hero forum is so quite

Guest dr_ysp

Guest kieranc
i totally agree

you r on the spot mate, that is why i call htc crappy. we hero owners made htc so succeful & now htc has turned its back to us.

apple doesnt do that to its older models. so though its pure business, they r not winning loyal customers..........

but who cares...........!!!

Yeah, amazing how the hero is so good as htc's first product... almost like they've been making phones for years and have a rough idea what they're doing?

Can you see apple releasing an update for the old iphone which enables new features etc? No, they'll sell you a new one.

You know what's annoying about the update? All the blinkered idiots whining about it not being released yet...

Guest jbr7rr

i dont really care about the 2.1 hero update

couze i dont like sense anymore

been on aHero for some time now, i really love it. the simplicity and pureness of it.

also the live wallpapers are lovely :P

only thing about the 2.1 thing is that we will finally get a decent hero kernel. and ii hope HTC wil release the kernel sources soon!

well to all ppl waiting for htc update, just do a nandroid backup, and try some 2.1 roms, including the vannilla ones.

i guess if your like me you will love 2.1 vannilla roms like aHero, androbin, vannillian,

Edited by jbr7rr

Guest masterpfa
Hero is becaming the G1 :P . and there are so many models coming soon ... :(

Talking of G1's, I have been scanning ebay for a G1, really wish I had joined the Android family when it was introduced, I must admit at the time I wasn't convinced with Android or the G1.(Just to think I could have had one for free on an upgrade!)

Talking of upgrades, mine is due Nov 2010, I wonder what phones/OS will be available then Android 2.2/2.5, Snapdragon 1.5Mhz????

To tell the truth it's not just having 2.1 that I have been looking for, but new ROMS to flash :(

Guest masterpfa
well to all ppl waiting for htc update, just do a nandroid backup, and try some 2.1 roms, including the vannilla ones.

i guess if your like me you will love 2.1 vannilla roms like aHero, androbin, vannillian,

Have you had any problems with any of these Vanilla ROMS, i.e. battery, FC etc, I have been using CyanogenMOD for Hero for a few months now as I too prefer a Vanilla based ROM, I love it just a few force closures (to be expected). Are any of the ROMS based on Eris/Legend Ports or are they prior to these?

Guest jbr7rr
Have you had any problems with any of these Vanilla ROMS, i.e. battery, FC etc, I have been using CyanogenMOD for Hero for a few months now as I too prefer a Vanilla based ROM, I love it just a few force closures (to be expected). Are any of the ROMS based on Eris/Legend Ports or are they prior to these?

i have tried ahero and androbin havent tried the net vannallian couze many ppl were facing problems,

aHere 0.6.1 was stable but had some fc and no live wallpaper fully working (they did close after sleep)

so i moved to androbin.with was a bit more stable but not that difference. live wallpapers had the same problem

I am now on a hero 0.7 and that is a really stable built havent faced real problems, anything is running fine even live wallpapers are running without any problem, had only once they did close, and also had a problem with incoming calls, but after a reboot no problem anymore and could be the network too, i will keep an eye on this issue though

about the base of the roms, as far as i know vannallianNEW has much legend code in it.

and aHero 0.7 also have some legend code

ill say just try some roms.

you should really try aHero 7.0 :P

Edited by jbr7rr

Guest Ibanez33
Yeah, amazing how the hero is so good as htc's first product... almost like they've been making phones for years and have a rough idea what they're doing?

Can you see apple releasing an update for the old iphone which enables new features etc? No, they'll sell you a new one.

You know what's annoying about the update? All the blinkered idiots whining about it not being released yet...

Thats pretty much what apple are doing and it working for them. I mean come on they aren't even updating the form of the phone except for the writing on it and it still has people camping out to get it.

The latest villan cdma port for gsm I can recommend, only been using it a few days but its pretty quick and not a single force close yet! even have live wallpaper working. Gives me high hopes and expectation for MCR4.

Still am yet to find a 2.1 rom that doesn't have the usuall quirk of pulling all the numbers from my Facebook contacts and adding them to my phone contacts, unless its an option I'm not spotting.. all I want it to do it pull pics and bdays for my existing contacts not add 300 people I don't wanna call. I guess plan b is cull my friends list :P...

Guest masterpfa
I am now on a hero 0.7 and that is a really stable built havent faced real problems, anything is running fine even live wallpapers are running without any problem, had only once they did close. about the base of the roms, as far as i know vannallianNEW has much legend code in it. and aHero 0.7 also have some legend code

ill say just try some roms. you should really try aHero 7.0 :P

Thanks I may well give aHero 7.0 a try, (idle hands haven't flashed a ROM for AGES!!!!!!) :(

Edited by masterpfa