JD1 ROM is available at Samsung_Mobile_Firmware_Downloader!Mirrors are appreciate!!!

Guest kydkylin

Guest cicciosprint

Um, just my two cents but... seeing how the Cube and Samsung Main Menu are two features advertised on the box and their lack would make the Cube button somewhat POINTLESS, then.. has anyone thought that they compiled the ROM and FORGOT to cook them in?

I expect to see them back in JD2 ;) Maybe even optimized with some wisdom from the T*Omnia.

Guest Red Bat
Well,I haven't tired to flash either on XP SP2 nor XP SP3.But for my humble understanding, flashing in SP2 is OK as flashing in SP2 mode has no problem in Vista.

If you really worry about this ,you could wait someone who has experenced flashing the rom under XP2 to give you the exact answer.

Cheers.

Yeah, thank you!

Guest tangotac
Um, just my two cents but... seeing how the Cube and Samsung Main Menu are two features advertised on the box and their lack would make the Cube button somewhat POINTLESS, then.. has anyone thought that they compiled the ROM and FORGOT to cook them in?

I expect to see them back in JD2 ;) Maybe even optimized with some wisdom from the T*Omnia.

not entirely useless...you can assign it to launch your most often used program. personally, i have no use for the cube and main menu.

YMMV

Guest y17dt
OK, Lastly I check and found the PowerDic.lnk at Windows folder also. (Why Samsung hide it?)

Below is the instruction to make PowerDic.lnk appear at Start Menu:

- Open Resco File Exporer 2010, click Menu --> Options --> General.

- Go to Browser tab, and make sure untick all.

- Copy the PowerDic.lnk from Windows to Windows\Start Menu\Programs using Resco File Explorer 2010.

- Right click the PowerDic.lnk and choose Properties.

- Untick Hidden (untick twice) at the Attributes.

Now you will seen the PowerDic appear at Start Menu.

4518164348_410789a59f_o.png4518172286_15604cdcfc_o.png

4517534515_d86302b69d_o.png4518167592_41836a3d3f_o.png

Hi,

I found a more easy way...

Use Resco Explorer(v8 or 2010), got tu Windows --> Press and hold on PowerDic.Ink --> Send to --> Startmenu as link --> enjoy

Now my short review about the JD1:

Bad:

Looks and feels very nice, but seems to me still very beta stage. Not stabel, hangs up some time, so you have to realease battery. Some times you can´t call anyone, need to do softreset. Opera 9.7 messes up with its Menu bar, fast battery drain. Semms to have more memory-leak than other roms bevore. Default Black Theme is shows black text on black background in notifications :-( Had problems configuring my mobile internetconnection(but they solved somhow by themselves) etc.

Good:

Wm 6.5.3, fast, good touch feeling with patch from 1st post, GPRS-counter, SPB-Mobileshell-Karrussel 3.5.3works(laggy) BUT it works(its not just useful as Eyecandy), some other minore features

For me it was worth testing it, but I´m looking forward to switch to next rom as soon, als possible. It is a step in the right direction but it needs adjustments.

I would recomend everyone to wait for Samsungs next release with Win 6.5.3.

Regards

Guest AndrewTan
Hi,

I found a more easy way...

Use Resco Explorer(v8 or 2010), got tu Windows --> Press and hold on PowerDic.Ink --> Send to --> Startmenu as link --> enjoy

Now my short review about the JD1:

Bad:

Looks and feels very nice, but seems to me still very beta stage. Not stabel, hangs up some time, so you have to realease battery. Some times you can´t call anyone, need to do softreset. Opera 9.7 messes up with its Menu bar, fast battery drain. Semms to have more memory-leak than other roms bevore. Default Black Theme is shows black text on black background in notifications :-( Had problems configuring my mobile internetconnection(but they solved somhow by themselves) etc.

Good:

Wm 6.5.3, fast, good touch feeling with patch from 1st post, GPRS-counter, SPB-Mobileshell-Karrussel 3.5.3works(laggy) BUT it works(its not just useful as Eyecandy), some other minore features

For me it was worth testing it, but I´m looking forward to switch to next rom as soon, als possible. It is a step in the right direction but it needs adjustments.

I would recomend everyone to wait for Samsungs next release with Win 6.5.3.

Regards

For me, JD1 is extremely stable, never hang until now. Never face cannot call issue. Opera 9.7 messes up with its Menu bar? What you mean? No issue for me on Opera 9.7 as well. Never face issue on Default Black Themes show black text in black background, off course now I using the modified black edition of Rock and Republic. ;) No issue at all for my internet connection, work flawlessly. Battery life same as previous build.

Memory leak is faster a bit than JC2 but not extremely bad.

Guest mike52

hello ,

i installed also the actually rom NXXIJ6 and there is no option to change the keyboard. i think it is is bug on this rom. there is also no input menu wich allows to reconfgure the the keyborads.

how can slove this problem.

thx

Guest gdrijver
not entirely useless...you can assign it to launch your most often used program. personally, i have no use for the cube and main menu.

YMMV

Exactly....when you install Microsoft VoiceCommand the cube button is automatically used for that program...I love it

G

Guest moxadrian

this rom made me very very happy.I dont need custom roms anymore.To obtain 15 mb pagepool have to flash with jd1 eboot.Works like a charm

Guest Hawkie

Where can i change the language for the keyboard? In other ROMS i have found it in samsung settings, but in this ROM I can't find any options for this?

