[ROM]Ninja4hire *NinjaToday* (DG21) v6.5m (21914)

Guest Ninja4Hire

Guest Shemmy

Not to be a pain in the arse, but what's the status of your next release? I've tried some other ROMs, and I just like yours better :huh: Also, I think you should add Office 2010 in, if possible (if not, Office 2007, or whatever came with 6.5). I only bring it up since I can't seem to find a good CAB for it, and the beta is now expired.

If someone can point me to a CAB dumped from a 6.5.X ROM, I'd be happy.

Guest kdkinc
Not to be a pain in the arse, but what's the status of your next release? I've tried some other ROMs, and I just like yours better :huh: Also, I think you should add Office 2010 in, if possible (if not, Office 2007, or whatever came with 6.5). I only bring it up since I can't seem to find a good CAB for it, and the beta is now expired.

If someone can point me to a CAB dumped from a 6.5.X ROM, I'd be happy.

Hey Shemmy.

I had this office cab I d/l ed while search for a 2010 office cab. I had installed it on a rom that already had 2010 . I had two office icon both worked the same .

Would you be willing to try it an tell me if its 2010 or 2007 ??

:P :blink:

Office.23518_0409.CAB

Edited by kdkinc

Guest Ninja4Hire
Hey Shemmy.

I had this office cab I d/l ed while search for a 2010 office cab. I had installed it on a rom that already had 2010 . I had two office icon both worked the same .

Office.23518_0409.CAB

I'm building both roms right now. I am just trying to get it as complete as possible before I put it out there.

If this one doesn't work good for you, I will make a version with office for you :huh:

Edited by Ninja4Hire

Guest Shemmy
Hey Shemmy.

:huh: :P

Office.23518_0409.CAB

That's Office 2010, but only OneNote works. I'm using the Office 2007 cab that was posted earlier.

Guest Shemmy
I'm building both roms right now. I am just trying to get it as complete as possible before I put it out there.

If this one doesn't work good for you, I will make a version with office for you :huh:

I'm really looking forward to it (especially the today version)! You know if you need any help, I'm free - I may not be that skilled at cooking, but I can be handy :P

Guest Ninja4Hire
I'm really looking forward to it (especially the today version)! You know if you need any help, I'm free - I may not be that skilled at cooking, but I can be handy :huh:

Forgot to reset Main Menu to default. reuploading in a sec

Edited by Ninja4Hire

Guest Ninja4Hire
Forgot to reset Main Menu to default. reuploading in a sec

Sorry for the long delay. I deleted important information and had to recover it. Ok Rom is updated!! Yay me :huh:

Guest slimyspartagus
Sorry for the long delay. I deleted important information and had to recover it. Ok Rom is updated!! Yay me :huh:

Awesome!

The google search is still not working for me. it says it cannot open the shortcut or locate the target filname. I installed opera 10 to my storage.

Guest Shemmy
Awesome!

The google search is still not working for me. it says it cannot open the shortcut or locate the target filname. I installed opera 10 to my storage.

I have the same error - all you need to do is download the Opera 10 Browser Shortcut file from the 1st page of this thread, unzip it, and copy to \Windows on your device.

Guest Ninja4Hire
I have the same error - all you need to do is download the Opera 10 Browser Shortcut file from the 1st page of this thread, unzip it, and copy to \Windows on your device.

Yeah.... I forgot to put that back in there lol.

FIXED for future downloaders :huh:

Edited by Ninja4Hire

Guest Bryan W.

Hey,

I just downloaded this rom to try this ui, and I had a question.

For each section there is a title bar, like Time, Notification, Photo Contacts, etc. Well some of these title bars are are needed, like a title bar to tell the messages from emails or tasks. But others are not, like notifications, Time, photo contacts. These sections are self explanitory when you look at them.

Is there a way to hide those title bars for the sake of screen space?

And by the way, I really appreciate you guys who work on these ROMs. Thanks.

EDIT How can I reactivate titanium? I can't find the setting on on anymore?

EEDIT 2 - If bluetooth is on and you tap the top to see the enlarged buttons, the bluetooth box is black. The rest of the buttons are fine. A black and white bluetooth image appear for a moment when you tap the button to enter the bluetooth screen.

Edited by Bryan W.

Guest Ninja4Hire
Hey,

I just downloaded this rom to try this ui, and I had a question.

