options to choose usb mass storage or activesync

Guest sakku

hello.. i'm just bought omnia2. as i used htc touch pro before, i want it ask me the options to choose between usb mass storage or activesync everytimes i plug micro usb cable to pc.

is it possible by installing some software ? now i have to open the settings to change between them..

thanks.

Guest jh787
hello.. i'm just bought omnia2. as i used htc touch pro before, i want it ask me the options to choose between usb mass storage or activesync everytimes i plug micro usb cable to pc.

is it possible by installing some software ? now i have to open the settings to change between them..

thanks.

Yes.

you can create a shortcut and put in into startfolder/homescreen.

Just use mine attached below if you do not want to create your own.

You can attach an icon and it put it it onto your home screen for quick switching( See image attached)

Instructions (Applies to all Zips below)

1. Place png in \windows using explorer ( do not rename )

2. Place shortcut in \windows\start menu\programs

3. Install the cab. ( Must install to device and not storage)

4. Soft reset

Let me know how it goes....

post-662543-1271145702_thumb.png

usbmode1.zip

bluetooth.zip

wifi.zip

Edited by jh787

Guest sakku
Yes.

You can attach an icon and it put it it onto your home screen for quick switching( See image attached)

that file u create is just a simple shortcut to run the configuration setting to choose between those 2 options.

what i need is, the device detect itself when it's plugged into usb port then asking me with 2 options, whether i want to use it in activesync or just playing it as a usb mass storage device.

in htc touch pro (raphael), it can..

Guest Ender Psp
that file u create is just a simple shortcut to run the configuration setting to choose between those 2 options.

what i need is, the device detect itself when it's plugged into usb port then asking me with 2 options, whether i want to use it in activesync or just playing it as a usb mass storage device.

Then, you either find a programmer that can implement that for you (hello, Samsung? - good job lately, maybe you can take this request too) or you'll have to do it yourself. Because there's no such option/program in any of the current roms. There might be a 3rd party app but I'm unaware of such.

Guest jh787

I know it is a simple shortcut but obviously not simple enough.

The htc has loads of options that the Samsung hasn't and vice versa. There is no such option on the Omnia2 and as far as i know the above method is the next best thing. If you do find any better method on your quest please be sure to post it here.

What is the difference anyway? One tap to be exact

htc = auto popup\select mode\press ok = 2 clicks (popup regardless of whether mode needs to be changed)

Omnia2 = selectshortcut\selectmode\press done = 3 clicks (added advantage of hot swapping between modes without taking cable out and only need to go to settings if mode needs to be changed)

Edited by jh787

Guest Terry666
Yes.

THANK YOU! Very good shortcut... ;) Can you please tell me how to attach an icon or .png to the link???? ;)

Guest jh787
THANK YOU! Very good shortcut... ;) Can you please tell me how to attach an icon or .png to the link???? ;)

Are you using spb mobile shell.

If not then the method to attach icon will be different

Guest Mighty Warriors
I have spb mobile shell so it has a built in bluetooth toggle.

I have created one for people with omnia 2 (might work with other Omnias) which gets you to the main bluetooth toggle page.

Wow this is great thanks so much. Can i be a bit greedy? For wifi too? LOL Ignore me if I am greedy LOL

Guest sakku
Here you go mate

thanks for your solutions, mate. even that one is not what i want. but i'm quite satisfy on it.

btw, how can i put the icon on those shortcut ? i'm also using spb mobile shell 3.5

Guest Terry666
Are you using spb mobile shell.

If not then the method to attach icon will be different

For the SPB its ok I need to know how to do it in "Programs" (Start)...