Problem with Garmin XT

Guest Phoenix_uy

Hello,

I have a problem with my i8000 and the Garmin XT, i installed and configured like the manuals i have read on this forum like this:

GPS Program port: COM7

GPS Hardware port: COM9

Baud rate: 9600

The last check is checked in this configuration window.

And in the Garmin XT the port says COM7:COM7:

The problem is that it never get satellites.. in the window where i can see the satellites signal i see that the bars appear and the color of they are blue, and the signal is good (i can see the satellites in the circle) but never get the 3d navigation, i dont know why, i have turn it for a long time (about 30-40 min) and nothing happend, the bars are there and i see the satellites, but i never get the 3d navigation.

Can you hellpme please?

I'm sorry for my bad english, my natal language is spanish, if some one speaks it, please talk in spanish ;)

Thanks to all!!!

Guest skoda60
Hello,

I have a problem with my i8000 and the Garmin XT, i installed and configured like the manuals i have read on this forum like this:

GPS Program port: COM7

GPS Hardware port: COM9

Baud rate: 9600

The last check is checked in this configuration window.

And in the Garmin XT the port says COM7:COM7:

The problem is that it never get satellites.. in the window where i can see the satellites signal i see that the bars appear and the color of they are blue, and the signal is good (i can see the satellites in the circle) but never get the 3d navigation, i dont know why, i have turn it for a long time (about 30-40 min) and nothing happend, the bars are there and i see the satellites, but i never get the 3d navigation.

Can you hellpme please?

I'm sorry for my bad english, my natal language is spanish, if some one speaks it, please talk in spanish ;)

Thanks to all!!!

Since Garmin can detected the com7, It should worked. BTW Omnia2 GPS also need in phone mode.

You can also used the intermediate driver.

post-433401-1271733870_thumb.png

Guest ttrevelian

Hi there,

I had the same issue after flashing a new 6.5.5 rom anyway I was visiting to argentina so at the time I didn't know if it was rom, gps or crappy reception overthere.

After a lot of testing what helped me was dissabling A-GPS (XTRA) changing to Program port COM6 Baud Rate:9600 I can get a fix i 1 to 2 minutes which is normal waitting time.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EN ESPAÑOL

Me sucedio lo mismo mientras estaba de viaje por Argentina usando una nueva rom 6.5.5. En el momento no sabia si el problema era por la rom, gps o que en el pais (dentro de la cuidad) la recepción era muy mala. El problema fue resuelto desabilitando el servidor XTRA (usando el menu de opciones samsung) cambiando el puerto a COM6 en la configuracion de gps y Baud rate 9600, espero que te sirva de ayuda.