Need Help on whether i should Flash my ROM.

Guest blaziblade

I am considering whther i should flash my ROM due to Low RAM

firstly. my RAM is only about 30mb although with this LOW RAM my phone isnt lagging but i am afraid it will when i MEGA multi task(Which i have not tried to do so yet)

secondly. i am a NOOB at flashing ROM and have seen Noobie Guides but i still wouldnt dare to Flash my ROM.

Thirdly, i am afraid that the ROM i flashed isnt to my liking and making me regret doing so.

This is what i have installed

-SPB Mobile Shell+Theme ETC

-Swype+Skins

-S2U2+Theme

My Device:

PDA:I8000NXXIJ9

CSC:I8000XSOIJ2

PHONE:I8000DXIJ1

main Storage

Originally: 90mb free

Now: 36mb free

Ram

Fresh Boot: 40mb

After sometime: 36mb

Guest Terry666

Hi

I will suggest you Gary's ROMs here: http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-...ted-4-apr-2010/

I personally used ALL of them ;) and use the "24 March Updated" JC2... :P

BUT!!! Is LITE ROM you have to install the programs you like from the list of CABs in the same thread or other "Repository" page in this site....

http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-...t-english-only/

This moment I have 158MB free main storage and 72MB RAM with SPB's Shell, Keyb, Weather, Time plus many more and ALMOST ALL the Samsung programs installed most of them in "My Storage"... ;)

With no disrespect to anyone but don't try 6.5.3 if you use SPB keyboard as doesn't allow me to register and change the skin... I just finish re-flashing the phone after I tested JD1...

All this because the new arrangement with the buttons in the bottom?...

Maybe other programs have the same problem???

I hope thats help you a bit... Good Luck ;)

Edited by Terry666

Guest blaziblade
Hi

I will suggest you Gary's ROMs here: http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-...ted-4-apr-2010/

I personally used ALL of them ;) and use the "24 March Updated" JC2... :P

BUT!!! Is LITE ROM you have to install the programs you like from the list of CABs in the same thread or other "Repository" page in this site....

http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-...t-english-only/

This moment I have 158MB free main storage and 72MB RAM with SPB's Shell, Keyb, Weather, Time plus many more and ALMOST ALL the Samsung programs installed most of them in "My Storage"... ;)

With no disrespect to anyone but don't try 6.5.3 if you use SPB keyboard as doesn't allow me to register and change the skin... I just finish re-flashing the phone after I tested JD1...

All this because the new arrangement with the buttons in the bottom?...

Maybe other programs have the same problem???

I hope thats help you a bit... Good Luck ;)

kust wait a few days until gary release JD1 lite which is winmo 6.5.3 official samsung build

Man... You guys are really tempting me to Flash my ROM. But I AM A NOOB.... i need specific details on How to Flash ROMS and how to use Programs like OCTANS downloader.. Will wait until someone teaches me how to flash ROMS =D

Guest levytv
Man... You guys are really tempting me to Flash my ROM. But I AM A NOOB.... i need specific details on How to Flash ROMS and how to use Programs like OCTANS downloader.. Will wait until someone teaches me how to flash ROMS =D

its extremely easy. go to the pinned topics in this forum and go to flash guide by tachan. just follow exactly. not hard.

Guest kdkinc

As has been said its easy :P :P

Just read the info pinned at the start of forum.

Its harder to brick a phone than people let on. :P

JUST BE PATIENT...Give the phone time to do its thing, And you've got it. ;)

NOW GO FOR IT! ;) ;)

:P :P

Edited by kdkinc

Guest blaziblade

Erm Just 1 Thing to ask... i want to avoid flashing Eboot so when im using the OCTANS downloader 2.14 i leave the Eboot part Empty? And the OCtans downloader 2.14 boxed that are unchecked which one should i tick? i found a tut here http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-...g-rom-on-i8000/ but i still dont quite understand some of its examples and steps

Edited by blaziblade

Guest levytv

yes you only want to do the pda part. im assuming you're using windows xp. download the verizon rom you want. extract it. turn your phone off. and it should not be plugged into the computer. make sure your computer has power saving off and no other programs running. a restart cant hurt. make sure you have the modem driver installed that tachan lists in his tutorial. download octans not the mini. open octans. click on the pda button. select the extracted rom. the extracted rom will have nbo or nb0 at the end of its name. click detect. plug the phone in and hit power. and click start downloading on octans and step away from the computer for about ten minutes. when its finished it will reboot and you will have a new rom. you can do an octans 'dry' run without the phone part to familiarize yourself with octans. if you dont have xp the instructions are different. i was frightened also but it is easy and straightforward. must install driver - extract rom - turn phone off - unplug from computer - run octans - plug in phone - power phone start octans download.