For each section there is a title bar, like Time, Notification, Photo Contacts, etc. Well some of these title bars are are needed, like a title bar to tell the messages from emails or tasks. But others are not, like notifications, Time, photo contacts. These sections are self explanitory when you look at them.

Is there a way to hide those title bars for the sake of screen space?

And by the way, I really appreciate you guys who work on these ROMs. Thanks.

EDIT How can I reactivate titanium? I can't find the setting on on anymore?

EEDIT 2 - If bluetooth is on and you tap the top to see the enlarged buttons, the bluetooth box is black. The rest of the buttons are fine. A black and white bluetooth image appear for a moment when you tap the button to enter the bluetooth screen.

There is no way to remove the titles from the sections. I wish there was

To get titanium instead of the Samsung today: click the start button, then goto settings > display settings > Items on today

I didn't notice that with the blue tooth, but I will check it out tomorrow and fix if needed. I left my kitchen at work, and I currently am not using this version of my rom.

Guest Bryan W.
There is no way to remove the titles from the sections. I wish there was

To get titanium instead of the Samsung today: click the start button, then goto settings > display settings > Items on today

I didn't notice that with the blue tooth, but I will check it out tomorrow and fix if needed. I left my kitchen at work, and I currently am not using this version of my rom.

Ahh, titanium doesnt work! :huh: Picture attached.

Guess I am stuck with Samsung or reflash until its repaired.

Oh and I wonder, what version do you use, like?

post-670297-1272504946_thumb.jpg

Guest Ninja4Hire
Ahh, titanium doesnt work! :huh: Picture attached.

What the...... That is crazy. I will have to check that out tomorrow for sure! There is no reason it should be doing that...crazy indeed.

Can someone else who has downloaded this rom see if they have the same issue?

I am using my other rom right now. The titanium on this one works fine for me.

Guest Bryan W.

You know after closer inspection, even the today screen on my phone and your screen shots has these horizontal lines going across the screen from top to bottom in the backround. I wonder if it is connected with the graphical error in titanium? Is the backround supposed to have those lines or be a smooth gradient from blue on top to black towards the bottom? Or mabe I'm just overanalyzing it.

In any case, I can confirm that the tasks list in the Samsung Today is not displaying the tasks. If you hit the Task sections it will open the tasks program and display all my tasks, they just don't show up on the today screen.

On the notification plugin: If you hit missed calls icon, you get missed calls screen, and if you hit email icon you get email, but if you hit texts icon, nothing happens. Is that normal? Becuase I expected it to open the messages or texts screen? The only way now to get into the texts is through the shorcut menu.

I'll give this a day, maybe I'm just having a hard time adjusting to the different ui. I may go back to your other rom with just titanium. Either way I still think your work is awsome.

Guest kdkinc
Ahh, titanium doesnt work! :o Picture attached.

I've had this before due to operator error...

I went into window setting (not samsung)

>today setting>items>uncheck everything>hit ok>soft reset

>After bootup >repeat last steps recheck windows default>click ok go to home page. LET PHONE COMPLETE

Now if you want repeat and add samsung today OR individual settings on items list click ok LET PHONE COMPLETE task before going back to home page.

If you go to fast I think the phone gets confused..

worth a try,let us know if it helps

PS.

If you have gchis theme ???

I also found that gchris theme (a real nice theme :huh: ) can cause a scatter screen issue. Uninstall gchris (keep cab for later use) before applying above changes .

Repeat gchis theme is nice this IS NOT a knock....

Edited by kdkinc

Guest Shemmy
You know after closer inspection, even the today screen on my phone and your screen shots has these horizontal lines going across the screen from top to bottom in the backround. I wonder if it is connected with the graphical error in titanium? Is the backround supposed to have those lines or be a smooth gradient from blue on top to black towards the bottom? Or mabe I'm just overanalyzing it.

That's just the background image chosen for Samsung Today. Check out the first post in this thread for information on changing that. I have a pure black background that I can put up if you like.

In any case, I can confirm that the tasks list in the Samsung Today is not displaying the tasks. If you hit the Task sections it will open the tasks program and display all my tasks, they just don't show up on the today screen.

Only tasks which have a due date for the current day show up in the tasks panel. I've tested and confirmed this.

On the notification plugin: If you hit missed calls icon, you get missed calls screen, and if you hit email icon you get email, but if you hit texts icon, nothing happens. Is that normal? Becuase I expected it to open the messages or texts screen? The only way now to get into the texts is through the shorcut menu.

