Who finds 6.5.x Taskbar buttons ugly?

Guest fattmatt

Guest fattmatt

Since a few of us are now playing with the new 6.5.x builds I have heard a few people comment on the big ugly taskbar buttons, and I agree!

So after seeing a rom with a black theme and black taskbar buttons I decided to make it implementable myself.

See the screenshot below to see what I mean.

post-536211-1271163833_thumb.png

This is what I did.

Install the tacchan23Black theme, restart, then select "tacchan23Black 1" in the theme settings and restart again.

Then install the cab below to "My Device" and restart again and you should have the same taskbar as the pic above.

BlackTaskbarButtons.cab

All the cab contains is the two taskbar buttons files which I changed to all black with paint.

They will install to My Documents/Themes/tacchan23Black overwriting the existing files.

The theme can be found here, credit to tacchan.

http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-verizo...n23black-theme/

I hope someone finds this useful.

Matt.

Guest NewForce
Since a few of us are now playing with the new 6.5.x builds I have heard a few people comment on the big ugly taskbar buttons, and I agree!

fattmatt,

There's easier way to removed the 2 "ugly" button.

Use registry editor,

goto "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Today" and delete the whole "Toolbar" key and then restart device.

Guest yr6666
fattmatt,

Use registry editor,

goto "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Today" and delete the whole "Toolbar" key and then restart device.

haha great, works for me thx..

Guest fattmatt
fattmatt,

Use registry editor,

I knew there would be but I am not that savvy with the registry, thanks mate.

Oh well, if anybody likes to do things the hard way and clutter up their system with unneeded files then my way is GOLD!, lol. ;)

Matt.

Guest Andre Heitor

Hi, i have a question...

I am using JD1, and when I click in some top shortcut, I didn't like the ZOOM of shortcuts top bar.

How to change to the tradicional JC1 top bar shortcut ?

Guest fattmatt

Thanks for the link to that nuelo, I have been looking for that taskbar for a while now.

Matt.

Edited by fattmatt

Guest cicciosprint

So wait a second, since I wanted to customize JD1 before installing it (namely readding the cube and mainmenu amongst a few other tricks) al I have to do to customize the bar is enter the theme folder and change the gfx files? Is there an article on the new theme system of WinMo 6.5.3?