>> ATTENTION ALL AUSTRALIAN I8000 OWNERS <<

Guest veneno

Guest veneno

HI all!

I would like all Australian I8000 owners to post thier Firmware verisions, i am particularly intrested in Eboot and phone parts.

The aim is to understand if changing the phone part will mess up phone bands ,etc with Australian carriers.

I am concerned with upgrading Phone and eboot parts that were desinged for the European market.

I have still my stock eboot and phone parts intalled and currently using PDA_I8000NXXJD1_HW_40.MST & I8000EURJD4.csc. No problems so far with this configuration

PDA: I8000NXXJD1

CSC: I8000EURJD4

PHONE: I8000XXIK3 <- Stock, like when it came outta the box...

Please also post if you had problems with a particular version of Phone , eboot part. What did it affect? Call calrity, Gprs etc?

Thank in advance ;)

Guest Namar
HI all!

I would like all Australian I8000 owners to post thier Firmware verisions, i am particularly intrested in Eboot and phone parts.

The aim is to understand if changing the phone part will mess up phone bands ,etc with Australian carriers.

I am concerned with upgrading Phone and eboot parts that were desinged for the European market.

I have still my stock eboot and phone parts intalled and currently using PDA_I8000NXXJD1_HW_40.MST & I8000EURJD4.csc. No problems so far with this configuration

CSC: I8000EURJD4

PHONE: I8000XXIK3 <- Stock, like when it came outta the box...

Please also post if you had problems with a particular version of Phone , eboot part. What did it affect? Call calrity, Gprs etc?

Thank in advance ;)

Hi. I don't live in Australia but the version of the phone you quoted above looks unbranded to me. The XX to my understanding stands for open market. You will notice that your the pda version also has XX. Your stock ROM does not seem to be associated with any carrier ( I need to be corrected though!)

Guest Terry666

Hi mate

I'm using Vodafone SIM, but I've a small experience with Optus too...

I have done many flashings, almost TO many some say... ;)

As far my experience guides me I'll tell you my opinion.

1st: The PDA is the PDA...

2nd: Eboot looks to me it's only when you flash a major up/down grade ROM.

I've done with and without, but I'm always looking what the chef recommends, few Eboot giving some different RAM results as they determine (I think) the pagepool from 8 to 20MB.

3rd: The CSC for me is the most important for what you asked. My first problem with my currier was with the last ROM from Secany, locked the phone to

ORANGE ( as I choose English/UK language) for the INTERNET and MMS, the phone was calling and accepting calls normally... I had to re-flash ONLY a different CSC, I re-flashed just the CSC no other file...

I faced this problem couple of times again with ORANGE most of the time and once with

T-Mobile (Chinese?)... Unfortunately I can't find ANY Aussie CSC and now I choose a European CSC checking Greek language (as I'm speaking this) or Italian (DON'T PANIC ;) all the Menus and general the language of the phone is English) and I have to just change from the System the location to English/Australia and everything it's ok...

My current combo: PDA: HZHJC2 / CSC: ITVJC1 (the Italian ;) ) Phone: XXJB2

I hope I helped you a bit

Guest bokster

hey... i'm aussie and my phone was bought OS.

I've tried tonnes of roms, eboot, phone and csc with no noticible difference in terms of call quality/reception etc...

GPS was better on WM 6.1 and has again improved since the JC-JD Roms.

in terms of "locking" I don't believe any roms around here lock anything, they just may not auto configure network settings to your provider if they come with operator specific settings ie. orange...

that being said most providers like mine (vodafone) can simply send you an SMS via a link on their website which will auto configure their network settings to solve any connectivity issues (i've sucessfully done it twice now).

NOTE: I'd be more worried about ensuring you have your current rom version backed up should you ever require a warranty service as you'll likely need to flash back before returning.

;)

Edited by bokster

Guest Terry666

I've tried tonnes of roms, eboot, phone and csc with no noticible difference in terms of call quality/reception etc...

in terms of "locking" I don't believe any roms around here lock anything, they just may not auto configure network settings to your provider if they come with operator specific settings ie. orange...

that being said most providers like mine (vodafone) can simply send you an SMS via a link on their website which will auto configure their network settings to solve any connectivity issues (i've sucessfully done it twice now).

NOTE: I'd be more worried about ensuring you have your current rom version backed up should you ever require a warranty service as you'll likely need to flash back before returning.

;)

When I said "locked" I didn't meant I couldn't use the phone... I had to find a way to re-configure my Vodafone SIM and the easiest for me was to re-flash the CSC...

Can you PLEASE give me the specific URL for the SMS from Vodafone as I'm looking LONG time now for something like that?... (I don't like to call the Vodafonr and WAITING for EVER in line)

Guest veneno
Hi. I don't live in Australia but the version of the phone you quoted above looks unbranded to me. The XX to my understanding stands for open market. You will notice that your the pda version also has XX. Your stock ROM does not seem to be associated with any carrier ( I need to be corrected though!)