Guest mike52
Where can i change the language for the keyboard? In other ROMS i have found it in samsung settings, but in this ROM I can't find any options for this?

i think you cannot because there is no such an option to change it. i have the same problem with the input menu. no more bugs except input menu.

Guest Shrekster

I am using SPB shell but it isnt overriding the windows start menu bar

So that bottom bar is over the menu of SPB

is there anyway to persuade that windows bar to go away ?

Guest AndrewTan
i think you cannot because there is no such an option to change it. i have the same problem with the input menu. no more bugs except input menu.

For XT9 keyboard. (Original one)

- Press and hold the "MODE XT9" button, a new menu will pop-up, go to "XT9 Options" and will direct you to another screen for changing the keyboard language.

Guest manosandrea

Anybody knows where the original Start Menu.exe file is ????? ( can't find it , don't know if that is the name of the .exe file, maybe in the windows )

I'm not talking about main menu.exe , but startmenu.exe ( the one that appears aftre pressing the ''start'' , bottom bar - left side )

Thanks !!!!!!!

Edited by manosandrea

Guest mike52
For XT9 keyboard. (Original one)

- Press and hold the "MODE XT9" button, a new menu will pop-up, go to "XT9 Options" and will direct you to another screen for changing the keyboard language.

no not the same for me. if i press and hold mode xt9 then i see in the pop up transcriber touch input samsung keypad and other, i cannot change the language of the keyboard and i am also not able to change the options of the spb keyboard .

can any body help me

Guest cennex

I installed I8000NXXJD1 and like it very much.

However, now, for incoming calls or sms, the contact names are not displayed, just the numbers.

Any one face the same issue? Any fix for it?

Guest silencer22
Although the new player has a subtitles setting in the menu, it doesn't show any srt subs... Does enyone have any idea what to do?

media player or touch player supports only SAMI subtitle format

Guest Del1701

After using this rom for a weak I've found the old memory leak problems creaping back in and the auto closing of apps, ie my alarm this morning, I was almost late for work lol.

It's a nice rom but for me I think that tonight I'm flashing back to JC1 or JC2 as I never had anything autoclose on them.

Guest foxyfoxy

Okay folks...

i'm from italy and i have the Omnia II 8GB version....freemarket one.

i'm using the official JC1 rom with wm 6.5 version, i am wondering if this with 6.5.3 and those bugs is really better....

(no "X" button? gosh...and a lot of reg fixes? probably this rom is too young to be stable, or microsoft is on the go for wm6.5.5?

the majer thing i love is that the photo viewer can select which folder to view and which not.....it's possible to do in the official JC1 rom?

please feel free to give hints and comments!

Guest yingmoda
I installed I8000NXXJD1 and like it very much.

However, now, for incoming calls or sms, the contact names are not displayed, just the numbers.

Any one face the same issue? Any fix for it?

I have this problems a few days ago. After seaching and talking to friends, it was found that few names were duplicated, ie either in phone or sim. I had to scroll thru phone book and delete those duplications, and now it works properly, with name and number shown when being called.

Guest cennex
I have this problems a few days ago. After seaching and talking to friends, it was found that few names were duplicated, ie either in phone or sim. I had to scroll thru phone book and delete those duplications, and now it works properly, with name and number shown when being called.

Thx for your suggestion. I deleted all the contacts in the phone and left only contacts in sim. the problem still occurs.

switching back to old rom for now.

Guest dgmorland
Thx for your suggestion. I deleted all the contacts in the phone and left only contacts in sim. the problem still occurs.

switching back to old rom for now.

Did you change the setting for the number of digits to match for caller ID? The default in this ROM is 10 digits are required to match against an entry in your phonebook. If you havent entere the numbers in your phonebook with the international prefix they are probably not long enough to match with 10 digits. You can change the setting so that it matches with fewer digits (8 should be enough). Change this registry "HKCU\ControlPanel\Phone\Callid match" to 8. I think that will solve your problem of caller ID not working

Guest NoEyeDeer

I cant download XTRA data by wifi or Activesync only GPRS

I'm loving this ROM, so much better than the IJ9 that was on the phone.

I have one annoying problem - I cant download XTRA data by wifi or Activesync, only GPRS.

I have set the registry values mentioned in the first post:

enable XTRA:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Samsung\RIL\GPS\XTRA]

"Enable"=dword:1

"AutoDownload"=dword:1

"AutoDownloadActiveSync"=dword:1

there is also another item - "AutoDownloadWifi" that I have set the value to dword:1

But it doesn't work for me.

I have tried to update in locations where I dont have mobile reception but I have either a wifi or activesync connection. I click the "Download XTRA Data" button in settings-GPS-XTRA and eventually it times out and says download failed.

If have have a wifi or activesync connection and phone is turned off when I try to update XTRA it immediately says the download failed. Its seems like it completely ignores wifi and activesync connections - if it sees there is no GPRS data connection it immediately gives up.

Trying to update XTRA data in NoGarder doesn't work either.

Anyone else have this behaviour? I'd love to have it automatically update by wifi

Another observation: It seems that the XTRA data is updated every time I start GPS (assuming I have mobile reception) even if the data is not out of date. I have seen that the XTRA data "Valid time" might be something like 6 Days 19 Hours then I have started GPS, I notice that a GPRS data connecion is established then when I have another look I see the valid time is back to 6 Days 23 Hours!. GPRS Counter (sweet program) shows that the amount of data transferred is about the same as the size of the xtra.bin file. It seems to be updating far too often!?

Thanks for reading. Any suggestions welcomed.

Marty.

Edited by NoEyeDeer