Omnia2 - digitizer loosened

Guest phnikola

Hi all,

I have O2 for some 5 months and it has been tremendous.

But during last month - digitizer panel loosened a little bit in the top-right and bottom-left corner of the screen - meaning, when I press it firmly - it moves little bit down and up.

My brother also has the phone, and his O2 screen is top notch.

Has anyone experienced something similar?

If yes - I would be more than grateful to know how can it be fastened tight again.

Thanks!

Edited by phnikola

Guest kawgirlval69
Hi all,

I have O2 for some 5 months and it has been tremendous.

But during last month - digitizer panel loosened a little bit in the top-right and bottom-left corner of the screen - meaning, when I press it firmly - it moves little bit down and up.

My brother also has the phone, and his O2 screen is top notch.

Has anyone experienced something similar?

If yes - I would be more than grateful to know how can it be fastened tight again.

Thanks!

not really a "tightening" id warranty it....sounds like some adhesive may be comming loose..

Guest phnikola
not really a "tightening" id warranty it....sounds like some adhesive may be comming loose..

Thanks, I studied thoroughly Samsung I8000 Service Manual (found on this forum) and found no adhesive to be used when dismantling/assembling digitizer.

From what I saw on pics was that digitizer simply sits in frame when pressed down during assemby, and thats it.

From pics I could not see if there was some space for it to wobble, but again I wasnt sure if I (or service manual) was missing something.

Well if nothing else - RMA is inevitable