Namar,

Yes to my understanding XX stands for open market (From the information I've gathered from Google)

This was my Stock ROM

PDA: i8000OPSIK2 now is I8000NXXJD1

CSC: i8000DTIK2 now is I8000EURJD4

PHONE: i8000XXIK3 -- > Remains the same from When i got the phone

I purchased my GTI8000 from OPTUS on a 24m contract, and my stock ROM had all the branding of OPTUS.

I never unlocked the phone nor tried another SIM card to see if it was locked, so i cant verify this...

My PDA and CSC are freshly flashed from here JD1 ROM

Guest veneno
Hi mate

I'm using Vodafone SIM, but I've a small experience with Optus too...

I have done many flashings, almost TO many some say... ;)

As far my experience guides me I'll tell you my opinion.

1st: The PDA is the PDA...

2nd: Eboot looks to me it's only when you flash a major up/down grade ROM.

I've done with and without, but I'm always looking what the chef recommends, few Eboot giving some different RAM results as they determine (I think) the pagepool from 8 to 20MB.

3rd: The CSC for me is the most important for what you asked. My first problem with my currier was with the last ROM from Secany, locked the phone to

ORANGE ( as I choose English/UK language) for the INTERNET and MMS, the phone was calling and accepting calls normally... I had to re-flash ONLY a different CSC, I re-flashed just the CSC no other file...

I faced this problem couple of times again with ORANGE most of the time and once with

T-Mobile (Chinese?)... Unfortunately I can't find ANY Aussie CSC and now I choose a European CSC checking Greek language (as I'm speaking this) or Italian (DON'T PANIC ;) all the Menus and general the language of the phone is English) and I have to just change from the System the location to English/Australia and everything it's ok...

My current combo: PDA: HZHJC2 / CSC: ITVJC1 (the Italian ;) ) Phone: XXJB2

I hope I helped you a bit

Terry666,

Thanks for your information, i have a vague understanding of all for parts of the Flashing process.But i guess experimentation is the best way to learn.LOL

I'm just weary because bricking the phone comes from problems with the EBOOT and PHONE parts >.<

I have a copy of my original ROM that i downloaded from quattro formaggi's Samsung Mobile Firmware Downloader

Is it possible to Downgrade the EBOOT or the PHONE for warranty purposes?

Thanks again!

Guest veneno

;)

bokster,

Thanks for your information.I am slowly building up the courage to try flashing the EBOOT and Phone sections...lol

I find that my stock ROM had the BEST GPS locking time for GARMIN XT. With JD1 ( CSC and PDA only) takes a little longer but locked eventually ( Also had to modify some registry settings).Might be because i have not flashed PHONE and EBOOT.

So far i have tried about 4 different ROMS and my SIM card automatically configures the Service settings, i get a prompt after second boot after flashing new ROM to "install carrier settings from simcard", Is this a OPTUS feature?

I was stupid not to Back up my original ROM, But thankfully i found a copy of my Stock ROM with quattro formaggi's Samsung Mobile Firmware Downloader (Sorry about the previous links guys, not sure what i did >.<)

Thanks again!

Mine was a OPSIK2/DTIK2/XXIK3... Off the shelf unlocked & outright optus "branded" phone.

I have done a couple of roms... JB1 and JD1, CSC was done to SEB and EUR respectively...

I have done my phone to NXXJB1 and found no problems... JD1 gave some errors:

1) When creating new sms from scratch and searching for a name from phone book (within SMS), it would freeze and a soft reset (through back of phone) had to be done.

2) When Owner information is set, it blocks out the lock screen. A tap would unlock it and no clock info or unlock slider was present... ugly...

3) I cannot replace sys tray icons (Batt, Ant, Connection, Clock font) and when i follow steps, (install SDKCerts then icon set) and install, after the reboot all icons are gone and bottom and top looks blank and black.

If you feel that i have taken bad steps, PLEASE Let me KNOW >.<

but the new layout was nice to play with.

If you are worried about flashing the CSC and not sure to which code, use SEB. If you are using an Optus Sim, it will automatically download the appropriate settings from Optus through the SIM and program it to the phone. Not sure about other carriers but i assume it would do the same... the CSC code didnt affect me in any way... just the default regional settings were changed to a european country...

As for eBoot, i didnt touch... as it wasnt major like 6.1 to 6.5.. the OPSIK2 is WM 6.5 so i didnt... and its all working good.

My Current Rom Ver.

PDA: I8000NXXJB1 (Secany's Feb 10th Rom)

CSC: I8000SEBJB1

Phone: I8000NXXJB1

eBoot: I8000XXIK3 (i assume....)

Edited by M102

Guest HydroBoy

I've just installed JD3 and have come across a problem with contact phone number matching.

Best explained in an example:

I have a contact called John Smith with a phone number of +61401234567, and that is how it looks in the contact record.

When John sends me an sms, the sms comes from +61401234567 and the phone tells me John Smith <+61401234567>.

However when John calls me, the phone just shows 0401234567 and does not match it to a contact.

I changed johns number to +61 (4) 01234567 with the same result.

I changed johns number to 0401234567 and now:

When John sends me an sms, the phone just shows +61401234567 and does not match it to a contact.

