How much free RAM do you have?

Guest jebise

As the title say i want to know how much RAM you guys have on your omnia after a fresh boot.

1.) What ROM are you using?

2.) Using any UI's? aka WAD2, SBP, sense etc

3.) RAM after day of use?

Me i'm using gary's JC2 lite ROM winmo 6.5 with SBP mobile shell + mobile sence and i have 60MB after a fresh reboot. I average at around 44MB after using it for a day ad that with s2p and mobile shell open.

Guest redzone321

84ish on Fresh boot

80 mb after opening and closing Phon E X once and going to sleep and back out once

Sonblacks SB13 (Updating soon)

Bliss Titanium theme

Phon E X

TouchLockPro

Organized start menu

Guest msra6la2
As the title say i want to know how much RAM you guys have on your omnia after a fresh boot.

Me i'm using gary's JC2 lite ROM winmo 6.5 with SBP mobile shell + mobile sence and i have 60MB after a fresh reboot. I average at around 44MB after using it for a day ad that with s2p and mobile shell open.

1) 65mb at fresh boot (used to have 73mb)

2) Touchwiz 2.0

3) normally around 40~45mb

Edited by msra6la2

Guest das7771

After soft reset. 91-92mb

Ui - titanium

After a day of heavy usage I hover at around 69-75mb. if I just use it for calls and messaging it will stay at around 85mb

I am using my own custom rom

Guest jebise

Yeah i guess titianium is the best UI when it comes to RAM usage. What winmo versions you guyys using and who's ROM if you are using one.

Guest plguzman

71Mb after boot. Mobile Shell with MobileSense installed, Samsung Dialer, and Phon ex. WM6.5 (GC). After heavy usage settles around 57-58.

Edited by plguzman

Guest babyjosef17

I get 83MB after fresh boot.

a.) Official WM 6.1 Ih2

a.) WAD2 using my modified concept theme by dgen's

a.) Drops to 71MB after whole day of use. But when Default Dialer skin enabled. Drop to 65MB.

I will get more RAM if i use TODAY off, but I will loose my SMS and Mail notifications, which is important for me right now.

Guest Shiryu

1. Mirek190 WM 6.1 Ultra Lite 2.0 SPB with about 82 MB after fresh boot.

2. SPB MS cooked into ROM.

3. After heavy use 60-65 MB (memory leaks probably are caused by s2u2 or SPB MS)

Edited by Shiryu

Guest jebise
71Mb after boot. Mobile Shell with MobileSense installed, Samsung Dialer, and Phon ex. WM6.5 (GC). After heavy usage settles around 57-58.

Thats weird that you get 10MB more then i do after fresh reboot when we have the same settings

Guest msra6la2
Yeah i guess titianium is the best UI when it comes to RAM usage. What winmo versions you guyys using and who's ROM if you are using one.

HZHJC2

Guest plguzman
Thats weird that you get 10MB more then i do after fresh reboot when we have the same settings

I disabled the professional layouts (only 3 lifestyle, as shown in the "show your display" thread), using the default background (black) since the silver ones eat RAM and also are not so responsive, and deleted any innecesary widgets. Also, as I said, I'm using GC last 6.5, that has 95Mb RAM free after boot (obviously, Titanium is disabled).

Guest Shemmy

Ninja4Hire ROM v6.7, Samsung Today from Onia Pro or Titanium LTD v2:

fresh boot between 80 and 90, settles around 70-75 throughout the day

Guest speedfrog

1.) im using KSTAN JB1 ultra lite rom

2.) im using titanium

3.) 70mb

Guest Krecik2002

RAM: ~82MB right after boot, drops to ~50-60MB after a few hours of using phone

ROM: official JB3, WM 6.5.0

Software: just slightly modified GChris Titanium theme (system+CClock+CheroClock+CComm+CManilaMenu+JMLLauncher+CHome)

I strongly recommend disabling useless input methods (transcriptor, windows keypad, letter and block recognizer) it can save some priceless memory.

Guest jebise
I disabled the professional layouts (only 3 lifestyle, as shown in the "show your display" thread), using the default background (black) since the silver ones eat RAM and also are not so responsive, and deleted any innecesary widgets. Also, as I said, I'm using GC last 6.5, that has 95Mb RAM free after boot (obviously, Titanium is disabled).

yeah i'm using GC 6.5 ROM too, and the same 3 lifestyle panels and only have the widgets i want aswell. The only thing difference we have is the background. It might be because i maybe using a older mobilesence and you might not be. Can you link me which cab you used.

Guest rainerateimer

Really?? I have also one of the latest GaryCutcherROM but with 6.5.5 - I have 73 MB Ram after boot, but only with SPB MS and NO Sense - becouse the Sense skin allways eats away another 15MBs when i install it ;)

- AND i have Samsung Dialer disabled to save the 10MBs

so which ROM do you use exacly and hom much RAM did you have right after you flashed it ? Would be nice to know ;)

Guest plguzman
Really?? I have also one of the latest GaryCutcherROM but with 6.5.5 - I have 73 MB Ram after boot, but only with SPB MS and NO Sense - becouse the Sense skin allways eats away another 15MBs when i install it ;)

- AND i have Samsung Dialer disabled to save the 10MBs

so which ROM do you use exacly and hom much RAM did you have right after you flashed it ? Would be nice to know ;)

No 6.5.5. 6.5 (21889). The phone boots the first time with 95Mb free. The MobileSense skin eats a lot of RAM when installed but it comes with 6 layouts, I use only 3, and comes with almost every widget enabled, which I delete and keep just the ones I use. Also the backgrounds are assassin (even the phone is slower @ scrolling) and I just replaced all of them (I also prefer black backgrounds, for aesthetic and battery purposes).

Edited by plguzman

Guest rainerateimer

No 6.5.5. 6.5 (21889). The phone boots the first time with 95Mb free. The MobileSense skin eats a lot of RAM when installed but it comes with 6 layouts, I use only 3, and comes with almost every widget enabled, which I delete and keep just the ones I use. Also the backgrounds are assassin (even the phone is slower @ scrolling) and I just replaced all of them (I also prefer black backgrounds, for aesthetic and battery purposes).

[/quot

Cool, never heard that the layouts eat up ram- i always activate all of them and just trash em with stuff^^ - and i would never had hought that a simple wallpaper could eat up ram ;)

SO thanks for those hints, ill try them and see how it goes

Guest jebise
I'm using the most recent posted at xda. The link is:

MobileSense

yeah thats where i got mine as well but i got it of a post in one of the pages mtsamp mod or something. I wonder if the first post has been updated and i'm using a old release. Reason being the one i got had no memory leaks and the one on the first post says he tried to fix the memory leaks to the best of his ability so i thought maybe his one has leaks. But your RAM proves me wrong.

Amazing i'm such an idiot install the one on the first post it still didn't give me 71MB but i'm at 65MB now.

Edited by jebise

Guest nap_rz
I strongly recommend disabling useless input methods (transcriptor, windows keypad, letter and block recognizer) it can save some priceless memory.

how can i disable them?