thekevster's DC22 6.5 ROMs 23563

Guest thekevster

Guest robertjm

Is anyone else having issues with their blue tooth connectivity?

I can pair my headset (Motorola HT710) with the phone and make/receive calls. However, after 5-10 minutes triggering with the headset button becomes non-responsive, including to answering calls.

If I answer the call by clicking on the green hard button the audio will get transfered to the headset and I can have a conversation. However, it still doesn't go back to working. Even after repairing of the headset the above behavior repeats.

Just flashed to the ROM yesterday so that's why I was wondering if it's just me, or if others are experiencing this.

Robert

Guest thekevster
Hey Kev, do you have a cab for Office 10, I think it's missing in the ROM.

apparently 23563 was missing a portion of the SYS package and didnt get cooked in properly. unfortunately i don't know how to create a cab from a SYS package, but i'm going to cook new versions today with office 2010 fixed.

if anyone knows how to create a cab from a SYS please let me know. i can create a cab easily, i just dont know how to convert the SYS to the proper files.

+1

Also, has anybody problems with fm radio? I can't get it work. Attached headset but no sound at all. Headset works ok, just checked with Skype. "Speaker On" menu item is disabled....

p.s. Rom is working great, patched touchflo for my city and everything looks well.

not sure why FM Radio isnt working. i've tried installing every fm radio cab i could find on top of it, i even tried cooking a rom without fm radio in and installed the cab after flashing and still no luck. i'll try my best to figure out what the problem is and get it fixed

Hey Kev, the rom looks great! One note, in the M2D rom you have the link for YouTube on the internet tab but you don't have the app cooked in.

stuff that wasn't crucial to the operation and cosmetics of the ROM i left out, when an EXT is cooked in it puts the files into \Windows and then copies it to \Program Files thus doubling the memory used, so i try to leave out what can be added as a cab later

Is anyone else having issues with their blue tooth connectivity?

I can pair my headset (Motorola HT710) with the phone and make/receive calls. However, after 5-10 minutes triggering with the headset button becomes non-responsive, including to answering calls.

If I answer the call by clicking on the green hard button the audio will get transfered to the headset and I can have a conversation. However, it still doesn't go back to working. Even after repairing of the headset the above behavior repeats.

Just flashed to the ROM yesterday so that's why I was wondering if it's just me, or if others are experiencing this.

Robert

i can't say i've had this problem, but i havent had a chance to test bluetooth other than to see if it connected. i'll charge my headset today and try to give it some thorough testing to see if its a problem with the ROM

Guest D_ROCK

Looks great! I went to one of your roms after another DC22 was killing my battery every few hours. Yours has been great. My only small complaint is with the samsung keyboard, it doesn't appear to be the one that displays the characters above the keys when pressed. I may have missed it but I didn't see it.

-Deric

Guest thekevster
Here's a link for office 10.cab everyone. Office10 special thanks to pep for addressing the issue rapidly.

thanks for finding and and posting xcapone!

and thanks pep for the cab!

The button shortcut for the camera is not working. Is there a way to redirect the shortcut?

are you talking about the long press of the camera button on the side? if so then go to start -> settings -> personal -> buttons

and change the camera hold to something other than camera and save it, then change it back to camera and it should work.

i think the problem is that when i exported the settings for the button mapping, i was using a different version of camera.exe.

Looks great! I went to one of your roms after another DC22 was killing my battery every few hours. Yours has been great. My only small complaint is with the samsung keyboard, it doesn't appear to be the one that displays the characters above the keys when pressed. I may have missed it but I didn't see it.

-Deric

the skin for the keyboard wasnt made for the display of the characters above the keyboard. i can upload a version that has that functionality in a cab, but it will be the stock color of the keyboard.

Guest thekevster
Kevster,

I decided to try your ROM (instead of my own with your theme) and I like your ROM - I think my DC22 implementation is wrong, since I had problems with my ROM yet yours doesn't have those issues.

Anyway, I see you already have Opera Mobile 10 installed in the ROM. Is there a way to get Opera 10 to be the default browser? That's why I always installed it myself after I flashed, so that I could answer the question to have it be the default browser.

Thanks.

/Chimp

finally found a fix. isntall the cab attached to this post to device memory

Opera_Mobile_10_reg.cab

Guest robertjm

Bluetooth working again so the problem is intermittent.

Totally unrelated issue, but when I go into my M2D settings and click on the Wallpaper (Homescreen Background) icon nothing happens. All the other icons under M2D take me somewhere.

Guest xcapone
Bluetooth working again so the problem is intermittent.

Totally unrelated issue, but when I go into my M2D settings and click on the Wallpaper (Homescreen Background) icon nothing happens. All the other icons under M2D take me somewhere.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe that tab works in M2D. You can use M2DC but it has to be .png format and I'd recommend 200 x 400 pixels as thats the resolution of your device and anything else will look, well god awful.

M2DC is under utilities.

