[12.09.2010] [ROM] I8000 CUSTOM WM6.5(.x) ROM FROM PDAVIET by Sonblack

Guest sonblack

Guest jmsmartins
Everything ok here. What about you, Dr. J ?

I like SB30 very much but I´m missing a little bit the 6.5.x design. Only a little bit... :)

everything nice here. i'm on vacation this week but i stayed home resting ;)

sometimes i miss that look too, but then i miss the things that 6.5 has better.

maybe u can cook both 6.5 and 6.5.x with your next skin version

cheers

Guest contable
everything nice here. i'm on vacation this week but i stayed home resting :)

sometimes i miss that look too, but then i miss the things that 6.5 has better.

maybe u can cook both 6.5 and 6.5.x with your next skin version

cheers

I still did not start to cook because I don´t have time atm.

Maybe I will flash again the not released SB29 23569.5.5.0 rom Sonblack cooked for my personal use.

I would like to test how is the memory leakage if I disable the windows startmenu....

Guest jmsmartins
I still did not start to cook because I don´t have time atm.

Maybe I will flash again the not released SB29 23569.5.5.0 rom Sonblack cooked for my personal use.

I would like to test how is the memory leakage if I disable the windows startmenu....

does the memory trick work with 6.5.x as well?

btw: low RAM was not an issue with SB series' Rom's

cheers

Guest contable
does the memory trick work with 6.5.x as well?

btw: low RAM was not an issue with SB series' Rom's

cheers

You´re right that SB Rom Series never had a low ram issue but we´re always searching for improvements and when you remember every new rom was improved compared with the previous one....

I will reply when I have tested the not released SB29 rom.

Guest contable

@all:

I have flashed again the not released SB29 rom (build 23569.5.5.0) which Sonblack has cooked for my personal use and I decided to stay with this fantastic peace of art !!!

I did the following mods:

1. added JMLToday contable skin V3.0

2. removed MS Startmenu with the earlier on page 105 posted cab

3. added AMEBA service (cabs are attached !) for replacing the startmenu button with cooked in mainmenu.exe

4. added S2U2 2.43

5. added Showcase taskmanager / disabled cooked in MMS TaskManager

6. added Phone Ex dialer

After softreset I get 87 MB free ram (5 MB less than with SB30), the rom is stable with more than 70 MB.

=> The released SB29 has 64 MB free ram after softreset.

In my opinion touch response and speed is better than with SB30. I never had such a good result with a 6.5.x rom.

Some screenshots are attached.

Cheers

contable

Edit: The flashed SB29 rom has pagepool set to 16MB, SB30 uses 8MB pagepool. So I still have to do a test with 8MB pagepool.

post-502784-1286624437_thumb.pngpost-502784-1286624484_thumb.png

post-502784-1286624575_thumb.pngpost-502784-1286624607_thumb.png

AMeBa_v0.8rc.cab

AMeBaLauncher.cab

scarecrow420_AMeBaSettings_v0.3.CAB

Edited by contable

Guest jmsmartins
@all:

I have flashed again the not released SB29 rom (build 23569.5.5.0) which Sonblack has cooked for my personal use and I decided to stay with this fantastic peace of art !!!

looks very nice contable :)

does it mean u stop developing your skin? maybe a "final" version when new JMLtoday is available ;)

Guest contable
looks very nice contable :)

does it mean u stop developing your skin? maybe a "final" version when new JMLtoday is available ;)

The development of the skin is one thing, rom testing is another one.

The new skin will be available after release of JMLToday 5.90.

Guest jmsmartins
The development of the skin is one thing, rom testing is another one.

The new skin will be available after release of JMLToday 5.90.

glad do hear that :)

have a nice weekend buddy

Guest contable

@Dr. J:

How about transparent task- and softkeybar for next version ? => fullscreen wallpaper

post-502784-1286636207_thumb.pngpost-502784-1286636237_thumb.png

post-502784-1286637009_thumb.pngpost-502784-1286637044_thumb.png

Edit:

Have a nice weekend, too.

Edited by contable

Guest jmsmartins
@Dr. J:

How about transparent task- and softkeybar for next version ? => fullscreen wallpaper

well in my device i think they're already transparent and i did't do anything.. i used to prefer non-transparent but it's looking very nice in your pics.

i think either way is great.. u can allways make an option to change softkeybar in your skin (if it's possible/not much time consumming).

cheers

@all:

I did the following mods:

1. added JMLToday contable skin V3.0

2. removed MS Startmenu with the earlier on page 105 posted cab

3. added AMEBA service (cabs are attached !) for replacing the startmenu button with cooked in mainmenu.exe

4. added S2U2 2.43

5. added Showcase taskmanager / disabled cooked in MMS TaskManager

6. added Phone Ex dialer

After softreset I get 87 MB free ram (5 MB less than with SB30), the rom is stable with more than 70 MB.

=> The released SB29 has 64 MB free ram after softreset.

In my opinion touch response and speed is better than with SB30. I never had such a good result with a 6.5.x rom.

Some screenshots are attached.

