New to WinMo - Please direct me

Guest WinJo69

Hi gang! I am new to Windows Mobile, but I have A LOT of experience with Windows Operating systems. I have the New Omnia II from Verizon. I want to understand how to perform a complete ROM Level Back up and know how to restore it if I was to completely hose the phone.

My Plans are to hack the Registry and Directory structure to remove all of the Verizon Junk and set application installs, Temp files, etc to use the internal Storage or the Memory Card instead of the Main Memory. I've seen a few posts on Main Memory usage, but I don't fully understand it all. When I install my apps, even when I choose to install on 'My Storage' they still appear as installed in 'main storage' - (which is very small). Again, I have no problems hacking up the Registry and directory structures, but if I hose it up and it won't boot anymore I need a way to go back to Factory spec. I'd also like to be able to back it up for restore at certain phases of my tweaks. I do know how to do a Hard Reset, via the UI, but if it won't boot what would I do?

I apologize in advance if I am posting this in the wrong place or missing an existing thread on this topic.

Thanks in advance for your help.