Since the Samsung Today plugin is made for the GSM Omnia Pro, some things don't work on the CDMA i920. The SMS panel and notification are one of them. These things are tied to Samsung's skinned SMS app, which is missing on the i920. So far, neither Ninja4Hire or I have had any luck in getting that to work on the i920.

Guest Mastertwiz

Ninja, Thank you for supplying us with this great rom. I just have a couple of questions...

- Did something happen to the RSS Reader in V2 (xda)? I can't seem to locate it and for some reason the Today widget/panel can't seem to find it either.

- What do you use or reccomend for a weather program to integrate nicely into your rom?

Thanks!!

Guest Ninja4Hire
Ninja, Thank you for supplying us with this great rom. I just have a couple of questions...

- Did something happen to the RSS Reader in V2 (xda)? I can't seem to locate it and for some reason the Today widget/panel can't seem to find it either.

- What do you use or reccomend for a weather program to integrate nicely into your rom?

Thanks!!

I must have forgot to put that back. The stupid DC23 update made me re-do the the whole OEMApps folder where basically everything is. I am cooking 2.1 right now. Doing XDA version first. Will keep you guys updated....

EDIT: Ok I re-added RSS. I also checked and Titanium is working without any blur issues. XDA version is up

Edited by Ninja4Hire

Guest Bryan W.

Just wanted to say that, following that suggestion, this gchis theme rocks.

Edit: This 2.0 version just isn't working. I like some of the new ui (not the today screen), but it just quircky. Today after a whole day of working ok, the PDA would continously reconnect and dissconnect from active sync. Sometimes throwing out there "Uknown device". It also stopped running programs, giving red errors when I tap the screen. After removing the battery (since it won't shutdown) and rebooting it did the same thing.

Back to v7 for me.

Edited by Bryan W.

Guest Mastertwiz

Ninja,

Thanks for putting RSS back in your Rom. I can confirm what Bryan W. mentioned above. There are still some buggy aspects of v2.1 that might be specificially related to Active Sync. After sync I've gotten "Not Valid Application" errors when I click on links from the T* Menu. I've also experienced some freezing lock-ups after sync that require me to remove the battery.

I've customized icons and settings for this Rom since I love the efficiency as well as the looks. I hope you get a chance to address some of these issues in the near future. I've backed up all my settings and am anxiously awaiting the next revision of your "Today" build. Until then I think I'll give your v7 Rom a spin

Guest Ninja4Hire
Just wanted to say that, following that suggestion, this gchis theme rocks.

Edit: This 2.0 version just isn't working. I like some of the new ui (not the today screen), but it just quircky. Today after a whole day of working ok, the PDA would continously reconnect and dissconnect from active sync. Sometimes throwing out there "Uknown device". It also stopped running programs, giving red errors when I tap the screen. After removing the battery (since it won't shutdown) and rebooting it did the same thing.

Back to v7 for me.

Ninja,

Thanks for putting RSS back in your Rom. I can confirm what Bryan W. mentioned above. There are still some buggy aspects of v2.1 that might be specificially related to Active Sync. After sync I've gotten "Not Valid Application" errors when I click on links from the T* Menu. I've also experienced some freezing lock-ups after sync that require me to remove the battery.

I've customized icons and settings for this Rom since I love the efficiency as well as the looks. I hope you get a chance to address some of these issues in the near future. I've backed up all my settings and am anxiously awaiting the next revision of your "Today" build. Until then I think I'll give your v7 Rom a spin

What version of windows are you guys running?

Guest Mastertwiz
What version of windows are you guys running?

Well... I updated my phone with the latest samsung update for DC23, and I've flashed your "Today (DC23) i920 ROM v2.1(21901)" configuration. According to my phone, the Windows Mobile version is 6.5 Professional, CE OS 5.2.21889 (Build 21889.5.0.90). Is there something wrong here? Please let me know.

By the way, thanks for your quick follow-up!

I almost forgot, I was going to ask you about one of your early replies in this topic. You previewed a really awesome looking SMS skin with staggered threading. That would really be the icing on the cake for your Roms, any new developments on that front? I've been using Vito SMS 1.25 but it's a kinda buggy and not nearly as sleek as the rest of your rom.

Edited by Mastertwiz