Cheers

contable

Edit: The flashed SB29 rom has pagepool set to 16MB, SB30 uses 8MB pagepool. So I still have to do a test with 8MB pagepool.

Sir contable'

Can I raise a question if you don’t mind. A newbie here’

I am using sb29 ROM (BUILD 23668.5.3.7) and it is very great & much appreciated,

My question is ‘how can I make through (not released SB29 rom (build 23569.5.5.0)’? what must my based ROM to do the not released SB29 rom?

And is the touch player in BUILD 23668.5.3.7 and build 23569.5.5.0 are the same?, coz the touch player in BUILD 23668.5.3.7 is very flexible than SB30.

Sorry for my bad English. Hope you understand. Godbless’

Guest contable
Sir contable'

Can I raise a question if you don’t mind. A newbie here’

I am using sb29 ROM (BUILD 23668.5.3.7) and it is very great & much appreciated,

My question is ‘how can I make through (not released SB29 rom (build 23569.5.5.0)’? what must my based ROM to do the not released SB29 rom?

And is the touch player in BUILD 23668.5.3.7 and build 23569.5.5.0 are the same?, coz the touch player in BUILD 23668.5.3.7 is very flexible than SB30.

Sorry for my bad English. Hope you understand. Godbless’

As mentioned before SB29 rom with build 23569.5.5.0 is a rom which Sonblack cooked for my personal use.

Microsoft Com5 branch development is stopped but in my opinion build 23569 is still the most stable and fast 6.5.x build.

The Touch Player is the same because it comes from Samsung JE3 build.

I suggest that you send a request to Sonblack if you wanna have this not released rom.

If Sonblack agrees I don´t have any problem to share this rom.

Cheers

contable

Guest jmsmartins
PDAVIET WM6.5 ROM - I8000 (SB30) UPDATE

CE OS 5.2.21914 BUILD 21914.5.0.93

Can someone tell me how do i set 4row start menu in this. ?

google: "start menu grid 4"

and next time google before asking :)

cheers

As mentioned before SB29 rom with build 23569.5.5.0 is a rom which Sonblack cooked for my personal use.

Microsoft Com5 branch development is stopped but in my opinion build 23569 is still the most stable and fast 6.5.x build.

The Touch Player is the same because it comes from Samsung JE3 build.

I suggest that you send a request to Sonblack if you wanna have this not released rom.

If Sonblack agrees I don´t have any problem to share this rom.

Cheers

contable

Sir contable: I’ve tried to send a request to Sir. Sonblack last night, and still waiting for his confirmation?

But I think his to busy now a days. Is that alright?

Guest contable
Sir contable: I’ve tried to send a request to Sir. Sonblack last night, and still waiting for his confirmation?

But I think his to busy now a days. Is that alright?

You have to wait til he confirms because it´s his thread. I´m sorry.

Guest jmsmartins

i used sb30 again for 1 day and i noticed a but i have noticed already. sometimes messages we sent don't go to sent folder, they go drafts folder. and sometimes the recipiente doesn't recieve them.

never have had this issue with other sb roms.

now i'm back to the best i8000 rom imho (sb29)

Guest contable
i used sb30 again for 1 day and i noticed a but i have noticed already. sometimes messages we sent don't go to sent folder, they go drafts folder. and sometimes the recipiente doesn't recieve them.

never have had this issue with other sb roms.

now i'm back to the best i8000 rom imho (sb29)

I cannot confirm this but next JMLToday version is getting closer.

JMHL has released a new screenshot of upcoming stock version V5.90 => check my thread.

Guest jmsmartins
I cannot confirm this but next JMLToday version is getting closer.

JMHL has released a new screenshot of upcoming stock version V5.90 => check my thread.

yes i had already seen it :)

for now i'm with SB29 and very happy, i think i can wait til early november for ur next rom ahah

have u haver noticed any lag due to s2u2? my phone was getting laggy too many times and since i disabled s2u2 it dosent lag anymore :)

Guest contable
yes i had already seen it :)

for now i'm with SB29 and very happy, i think i can wait til early november for ur next rom ahah

have u haver noticed any lag due to s2u2? my phone was getting laggy too many times and since i disabled s2u2 it dosent lag anymore :)

I don´t have any problems with S2U2 running SB30.

Guest jmsmartins
I don´t have any problems with S2U2 running SB30.

maybe it's just coincidence, but since i disabled s2u2 i had no more lag/crashes.. it happened also with other roms. this had never happened to me b4 while using s2u2 and i'm not using different settings.. let's see

You have to wait til he confirms because it´s his thread. I´m sorry.

Sir. Contable it’s me again the one who is waiting for the confirmation of SB29 rom (build 23569.5.5.0) by Sir. Sonblack,

And may I ask something, Sir Do you think Sir sonblack can give me a permission? How can I contact Him aside from sending Him a PM here in modaco site? Or maybe can you ask Him Sir because I know you’re the only one who is close to him, if I’m not mistaken and if it is just alright with you Sir.

Sorry if I disturbed you again.

Thank you and God bless.