Anyone using Sashimi 8.0

Guest Mighty Warriors

Guest Mighty Warriors

After flashing to JD1, all the cabs i put in \Storage Card\SASHIMI\Auto\CAB\ASL no longer install to My Storage but instead installed to Storage Card. Anyone have a solution to this?

Guest wes58
After flashing to JD1, all the cabs i put in \Storage Card\SASHIMI\Auto\CAB\ASL no longer install to My Storage but instead installed to Storage Card. Anyone have a solution to this?

Replace Sashimi.mscr with this one.

Backup the old one, just in case you want to go back to wm6.5.

SASHIMI.rar

Edited by wes58

Guest tacchan23

I've been using Sashimi for a long time now and I was wondering if someone else was facing the same problem as me too.

It happens really randomly (or at least I couldn't figure out an exact cause)... when I flash a new ROM and use SASHIMI to reinstall everything, SOMETIME my phone part gets "broken" and the signal goes dead. Nothing fix it other than a Hard Reset.

Only thing I noticed is that some cabs make it happen a lot more often (Opera or Phon-Ex for example, so I install them manually), but even without those particular cabs it still happens like 1 out of about 10 times...

Does it happen to someone else?

Guest wes58
I've been using Sashimi for a long time now and I was wondering if someone else was facing the same problem as me too.

It happens really randomly (or at least I couldn't figure out an exact cause)... when I flash a new ROM and use SASHIMI to reinstall everything, SOMETIME my phone part gets "broken" and the signal goes dead. Nothing fix it other than a Hard Reset.

Only thing I noticed is that some cabs make it happen a lot more often (Opera or Phon-Ex for example, so I install them manually), but even without those particular cabs it still happens like 1 out of about 10 times...

Does it happen to someone else?

It happened to me when I installed official JD1. I only run Sashimi to restore pim from backup (no other applications). After restarting the phone, I had some application crash (can't remember now if it was after restarting or after closing shashimi), but I didn't take notice what it was. And then I couldn't connect to my phone network.

I just installed custom JD1 with WM23557 and everything worked Ok with Sashimi. I am not sure what it can be.

Maybe next time it happens you should make a registry export with Sashimi and compare it with the good one after hard reset. Maybe you will find something there.

Guest tacchan23
It happened to me when I installed official JD1. I only run Sashimi to restore pim from backup (no other applications). After restarting the phone, I had some application crash (can't remember now if it was after restarting or after closing shashimi), but I didn't take notice what it was. And then I couldn't connect to my phone network.

I just installed custom JD1 with WM23557 and everything worked Ok with Sashimi. I am not sure what it can be.

Maybe next time it happens you should make a registry export with Sashimi and compare it with the good one after hard reset. Maybe you will find something there.

The application which crashed is most likely cprog.exe (which makes sense being the phone app... and that's what always happened everytime I had this issue).

Last time it happened to me some days ago, I too imported the PIM.vol (and nothing else) after flashing JC1 wm23551 rom

Guess I'll try to export the registry next time.

Guest Mighty Warriors

Could it be because you guys always backup your registry and restore them after flashing? For me I never encounter this problem partly because I use sashimi to restore cabs and some registry setting related to samsung setting only.

Guest wes58
Could it be because you guys always backup your registry and restore them after flashing? For me I never encounter this problem partly because I use sashimi to restore cabs and some registry setting related to samsung setting only.

It's not backing up registry, it's just pim.vol which are contacts, tasks, appointments.