I8000 - WM6.5.3 Update 20 March 2011

Guest Gary Crutcher

Guest fattmatt

Hi again.

I have a question for whomever can help me, related to the Today page.

How can I change the pink/blue "Text Messages" icon to open the Samsung Messaging exe instead of the Windows Text exe?

If anybody can help me with this it would be great.

Everything else is fantastic so far.

Cheers,

Matt.

Edited by fattmatt

Guest skoda60

Thank Gary for your great ROM. Finally I abled to assigned "ROTATE SCREEN" to a hardware button with winmo setting. Samsung setting can't do this.

All my program were smooth and stabled.

Very interesting was many time I flashed your ROM, I had wm6.q popup style which I like it most because it was more efficient.

post-433401-1277732677_thumb.png

Guest skoda60

After using of few days, which I can't paired my BT stereo head set with Samsung setting but winmo setting was fine. Unfortunate I had to took out the battery nearly everyday. So I flashed back to JE2 wm6.5 with the same set of software installed and I had no problem.

Any people facing this problem?

Guest fattmatt
After using of few days, which I can't paired my BT stereo head set with Samsung setting but winmo setting was fine. Unfortunate I had to took out the battery nearly everyday. So I flashed back to JE2 wm6.5 with the same set of software installed and I had no problem.

Any people facing this problem?

I have had the opposite!

My BT Car-Kit paired with Samsung settings and quicker than previous roms.

Not once in 3 days have I needed to remove the battery either.

I only have 3 programs installed, Resco Explorer, SPB Backup and O2 Compass (plus a few tweak cabs of my own).

So far so good for me, maybe one of your programs is causing a problem on this rom??, dunno, just guessing.

Hope you sort it out mate.

Matt.

Guest Gary Crutcher

As a chef, I would suggest the following after flashing new roms:

1) Test the new rom BEFORE installing your applications. Make sure everything you

are interested in using works for you.

2) If everything you are going to use works for you, install 1-2 programs. Test again.

If everything still works, install 1-2 more programs. Test again. Do this for all

programs you want to install.

Now the reason you want to do this is because it may not be the rom causing problems.

It could be one of your applications - sometimes this happens.

This may take a while to test, but the alternative is to reflash to a previous version. Why

do this if you don't have to.

Of all the roms I have cooked, I have yet to reflash back to a previous version. I test before

I install my applications.

Guest skoda60
I have had the opposite!

My BT Car-Kit paired with Samsung settings and quicker than previous roms.

Not once in 3 days have I needed to remove the battery either.

I only have 3 programs installed, Resco Explorer, SPB Backup and O2 Compass (plus a few tweak cabs of my own).

So far so good for me, maybe one of your programs is causing a problem on this rom??, dunno, just guessing.

Hope you sort it out mate.

Matt.

I reflashed again and it turned to normal. BT, wifi, GPRS etc all worked well.

Guest Terry666

Hi Gary

THANK YOU for the LITE-JE2!!!

I think is your MASTERPIECE in WM6.5...

With ALL my programs installed and running for more than 24 hours now, little GPS, a lot of music, 2 MMS, couple of calls few pics and running the MotoGP, F1, and World Cup programs and of course ASPHALT4...

(I can't call it LITE NOW as I have install almost ALL the programs from original JE2 plus mine; but THAT'S what I like with the LITE ROMs, I install whatever I like in "My Storage"...)

Currently with SPB Shell 3.5.5 RAM= 60MB ROM= 188MB !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can say only that's

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<AWESOME>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

P/S I think you HAVE to publish it for those who like LITE WM 6.5...

Edited by Terry666

Guest lesterEL
Hi Gary

With ALL my programs installed and running for more than 24 hours now, little GPS, a lot of music, 2 MMS, couple of calls few pics and running the MotoGP, F1, and World Cup programs and of course ASPHALT4...

(I can't call it LITE NOW as I have install almost ALL the programs from original JE2 plus mine; but THAT'S what I like with the LITE ROMs, I install whatever I like in "My Storage"...)

Currently with SPB Shell 3.5.5 RAM= 60MB ROM= 188MB !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can say only that's

i would want to get my hands on this ROM please.... hotfile, rapid, mega, link please..... :lol:

Guest Gary Crutcher
Hi Gary

I can say only that's

I'm happy it is working well for you.

