Volume buttons do not show volume screen

Guest dande

Please does anyone know how to fix it?

Volume buttons do not show volume screen any more.

Probably I did something but I have no idea what.

Thank you in advance.

Guest Ender Psp
Please does anyone know how to fix it?

Volume buttons do not show volume screen any more.

Probably I did something but I have no idea what.

Thank you in advance.

Do you experience this immediately after soft reset? Did you install something before you start experiencing this?

Guest dande
Do you experience this immediately after soft reset? Did you install something before you start experiencing this?

I don't remember what is the cause as I was building the whole environment after flashing new rom.

It was working but at some point, it stopped. I checked rom is fine by doing a hard reset.

Everything works but if I restore it doesn't any more.

I try from my side to identify the cause (what I did) but if this is a registry change and somebody knows would save me a lot of time.

Thank you

Edited by dande

Guest idawn

I was experiencing the same problem after installing Yota Phone.. Probably some kind of program running at the background would have made it not to work for u too.. When I hit the voume it keeps loading the taskbar large buttons.. Hope someone could help us out.. :P

Guest chriswells13
I was experiencing the same problem after installing Yota Phone.. Probably some kind of program running at the background would have made it not to work for u too.. When I hit the voume it keeps loading the taskbar large buttons.. Hope someone could help us out.. :P

I have the exact same issue after loading P.h.o.n.e.x. However, it doesn't happen all the time, just some of the time.

Guest velis74

I have the same problem. Untouched firmware. I know the volume buttons originally worked, but at some point later they just stopped working.

They are detected by the os (dimmed screen goes back to full), but volume remains unchanged and the volume app does not open.

Also no Idea what caused this. I have installed two or three apps by the time I detected the buttons no longer work and normal apps at that (media player, GPSTest, OrientationSetting...) - no reg tweaks, drivers, shells and such.

Oh well, it's time for a hard reset anyway. Seems I've played too much and now some apps started behaving strangely too.

Guest dande

I managed to bring back my volume buttons.

But I don't know how I did it.

I guess every case might be different as many of you have installed third party apps but I am going to backup my current settings and HR and then restore my previous backup that I have had problem in order to identify what was the solution I made.

It's something really easy though. So wait...

Thanks

Edited by dande

Guest dande

After simulating the situation I found what I did to fix it.

Go into touch player start playing a video in landscape and while is playing try to touch the screen to have available all sound controls.

There is an optical control for the volume where you can use to increase/decrease the sound. Just use the hardware buttons of the device to control the sound and the optical control on the screen should move too.

Then turn close touch player and now hardware buttons will display the samsung's volume screen as normal.

I hope that helps.

Please confirm if that works for you too.

Edited by dande

Guest velis74

I'm not sure if by Touch Player you are referring to Samsung's "Media Player" application. I tried that and it did not work for me.

I have no app installed that would say "Touch Player" on the start menu.

Guest dande
I'm not sure if by Touch Player you are referring to Samsung's "Media Player" application. I tried that and it did not work for me.

I have no app installed that would say "Touch Player" on the start menu.

No I mean the default video/audio player of Samsung for Omnia II which is called "Touch Player".

Guest allyrocky
I have the exact same issue after loading P.h.o.n.e.x. However, it doesn't happen all the time, just some of the time.

This happens every time to me , after dialing a number . i also use P.h.o.n.e.x.