Omnia II have battery life of 1+ day?!?!?!

Guest Rommie2k6

There's something seriously wrong with my Omnia II. It was fully charged last night and I was installing a bunch of applications. Battery power slid to 75% within hours and I thought it's ok since I was installing a bunch of stuff. In the morning it was at 60%. How could I have lost 15% battery while it was idle overnight?

Does anyone experience the same problem?

I have a feeling it's one of the software I've installed. Has anyone tried the Omnia II with SPB Mobile Shell 3.5.3?

Guest kdkinc
There's something seriously wrong with my Omnia II. It was fully charged last night and I was installing a bunch of applications. Battery power slid to 75% within hours and I thought it's ok since I was installing a bunch of stuff. In the morning it was at 60%. How could I have lost 15% battery while it was idle overnight?

I have a feeling it's one of the software I've installed. Has anyone tried the Omnia II with SPB Mobile Shell 3.5.3?

check bluetooth on?

too many email updates ?

too Many WX updates?

Look at task mgr see what running.

;) ;)

Guest Ender Psp

More details would be nice. What rom you have, if you updated the firmware recently.

Generally, what you're describing is caused by either a data connection that is on very frequently (bluetooth, gprs, wifi etc) or there have been reports of some roms having drainage issues.

Guest Rommie2k6

No data connections whatsoever to the best of my knowledge. Can anyone recommend a battery calibration utility? I have a feeling maybe the OS is reporting the wrong % charge.

Guest Khisha

There is a trick I read somewhere that helps.

Drain your battery to zero. Get the battery out of the phone for 10 minutes.

Charge it while powered off till you get notification that battery full.

Get the battery out for 10 minutes.

If doesn't help, do it again.

I perform this routine always after flashing a new ROM. It really helps.

It is also highly recommended to perform a hard reset after ROM flashing.

I get 2, 2,5 days after performing this trick.

You can get 5 days on O2 only if you are not using data services from your network.

Guest beeback

having the same problem... phone was charged 100% at round 8pm and at round 6am, battery was 0%. I've turned off most of the stuff aka BT,HSDPA on off,performace set to low,WIFi off, brightness to minimum....etc

btw Im using secany's ROM i8000XXJB1.

Any ideas ?

P.S. Is it possible to downgrade to i8000NXXIJ9 and then update with Samsung Kies or New PC Studio to official ROM ?

Edited by beeback

Guest Khisha

In addition to my previous post.

In order recalibrate your battery you need to teach the driver to recognize the charge level correctly.

1) Drain your battery - in this way the driver will know lowest possible charge level and voltage

3) Get the battery out for 5 minutes.

4) Insert the battery and charge for at least 4 hours without turning the phone on.

5) Power on the phone and dial *#9911# you will see the service menu with actual charge levels.

It should be somewhere around 93-95 %.

6) Press SOC reset button.

7) Enjoy.

It will not make your battery new, but it will recalibrate battery charging driver and therefore improve, sometimes significantly, battery cycle.

Guest beeback
In addition to my previous post.

In order recalibrate your battery you need to teach the driver to recognize the charge level correctly.

1) Drain your battery - in this way the driver will know lowest possible charge level and voltage

3) Get the battery out for 5 minutes.

4) Insert the battery and charge for at least 4 hours without turning the phone on.

5) Power on the phone and dial *#9911# you will see the service menu with actual charge levels.

It should be somewhere around 93-95 %.

6) Press SOC reset button.

7) Enjoy.

It will not make your battery new, but it will recalibrate battery charging driver and therefore improve, sometimes significantly, battery cycle.

will try to do that and will report later on.

Thank you ;)

Guest jebise

For any device like laptop including our phones you to cycle the battery once every few months. These battery's are liquid and if you don't charge them probley then they get stail. Think of it this way your battery get to 50% and you charge it and you do this for over a year. The other 50% did not get used and when you try to use it it will not work coz it went stail thus as we know these batteries lose there chrage after a while and need to be replaced and this is the reason why. Another big problem is overcharging the battery i did that with my old sony phone and the battery would never go above 45% even if i left it on charge for a entire day.

As the above post mentioned drain the battery down to 0% and then charge it do it a few times and you battery will actually run longer then excepted. This dose not only apply to phones but any device that has a rechargeable battery. Cycling is very important, my 5 year old 6 cell laptop battery still last a good 2.5 hours since i cycle it every few months used to last 3 hours but still can't complain.

P.S i did not know about the driver or of that stuff, guess you learn something new everyday.

Edited by jebise

Guest beeback
i also disable incoming beams ...i love o2 batt life

I'va put all that is possible to off and still something is "eating" my battery ... phone is new... 14days ..... 1st battery was drained to 0 so i had to buy new (warrenty) coz old one was not charging any more..... more and more i think, my guess is that is something wrong with omnia II and not with battery.

Is it possible to downgrade ROM and then update with kies or Samsung new pc studio to a official ROM ? (coz of warrenty) btw im using il2 verzion now

Guest Rothariger
also - bad phone range drains the battery quickly.

could you pls explain this???

where i live now, i have only 2 lines of G the most of the time and the battery least only 6-8 hours, WIFI and BT off... :S

and that could explain the battery drain...

Guest xos84292
could you pls explain this???

where i live now, i have only 2 lines of G the most of the time and the battery least only 6-8 hours, WIFI and BT off... :S

and that could explain the battery drain...

I live in hong kong, i lock it in 3g mode, 3 to 4, it can use 2 to 3 day, with bt about 1.5- 2 day

set the wifi and 3G Network ,2 min auto close

Edited by xos84292

Guest babyjosef17

I dunno, ever since my battery has always been 1 1/2 day. Not really sure cuz I do not drain my phone totally. But when I use in the moring surfing the new and video, my battery can drop down up to 80%

Then I charge again in the office until full, then on the way back from work, it will be the thing, drain up to 75-80%

So if I add that up, If I don't charge in the office my battery can go down to 50% in one day use.

I tried during the weekend once, My batt only lasted me the whole day, I was even trying to save up the battery, and also in airplane mode and only use wifi to surf the net.

But funny enough the next day, the batt was great, lasted me the whole day with normal use, including 3g and never used airplane mode, my battery went down to only 40%

Our Omnia II battery is quite funny for sure.

Guest Khisha

It is. I Also was getting 1.5 days. But I was OK with that since I have chargers everywhere.

Lately I have reflashed the ROM, and didn't install any background services applications.

(No SKtools, no S2U2, no realtime weather application, no e-mail configured)

3G is on. I am using it just as a phone: a lot of BT and some occasional talking (20 minutes a day) and guess what...

My last charge was on Friday today the battery bar missed one line. We are talking about 2 + days.

I believe in this way I will get 5 days of running. I am doing this as experiment. Perhaps will log it here/

Guest Terry666

My wife's O2 showed suddenly, after few months of usage, same problems lately till I flash it with Gary's JC2, now everything it's ok...

Looks to me ROMs are the main problem as previously I faced this problem, short battery life, between flashings of different ROMs...

Guest blaziblade

My Omnia 2 only lost 1% battery life when i leave it on standby at night without switching it off. But just 5hours of web surfing and listening to music can drain my battery life up to Zero.