Vito SMS-chat - phone book

Guest BassBionic

I like sms-chat from VITO very much. But there are a few things that are annoying. One of these things is that I can not look in my phone book which is stored on my sim card. Sms-chat only shows you the contact persons on your device or the ones of which you have a stored sms.

I recognised that sms-chat keeps a file stored called "cache" (without an extention). It's saved in the install directory of sms-chat. When I got a lot of text msgs from different persons I made my "cache-file" read-only so sms-chat doesn't overwrites it when I delete all the text msgs. So I kept my log-file. The only thing is, I want to have everybody in my contact list in to that file. But when I open the file in Word I can see the contact's name and phone number but every character around it doesn't make any sense.

For example:

Mister X + 3 1 phone number â ¹ ? » > € · 2 µ 6 ‚ ³ 2 ƒ ± 6 „ ¯ 2 … ­ 6 † ª 1 ‡ ¨ 2 ˆ § 7 ‰ ¥ 2 Š £ 6 ‹ ¡ 2 Œ Ÿ 6 2 Ž š 5 ˜ 6 – 5 ‘ ” 5 ’ ’ < “ Í 4 ” Ë 2 • Æ 0 — Ã

Did some one created his own "cache-file" so that every contact person on your device is in it? Or maybe there is another solution to see the contact persons on your sim card?

Fun Contact works also only with contact persons on your device, so it isn't a solution.

Hi Bass, I also hand the same problem with you long time ago.

What I realised was that transferring my contacts from SIM to Phone did the trick ;)

Of course I had duplicates, but it worked! :]]

Try it! ;)