[12.09.2010] [ROM] I8000 CUSTOM WM6.5(.x) ROM FROM PDAVIET by Sonblack

Guest sonblack

Guest contable

I have added a new JMLToday skin/mod extension from stock version: MSN weather map display.

Toggle weather map:

post-502784-1274010196_thumb.png

post-502784-1274010297_thumb.png

rotate screen for landscape view:

post-502784-1274010361_thumb.png

It´s possible to display all from MSN supported types of maps....

Special thanks to JMHL for great support !

Cheers,

contable

Guest kwanjw

Thanks for the wonderful rom. however i have some minor problems

1) SMS: why does the timing get jumble up? for e.g, i send out a sms. the recipient replied. but the received sms will appear before my sent sms. it happens when both received n sent sms are near the same time, e.g 20:18 with a difference of few seconds. i think i read before this error, but i cant remember where i read it. please help

2) the main screen always get distorted. the icons will be all over the place. It occurs for e.g when i quit the sms app or other app n get back to the main screen. I have to refresh titatntium to get it organised.

3) In main screen menu, i have an option which is UpdateNullPNG. Wat does it do?

4) how to change wallpaper? i renamed my image to Bkg.png and copy it to \Program Files\JMLToday\skins\default folder. Did soft reset but still remain the same. did i miss out any steps.

i apologized if my questions sound noob. you can direct me to link. i will read up myself. thanks!

Edited by kwanjw

Guest contable
Thanks for the wonderful rom. however i have some minor problems

1) SMS: why does the timing get jumble up? for e.g, i send out a sms. the recipient replied. but the received sms will appear before my sent sms. it happens when both received n sent sms are near the same time, e.g 20:18 with a difference of few seconds. i think i read before this error, but i cant remember where i read it. please help

2) the main screen always get distorted. the icons will be all over the place. It occurs for e.g when i quit the sms app or other app n get back to the main screen. I have to refresh titatntium to get it organised.

3) In main screen menu, i have an option which is UpdateNullPNG. Wat does it do?

4) how to change wallpaper? i renamed my image to Bkg.png and copy it to \Program Files\JMLToday\skins\default folder. Did soft reset but still remain the same. did i miss out any steps.

i apologized if my questions sound noob. you can direct me to link. i will read up myself. thanks!

Are you using SB 24 ?

2) In SB24 the distortion problem should be solved. Wait on next releases, I did more improvements.

3) Ignore it. Sonblack can delete this option. It´s from previous releases.

4) In SB 24 the Wallpapers are located in \JML folder: Bkg.png for portrait Bkg_1.png for landscape.

After changing wallpapers do a softreset.

contable

Guest kwanjw
Are you using SB 24 ?

2) In SB24 the distortion problem should be solved. Wait on next releases, I did more improvements.

3) Ignore it. Sonblack can delete this option. It´s from previous releases.

4) In SB 24 the Wallpapers are located in \JML folder: Bkg.png for portrait Bkg_1.png for landscape.

After changing wallpapers do a softreset.

contable

thanks for the reply, contable.

yes, i'm using SB24. but i still have some problems regarding the main menu interface. hope you can spare some time to help me

1) Alarm Clock icon on Main Menu. Why does it bring me to the default WM clock but sometimes to Samsung clock interface? i prefer Samsung's

2) Windows taskbar at the bottom. Clicking Contacts button bring me to default WM phonebook instead of Samsung's

3) Sometimes when SMS is received, the default WM sms notification will be displayed on the main menu. showing a pop up preview of the sms. how to disable that?

Eagerly waiting for the next release!

Guest omar junior
go go omar :) will be nice to see your GTX theme altough it's not in a 6.5 rom..

cheers

thanks friend, I'm working on it.

Guest Jazz8
Testing SB25... I hope Sonblack will release tomorrow...

Sweeeet! Been highly anticipating this one ...hope it'll be ready :)

Hello,

I have the SB23 and I have two questions:

- How do I remove the startup and shutdown sounds?

- I'm using the Home (I uninstalled the JMLToday) and I'd like to launch the samsung Clock when I click on Clock in Home, because the other default alarm doesn't seem to work when the phone is switched off. How do I do that ?

Thanks,

Tom

Guest jmsmartins

thanks sonblack!

downloading and will test a couple of hours to see if i can move or not to 6.5.x :)

one Q: why 20Mb of page pool? is it faster/more stable than with 15? we could use 5Mb more ram xD

cheers

Edited by jmsmartins

Guest sonblack
thanks sonblack!

downloading and will test a couple of hours to see if i can move or not to 6.5.x :)

one Q: why 20Mb of page pool? is it faster/more stable than with 15? we could use 5Mb more ram xD

cheers

Please check Free RAM and About after flashing! Pagepool is kept from original ROM. All have its reason!

Edited by sonblack

Guest sonblack
Hi sonblack, why did you go with 28236 instead of staying with 23569?

23569 was released! I always cook with new build which I had and never cook 2 ROMs with the same build! Please understand this!

Edited by sonblack

Guest fubo
23569 was released! I always cook with new build which I had and never cook 2 ROMs with the same build! Please understand this!

So you mean there is no issue or performance reason using 28236, right?

Guest jmsmartins
Please check Free RAM and About after flashing! Pagepool is kept from original ROM. All have its reason!

in your screenshots you have ~153 ram, i have 148 in my O2, is it because i didn't flash with your CSC? or eboot?

cheers

Edited by jmsmartins

Guest speedfrog

@sonblack

can you list the samsung programs you have not removed?

do i have to flash with the CSC file that is in your rar file?

Edited by speedfrog

Guest jmsmartins

hi again Sonblack

seems like the sms panel isn't working, it doesn't show my sms.. and when typing sms it's the WM standart sms and not samsung's one. also, appointments doesn't show up on home screen.. am i doing something rong? i flashed with your CSC but didn't flash eboot or phone.

thank u

Edited by jmsmartins

Guest contable
hi again Sonblack

seems like the sms panel isn't working, it doesn't show my sms.. and when typing sms it's the WM standart sms and not samsung's one. also, appointments doesn't show up on home screen.. am i doing something rong? i flashed with your CSC but didn't flash eboot or phone.

thank u

Flashing all parts has to do something with changing the performance or regional settings of you phone not with running programs.

If you want flash only PDA part. If there are ram improvements flash eboot too. No need to flash csc every time. I´m running SB25 since 2 days with csc from SB19...

So far I didn´t find any bug...

Guest jmsmartins
hi again Sonblack

thank u

EDIT: re-flashed, this time with phone and eboot and everything seems to work. also, because of WM default sms "skin", replying/composing sms is faster eheh

Guest contable

I also suggest to accept sonblack´s opinion about pagepool setting. If he decides to set 20mb pagepool it´s because he has the best performance with this setting...