt?

i can't connect to gps no network.. under clear sky

Guest Sebaer
i also have problem with sms... now using SB18

I removed JMLToday and switched back to SPB Mobileshell. The system seems to be more stable now. I had problems with S2U2 so i installed Newforce's JC2 Phoneskin, maybe this and the JMLToday were the reason for my unstable system. So I removed the skin cab and deactived the samsung phone skin in the registry. Since yesterday evening (about 16hours past) I had only one crash, which happend while chosing lifestyle and professional screen in the SPB MS. So I don't think, that the Rom is to blame for my crashes with SMS stuff ;)

The other problem which I noticed since I installed the SPB Mobileshell is, that somethimes in some applications, Facebook, eMail settings, Tools->Registryeditor. The icon for the keyboard doesn't show up between the two Windowsbuttons ;) After a softreset the problem is solved. I'm not pretty sure, that SPB caused this problem.

Greets Sebaer