USB charging solved

Guest jc240

Sorry in advance if this solution has already been posted. I was unable to charge using a generic usb charger or by plugging the usb cable into an external battery. I found that if you go to Settings>General Settings>USB Connection>Data Connection>Use Phone as Modem. Then select Connection Via: USB. The phone should now charge with the supplied USB cable and various universal chargers as well as external batteries. As long as your not actually connected to the computer it looks like you still can make calls and have data access.

Guest Shashu
Sorry in advance if this solution has already been posted. I was unable to charge using a generic usb charger or by plugging the usb cable into an external battery. I found that if you go to Settings>General Settings>USB Connection>Data Connection>Use Phone as Modem. Then select Connection Via: USB. The phone should now charge with the supplied USB cable and various universal chargers as well as external batteries. As long as your not actually connected to the computer it looks like you still can make calls and have data access.

What ROM are you using? I can't seem to find this setting in either 6.5.5 (23558) or my stock ROM on the 18000L.