I will publish the rom today or tomorrow so others can flash it.

Thanks for the feedback. :lol:

Guest vinnlim

Hi Gary

thx alot ur new rom is very usefull 4 me

only one problem i face is the chinese word shown squa

can u add the Chinese fonts in the ROM(JE3-23662 Lite version)

i really love to use this new rom very friendy use

thx again u great jod

Guest Gary Crutcher
Hi Gary

thx again u great jod

I have a CHinese notepad program from Skoda60 that shows the Chinese fonts.

Chinese fonts are already supported. Maybe contact Skoda60 for more info.

Guest skoda60
Hi Gary

thx again u great jod

Try notepad if you see the square box, then you installed sunfon.cab in Device. For traditional Chinese, set regional languages to Chinese(Taiwan).

But I think Gary ROM already have sunfon font.

Notepad.zip

i8000nxxje2_sunfont.cab

Guest Gary Crutcher
Try notepad if you see the square box, then you installed sunfon.cab in Device. For traditional Chinese, set regional languages to Chinese(Taiwan).

But I think Gary ROM already have sunfon font.

Yes, you are correct. I left sunfon font in the rom.

Chinese characters show on my JE3/23662 rom.

Guest kuekpeow
Yes, you are correct. I left sunfon font in the rom.

Chinese characters show on my JE3/23662 rom.

I'm also seeing squares for all chinese characters. Maybe it is due to the "CSC_I8000XSOJC3.CSC" that I'm using?

Installing chinese fonts does not help - "i8000nxxje2_sunfont.cab" from this thread, "RickyMSYH6.0.cab" from http://ricky119.com/wm6chineses/, and "cjkfont.cab" from http://www.leddytech.com/?p=24.

Edited by kuekpeow

Guest bouboule

I'm searching for a recent or not too old thai CSC.

ANd alson PDA file thai for htia language ... if it exists.

Somebody have a link ?

Thanks

Edited by bouboule

Guest vishrb

I was wondering a few things.

1. Is there anyway to keep the zoom tool that comes default. You know the one that if you press and hold the yellow arrows come up and you can zoom in and out? Default it shows up in opera. I find it quite useful. Since Opera doe snot come in Gary's roms I was not sure if I coudl install it then edit the registry to get it to use this zoom tool.

2. I actually like a previous rom's titanium panel layout (21 April 2010). If I flash this rom is it very hard to modify the panels back to the previous format.

Thanks

Edited by vishrb

Guest hotsync

Hi Gary, I've been using your roms and they are fantastic !!! fast and stable. In fact your JE3-23662 rom, solved the GPS lag that I had since I bought the i8000.

I only had a problem after applied the pagepool patch (12 MB) to JE3-23662 version. When I flashed, the Storage Card dissapeared :) . I reflashed the same patched rom, and the Storage had gone...

After that, I reflashed with the original JE3-23662 (8 MB) rom, and the Storage came back... I don't know if I'm missing something or I'm doing something wrong..

Note: I ran MD5 calc program to generate an MD5 number, and it was ok.

Edited by hotsync

Guest Gary Crutcher
Hi Gary, I've been using your roms and they are fantastic !!! fast and stable. In fact your JE3-23662 rom, solved the GPS lag that I had since I bought the i8000.

I only had a problem after applied the pagepool patch (12 MB) to JE3-23662 version. When I flashed, the Storage Card dissapeared :) . I reflashed the same patched rom, and the Storage had gone...

After that, I reflashed with the original JE3-23662 (8 MB) rom, and the Storage came back... I don't know if I'm missing something or I'm doing something wrong..

Note: I ran MD5 calc program to generate an MD5 number, and it was ok.

Never heard that happening before.

I am making a 23670 rom, so I will test a 12MB patched version with this new rom.

Guest jkgtan

Any chance of a separate link.

Looks like the whole Singapore is sharing the same IP address.

Impossible to log in, keep getting error of your IP is currently downloading.

Edited by jkgtan

Guest Gary Crutcher
Any chance of a separate link.

Looks like the whole Singapore is sharing the same IP address.

Impossible to log in, keep getting error of your IP is currently downloading.

Am uploading JF5 Lite ROM.

When finished, will upload to Megaupload.