Edited by xcapone

Guest woodsptw
thanks for finding and and posting xcapone!

and thanks pep for the cab!

are you talking about the long press of the camera button on the side? if so then go to start -> settings -> personal -> buttons

and change the camera hold to something other than camera and save it, then change it back to camera and it should work.

i think the problem is that when i exported the settings for the button mapping, i was using a different version of camera.exe.

the skin for the keyboard wasnt made for the display of the characters above the keyboard. i can upload a version that has that functionality in a cab, but it will be the stock color of the keyboard.

I have the issue with the camera not launching. It is configured.. just not working with the long press.

I haven't tried bluetooth yet but on initial use w/o it the battery is good.

One question. how do you rotate the screen when you want to move from portrait to landscape?

Guest xcapone
I have the issue with the camera not launching. It is configured.. just not working with the long press.

I haven't tried bluetooth yet but on initial use w/o it the battery is good.

One question. how do you rotate the screen when you want to move from portrait to landscape?

The camera issue can be resolved by selecting something random for the camera button under settings>personal> buttons and saving and exiting, and then reentering the menu and reselect camera as default. Should be good to go after that, and kevs got those instructions up also :huh:

The bluetooth was just being finicky as the poster with the issue stated.

To switch from portrait to landscape, first enable it under settings > system > motion sensor then select automatic.

After that you should just be able to turn the phone.

-or-

program a hard button to switch orientation, with the same method you used to fix the camera... its one of the options on the drop down.

and that should do ya.

Guest robertjm

Thanks xcapone! This is my first attempt at using M2D vs. Titanium so didn't know there was a separate program to configure it. Only makes sense. After all there is chome Editor for Titanium!

Robert

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe that tab works in M2D. You can use M2DC but it has to be .png format and I'd recommend 200 x 400 pixels as thats the resolution of your device and anything else will look, well god awful.

M2DC is under utilities.

Guest guy_incognito262

Thanks, got the camera working by using the tip to reassign the button to any other random function, then reselecting the camera.

Guest bluematrix64

Kev,

Using your 23563 titanium only version. I noticed after a soft reset of the XD_UC that the fancy buttons on the front titanium screen reverted back to the bland ole white buttons...

If I hit the windows button in the bottom left, the start menu buttons are back to the fancy colored buttons.

Is there a way I can get the colored buttons back on the front screen??? Not sure what I'm doing wrong here.

Guest Alex_UA
not sure why FM Radio isnt working. i've tried installing every fm radio cab i could find on top of it, i even tried cooking a rom without fm radio in and installed the cab after flashing and still no luck. i'll try my best to figure out what the problem is and get it fixed

Thanks!

About bluetooth connectivity - connected Soyo and Jabra BT800 without any problems.

Guest NilsE
Kev,

Using your 23563 titanium only version. I noticed after a soft reset of the XD_UC that the fancy buttons on the front titanium screen reverted back to the bland ole white buttons...

If I hit the windows button in the bottom left, the start menu buttons are back to the fancy colored buttons.

Is there a way I can get the colored buttons back on the front screen??? Not sure what I'm doing wrong here.

Did you install a task bar with XDA_UC without installing sdkcerts first? That is the typical outcome if you did.

Guest Alex_UA
Try this version of FMRadio from my repo. It works on my ROM's and should would on his.

http://www.4shared.com/file/M29mJVp1/FMRadio.html

Doesn't work :huh:

p.s. Stupid question - how to return (or get) the wallpaper from the Touchflo theme? Accidentally selected a picture as wallpaper, then selected no wallpaper, but I see original wallpaper on the touchflo screen, but background of start menu shows windows theme picture.

Here is original wallpaper:

pic1au.jpg

Background for the lock-screen and start menu items:

pic2y.jpg

No picture is selected as background:

pic3vb.jpg

Guest bluematrix64
Did you install a task bar with XDA_UC without installing sdkcerts first? That is the typical outcome if you did.

Nope, Just a soft re-set after initial flash...

I'll just re-flash and see if that corrects it.

Guest xcapone

p.s. Stupid question - how to return (or get) the wallpaper from the Touchflo theme? Accidentally selected a picture as wallpaper, then selected no wallpaper, but I see original wallpaper on the touchflo screen, but background of start menu shows windows theme picture.

pic1au.jpg

pic2y.jpg

pic3vb.jpg

You have to use M2DC under utilities to edit the background. Also, it have to be in .png format as well as be the correct-ish resolution.

Don't quiet know how to change it back to the original, however.

Edited by xcapone

Guest bobzoron

pic1au.jpg

pic2y.jpg

pic3vb.jpg

maybe the file is found at My Device\Windows\stwater_240_400.jpg? that's where i found the background file from the previous build.

Edited by bobzoron

Guest quantel1

I installed the Flotanium on my I910 and I cannot for the life of me enter the start menu, whenever I hit the start button I go into Showcase. Any ideas?

Guest EBourlet

Like flotaniaum thanks for the work. Any idea where I can find a Smart Reader .cab? I use it at work all the time and miss it. Thanks.

Edited by EBourlet

Guest bobzoron
Here's a link for office 10.cab everyone. Office10 special thanks to pep for addressing the issue rapidly.

When I install, it says it's office 6.1?

Kev, your m2d build is rock solid. hope you have a chance to re-upload your m2d with office 2010 cooked in.

Edited by bobzoron