However when John calls me, the phone shows John Smith 0401234567.

This also happens the same in JD1.

I tried secany's JB1 (win mobile 6.5) and everything works as it should, it shows John Smith for both the SMS and the Incoming Calls.

I am running these versions:

PDA: I8000NXXJD3

CSC: I8000EURJD5

Phone: I8000XXIH7 (phone came with this).

Not sure what the Eboot is, i haven't touched that. All i have upgraded from factory is the PDA and CSC parts.

Does anyone have any ideas or experienced this problem themselves?

It is an Australian I8000 bought from Optus.

Thanks.

Guest HydroBoy
I've just installed JD3 and have come across a problem with contact phone number matching.

Best explained in an example:

I have a contact called John Smith with a phone number of +61401234567, and that is how it looks in the contact record.

When John sends me an sms, the sms comes from +61401234567 and the phone tells me John Smith <+61401234567>.

However when John calls me, the phone just shows 0401234567 and does not match it to a contact.

I changed johns number to +61 (4) 01234567 with the same result.

I changed johns number to 0401234567 and now:

When John sends me an sms, the phone just shows +61401234567 and does not match it to a contact.

However when John calls me, the phone shows John Smith 0401234567.

This also happens the same in JD1.

I tried secany's JB1 (win mobile 6.5) and everything works as it should, it shows John Smith for both the SMS and the Incoming Calls.

I am running these versions:

PDA: I8000NXXJD3

CSC: I8000EURJD5

Phone: I8000XXIH7 (phone came with this).

Not sure what the Eboot is, i haven't touched that. All i have upgraded from factory is the PDA and CSC parts.

Does anyone have any ideas or experienced this problem themselves?

It is an Australian I8000 bought from Optus.

Thanks.

I have fixed it. I reflashed the CSC with I8000SEBJD5 and it all works fine now.

Guest veneno
I have fixed it. I reflashed the CSC with I8000SEBJD5 and it all works fine now.

HydroBoy,

How is ya?

Mate, where did you downlaod I8000SEBJD5- CSC from?

I have searched and cannot seem to find it >.<

Thanks!

Guest veneno

HydroBoy,

Thanks for your reply!

I have read all the post in that topic and they all state they are CSC_I8000NXXJD5, i haven't downloaded any as the seem to be diffrent to what ou said you used >.<

Are you sure that its SEBJD5? I couldnt find it on Quattro Formaggi's Mobile Firmware downloader either....

I am Currently using I8000EURJD5.Its a greek Multi CSC, all i did was change the regoinal settings to Australia.

I havent tested the SMS yet so i have to see.

Thanks!

Guest HydroBoy
HydroBoy,

Thanks for your reply!

I have read all the post in that topic and they all state they are CSC_I8000NXXJD5, i haven't downloaded any as the seem to be diffrent to what ou said you used >.<

Are you sure that its SEBJD5? I couldnt find it on Quattro Formaggi's Mobile Firmware downloader either....

I am Currently using I8000EURJD5.Its a greek Multi CSC, all i did was change the regoinal settings to Australia.

I havent tested the SMS yet so i have to see.

Thanks!

It is the one CSC_I8000NXXJD5 that i downloaded, it is a multi CSC. In Octans, after you choose the MultiCSC file, you can then select which one inside it to use, so I selected SEBJD5 (see attachment).

Cheers.

post-666801-1272322777_thumb.jpg

Guest Pijiu

3 Australia

Was:

PDA: I8000TMBIL1

CSC: I8000THUTIL2

PHONE: I8000TMBIL1

Is now:

PHONE: I8000TMBIL1

Have not changed Eboot, CSC or PHONE......everything still working fine.

Guest veneno
It is the one CSC_I8000NXXJD5 that i downloaded, it is a multi CSC. In Octans, after you choose the MultiCSC file, you can then select which one inside it to use, so I selected SEBJD5 (see attachment).

Cheers.

HydroBoy,

Thanks for your reply!

I i thought it would of been that file, I will give it a go tomorrow. I cant turn my phone on till tomorrow, i just installed the "InvisibleShield"

Thanks again!

Guest hillage

I got my phone about 7 days ago, one of the 2GB Three phones.

PDA: I8000TMBIL1

Phone: I8000TMBIL1

THe samsung widget seems the major culprit of draining batery power. BUt i really want my phone to work as a business phone. I hate my other half's Iphone.

Maps are something else i really want to get working.

I guess the first thing i am trying to figure out is do i need to extract the data from the phone i have before i try flasing it with something else?

So many comments, sometimes they seem to leave out all the stapes for newbies like me.

I really wish i could find a topic that covered: "What are the benefits of flashing your phone"

Guest jlccarv

3's stock ROM sucks sooo much battery its a joke!

because the ROM parts for 3's ICON aren't on Samsung's Firmware Servers, we can only back up (and therefore flash) the PDA part of our original ROM via a direct dump by using the ROM dumping tool on listed in the stickies. So before you flash any custom ROM, make sure you dump your original ROM. then read up on the flashing procedure in the stickies to flash a custom ROM. good luck