Verizon i920 Update

Guest jharbin

Samsung has a new update for the Verizon i920 just added to the website. It is listed as 1.0.1.9.

Anyone have any idea what, if anything, is new? There isn't any new documentation on the site yet.

Guest the sandman

i went to the site and it wont even let me download it, i click on the link for it but nothing happens. will this update delete everything off my phone?

Edit: nvm i just had a pop-up blocker on

Edited by the sandman

Guest jpenman
i went to the site and it wont even let me download it, i click on the link for it but nothing happens. will this update delete everything off my phone?

Edit: nvm i just had a pop-up blocker on

Did you install it? If you did do you know what the changes are?

Guest the sandman

No I didn't cuz I didn't want to delete everything on my phone, which has to be done in order to do the update. I doubt it's worth it tho

I'll just wait til someone else does it and tells us what's new lol

Guest jharbin
Samsung has a new update for the Verizon i920 just added to the website. It is listed as 1.0.1.9.

Anyone have any idea what, if anything, is new? There isn't any new documentation on the site yet.

There is now a Windows 7 version of the update - choose software and then open the PDF and choose the correct link:

http://www.samsung.com/us/consumer/mobile/...amp;tab=support

Guest BONQU

This is from the Samsung site

http://ars.samsung.com/customer/usa/jsp/fa...mp;AT_ID=226255

Microsoft Windows Mobile AKU Update to 5.0.87.

Various Updates and Improvements have been made to the User Interface. Calendars and Call logs.

Unit Converter currency comparison issues fixed.

Password Lock issue - Voice Recognition Application can no longer be launched while the device is locked.

Applied Verizon Wireless ERI Device Requirement Update.

Internet Explorer (IE) Browser Rotation issue – The IE browser can now be viewed in landscape mode.

Multiple Bluetooth updates.

Streaming Video issue – When receiving a call while Streaming Video the device will now place stream into pause state during call instead of disconnecting stream, and will resume streaming upon completion of the call.

LED disable option has been added.

Guest fastpakr
Password Lock issue - Voice Recognition Application can no longer be launched while the device is locked.

So with the update, if my phone locks automatically after inactivity I won't be able to launch VR without manually unlocking the phone? That sounds like a terrible idea.

Guest dwallersv
So with the update, if my phone locks automatically after inactivity I won't be able to launch VR without manually unlocking the phone? That sounds like a terrible idea.

Hmmm... I'm hoping it's the opposite. When the phone is locked with S2U2 Nuance does not start when activated from BT.

I never tried it with the standard lock... gonna check it out.

If it's the same, then maybe (hooray!) they fixed this problem? Damn that would be nice.