Help guys!! my phone won't turn on!

Guest mattb777

Hi guys, you've been so helpful to me in customising this great phone i thought i'd start a topic to see if anyone can possibly help me!

A few days ago the battery drained on my phone, no biggie usually, but now i can't get my phone to turn on or charge or do anything!

I've tried plugging it into my charger and turning it on thinking it was just my battery that was the issue but still it doesn't want to turn on.

I've connected it to the computer with still no sign of life and even tried a hard reset pressing the button combinations.

I can't see any reason why this has happened as the battery has run out many times before with no damage to the phone and this seems

like a very unlikely occurence.

If anyone out there has any idea on what has happened, any suggestions on what may be wrong or how to fix it, any advice, or just any

sympathy ;) that would be much appreciated

Happy customising to all you lucky people with a phone that is currently working!

Guest mattb777

@darkworldzz,

my rom is Sonblack's JC1 wm 6.5.3 with the UK eboot selected. The phone was not doing anything before it happens (i think). I turned it on in the morning with little battery, went out for a few hours while it sat at home, and then came back to find the battery drained and it not turning one ;).

my computer won't even detect it so i don't think octans has any chance?

@stn,

I've had it plugged in to a wallcharger for over 4 hours and it still hasnt wanted to turn on.

thanks for your replies guys, ill wait to hear any more suggestions or update you if i manage to fix it myself.

Guest KSPAMS

Li-ion batteries are not as durable as nickel metal hydride or nickel-cadmium designs,[citation needed] and can be extremely dangerous if mistreated. They may suffer thermal runaway and cell rupture if overheated or if charged to an excessively high voltage. In extreme cases, these effects may be described as "explosive." Furthermore, they may be irreversibly damaged if discharged below a certain voltage. To reduce these risks, lithium-ion batteries generally contain a small circuit that shuts down the battery when it is discharged below about 3 V or charged above about 4.2 V. In normal use, the battery is therefore prevented from being deeply discharged. When stored for long periods, however, the small current drawn by the protection circuitry may drain the battery below the protection circuit's lower limit, in which case normal chargers are unable to recharge the battery. More sophisticated battery analyzers can recharge deeply discharged cells by slow-charging them to reactivate the safety circuit and allow the battery to accept charge again. ~Wikipedia~

Edited by KSPAMS

Guest barki82

Well my Omnia Pro had the same symptoms, It didn't charge from both wall and pc and I couldn't turn it on. But I know why it happened. I made one mistake. I borrowed from my friend common reduction from 12V car plug to USB, something like on this picture

post-620408-1271937611_thumb.jpg

I wanted to try if the data cable is able to charge the phone in the car. But my friend didn't told me that he modified it, and there is 12V voltage on the middle wires. As we all know common usb interface has 5V voltage. So it damaged some electronic parts inside. After this I couldn't charge anymore, and when the battery drained, I couldn't start the phone. So I went to the service center, hoping that they will not find something that will cancel the warranty. Fortunately they didn't. They changed the motherboard and the system connector (micro USB) and they recorded the same IMEI I had before. I didn't pay anything.

So my suggestion is to take it to closest service point, becuase I think its hardware issue.

Edited by barki82

Guest darkworldzz

hmm so you did not try octans?? could it be eboot?? or it could be hardware problem as they say... so samsung service center is yor best solution...

Guest Rapid81

When a Li-ion battery discharged deeply, the usual chargers can't charge it.

Do this:

Find an 5V adapter and a digital multimeter. Find the batteries negative and positive poluses with the multimeter. Put the adapters negative and positive wires to the batteries negative and positive poluses. Leave it that way about 10-15 minutes, maybe 20. After that, put it back on the phone and put it on the charger. Now the charger will charge it. I faced this issue with my old phone back then. It worked. Good luck! :huh:

Edited by Rapid81

Guest mattb777

Thanks for all the info guys, i finally managed to fix it and yes it was a "deeply discharged" battery!

The phone would not connect to pc, charger or get recognised by anything.

If anyone has this same problem after their battery goes flat i'd suggest getting a proper charger and plug the phone in for a

loonnnnnnng period of time. I left mine in the charger over the whole day and night till the next day and it finally turned on

and is now fully functional :huh:

Thanks again guys, I have a feeling that without all this advice I would have just ended up buying a new phone at the great

expense of my wallet

• 9 months later...

sorry to bump this old thread, but i had the same problem and found a solution, so i want to share it in case someone else needs it.

i woke up yesterday and my phone was off due to empty battery. i couldn't charge it either with usb nor wall charger. i was desperate, started thinking it's something serious, and then i stumbled upon this thread. so i realized it's possible that my battery is "stuck" because it was emptied flat. i left the phone on a wall charger for whole day, night and the following morning (this morning), but it still didn't work. so this whole morning i was really angry and then, half an hour ago, an idea crossed my mind... if my battery is "asleep", maybe i should "wake it up". i realized i've got nothing to loose (aside battery), so i took the battery out, and shocked it's contacts twice with a simple, empty electronic cigarette lighter, (something like this http://img20.imageshack.us/i/electroniccigaretteligh.jpg/). i hooked the phone to a wall charger without hoping, but as soon as i plugged the cable in, charging indicator showed up on screen! :lol: i was amazed, really couldn't believe it, but it works and thanks God for that, because i was going nuts. :)