>>>>TOUCH XPERIENCE ON O2!!!!!!<<<<

Guest Dhirenbhima

TouchXperience User Interface Alpha 1

Requirements: Pocket PC with WM 6.0, 6.1, .NET Compact Framework 3.5

Overview: TouchXperience is the Next Generation User Interface for Windows Mobile, finger friendly and highly customizable, it offers many interesting features: program launcher, contacts manager, home screen, appointments, messaging, task manager, profile and event manager, call log, control panel, communication manager,...

100002827471258.gif

In this first version TouchXperience is not fully integrated into the system (it will not replace system menus, taskbar and hardware buttons), so you have to launch TouchXperience panels from Start menu (you can also do it from any other place by creating shortcuts). In Start menu there is a TouchXperience folder containing links to all available panels.

There are currently two types of panel : widget panels and menu panels. Each panel has its own contextual menu (top-right button for menu panels or a long press on background for widget panels), menu items and widgets also have their own contextual menu (accessible after a long press on them).

There are several ways to switch between panels:

Using panel shortcuts

Pressing Back (hardware) button on a panel will display a list of all available panels

Using left/right gestures to switch between quick panels (list of quick panels is not modifiable in this version - or by changing registry value)

By rotating screen it will show an overview of all your quick panels (accelerometer is supported on HTC devices only at the moment)

Widgets can be added and placed anywhere on panels, as well on custom menus where you can add different kind of menu items (programs, web links, panel links, contacts, folders, headers, separators, and hundreds of others...). In the current version it is not possible to rearrange menu items order.

LINKS BELOW

MOD EDIT: DEVELOPER DOESNT WANT TO PROVIDE WAREZ LINKS FOR HIS ALPHA STAGE PRODUCT.

i will give this a try tonight!

I don't think the developer wants these early versions circulating. Maybe you should remove the links.

Guest redzone321
I don't think the developer wants these early versions circulating. Maybe you should remove the links.

ah . well then ill try it when its officialy released

Guest babyjosef17

Not working.

Now I can't even remove the thing. Don't know if it takes forever to uninstall, or it just freezes. All I know is while I was uninstalling and a call came in which I cannot answers as the touch screen does not respond. and my ringtone never ended. I manage to switch off the phone but to my SURPRISE, my ringtone is still playing!!! LOL had to remove the battery.

This sucks, should have not posted it yet. Well my fault too, should have not installed it. Followed your instructions but I'm sure it is lacking.

No time to play around with it yet. Later I see, if it is still possible to make it work, or possible to remove, right now it just wasted 7MB of precious local memory space

Guest darkworldzz

i thought the alpha or beta ver was supoosed to be only for donors??

thks for trying to share, but i tink the author is gna come here and flame for this...

have fun anyways..

for people who wanna uninstall this pls use this..

credits to liable at ppcwarez

MOD EDIT: DEVELOPER DOESNT WANT TO PROVIDE WAREZ LINKS FOR HIS ALPHA STAGE PRODUCT.

i hvnt tried it myself cos i nvr installed the app but i saw ppl having problems uninstalling it..

Edited by sector

Guest babyjosef17

Yeah. So just to clear my name. I Hard reset already and cleared it from my phone. Deleted the installer. I'm off the Hook now! :P

Topic starter, I think it will be best your links removed.

Links from first post contain broken RAR (errors while unpacking).

here is the correct link:

Guest ANGEL_666

Hm... I have feeling, that we have not enough video mem, because after playing with this prog some couple of time, textures are like white squares..

Guest darkworldzz

hmm.. i have decided to stop using this for awhile.. its so hard to change screens.. will try it again when the rotate function is integrated... i have tried mapping rotate button but it seems the ui overwrites every other button u have on the fone. the back button and the hexagonal button all does the same thing.. some refresh function it seems... but it doesnt eat much ram with all the animated BG and stuff..

Samsung widgets plus FTW!!!

Edited by darkworldzz

Guest kaizer hanz

I think the big problem is 3D OpenGL driver is not work very well, so the program is not working smooth like work in HTC device (like HTC Sense) ;) (just my opinion) ;)

Guest ANGEL_666
So, if the program only run with Opengl 2.0. put the opengl 2.0on the package!

???? OMNIA II Have native support of OpenGL2! And this application is FIRST application on GL2, from side developer. For alpha release - it works perfect and fast. Yes, there is some bugs in use, but it's test release. By this thread, we may try to feedback developing for OmniaII, Because in they forum, no one discuss the O2 and it's possibilities.

Guest dwallersv

First, the theft in this thread really pisses me off. The key mentioned in the first post is obtained by donating to Juliens effort, and is individualized. It is most certainly not meant to share.

If you want to participate in the testing and get early access, go to touchxperience.com, make a donation, and get your personal key. That's honest, and just as important it will support the development of this incredible shell.

I donated $25, got my key, and have been playing with it. IT IS AWESOME. Goodby SPB MS3.5, 4, 5, whatever. Julien has accomplished a tour-de-force in skinning Windows Mobile, in a manner that kicks the crap out of Microsoft's native UI and IMO every other attempt to overlay a good touch UI over WM.

The bad is that this is an alpha, and well, it truly is! There are all sorts of bugs, so it's not ready for regular use as a full-time UI... really just a toy to play with at the moment. The potential is enormous, though, and the thought that's gone into how various components of the phone are presented to the user is extraordinary.

Easy and fun to use. Clever -- something I can't say about manila, mobile shell, touchwiz, or any of the others out there. When this gets to the release stage, I will definitely be switching over.

If you want this to work well on the O2, please donate. Julien needs the bucks to buy devices for development and test, and he does not have an O2 right now.

Guest lucienium
First, the theft in this thread really pisses me off. The key mentioned in the first post is obtained by donating to Juliens effort, and is individualized. It is most certainly not meant to share.

If you want to participate in the testing and get early access, go to touchxperience.com, make a donation, and get your personal key. That's honest, and just as important it will support the development of this incredible shell.

I donated $25, got my key, and have been playing with it. IT IS AWESOME. Goodby SPB MS3.5, 4, 5, whatever. Julien has accomplished a tour-de-force in skinning Windows Mobile, in a manner that kicks the crap out of Microsoft's native UI and IMO every other attempt to overlay a good touch UI over WM.

The bad is that this is an alpha, and well, it truly is! There are all sorts of bugs, so it's not ready for regular use as a full-time UI... really just a toy to play with at the moment. The potential is enormous, though, and the thought that's gone into how various components of the phone are presented to the user is extraordinary.

Easy and fun to use. Clever -- something I can't say about manila, mobile shell, touchwiz, or any of the others out there. When this gets to the release stage, I will definitely be switching over.

If you want this to work well on the O2, please donate. Julien needs the bucks to buy devices for development and test, and he does not have an O2 right now.

I would agree with this guy. If the developer has not made his software public YET, it would be best to not post copies of it on this forum. I may not be as experienced when it comes to ROMs but I am experienced enough to know that this practice should not be welcomed here. Let us respect the developer's intended means of distribution for his alpha/beta releases or just wait for a proper final version he is willing to share with the general public.

Guest speedfrog
How can i get it work on i900 omnia?

thats the way to get it

Guest darkworldzz

This guy most probably got it at ppcwares.. so go there and get angry at them.. see how they respond to your attitude towards donateware..