I8000NXXJD7 - official

Guest siemi1-OmniaII

Guest Alex K.S.Lim
Just flashed it. It is faster than the JC ROMS but not faster than the JD ROMS. I think is the same. For those who like 6.5 is perfect. For those who like 6.5.3 is not. I'm going back to the 6.5.3 rom.

The player on this one DOES support .srt subs but still, in landscape mode they are wrong placed and still not showing on tv... SHAME TO YOU SAMSUNG!!!! I'm really angry with this s***! Are the people working in samsung completely worthless????

4544514177_c9303b252b_o.png

Could you please extract and share with us the MainMenu.exe?

Thanx.

Guest viewdetails
Is this rom fast and smooth?

Yes it is, and the power lasts for two and a half days with normal operation. (3G, sometimes wifi, email sync, etc.)

Edited by viewdetails

Guest mfsav2

I'm slightly confused.

Does it exist an official 6.5.3 or 6.5.5 ?

I'm right now I8000NXXJC1 which is the best latest ?

Edited by mfsav2

Guest Dacal2010
I'm slightly confused.

Does it exist an official 6.5.3 or 6.5.5 ?

I'm right now I8000NXXJC1 which is the best latest ?

6.5.0 : JD4 (in this tread) is the latest ROM for this OS (for me, lot better than JC1 : faster,...)

6.5.3 : JD3 is the latest official ROM (available on Samsung server), a lot of bugs (see appropriate tread).

Personnaly, i prefer JD4. I wait for next 6.5.3 release, expecting something more stable.

Dacal

Guest dextro_
Yes it is, and the power lasts for two and a half days with normal operation. (3G, sometimes wifi, email sync, etc.)

thnks for the answer. Can you tell something more? samsung sms is now faster? like when we receive a message it takes about 10seg to open the JInbox.. so I'm using the wnmo default sms..

Guest Georgepalmer20

Hi guys,

Just got my i8000 from some guy on eBay and when I turned it on there was no cube or widgets or any of that stuff that are the phone's main selling points.

I've read A LOT of your posts about which version of the PDA everyone is on...I'm on JA5 - is that why I haven't got all those things? If I upgrade to JD3 or 4 will they all appear? Also, I can't find the posts on how to actually do the upgrade... can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks so much, you can't imagine how long I've spent trying to sort this all out!

George

Guest viewdetails
thnks for the answer. Can you tell something more? samsung sms is now faster? like when we receive a message it takes about 10seg to open the JInbox.. so I'm using the wnmo default sms..

Actually, I use the PointUI today screen, which links into the WM message manager, so I don't have a real experiences for an objective comparison. If I open the "bubble message manager" from the Start Menu, it's seems to be fast enough, not takes for seconds.

If you use JB3 or later, it's worth to upgrade in my opinion.

Guest viewdetails
Hi guys,

Just got my i8000 from some guy on eBay and when I turned it on there was no cube or widgets or any of that stuff that are the phone's main selling points.

I've read A LOT of your posts about which version of the PDA everyone is on...I'm on JA5 - is that why I haven't got all those things? If I upgrade to JD3 or 4 will they all appear? Also, I can't find the posts on how to actually do the upgrade... can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks so much, you can't imagine how long I've spent trying to sort this all out!

George

If you press the Cube button (between the call manager buttons), it should appear. If do not, then search for the "Assign Button" option in Settings menu and set the function.

Guest dextro_
Hi guys,

George

to flash the new rom you follow this tutorial. JD3 don't have the cube neither... and the widget from samsung you can try the cab from thread of twu2 JD1 lite rom :huh:... your rom have winmo 6.1 or 6.5? I'm using JD1 lite and it's cool and I have 92mb free ram with soft reset :P

Guest Georgepalmer20

Hi again,

Thanks for the advice. However, I've not got it to work. I got the Octan downloader on my computer, changed the settings in Device Manager etc etc.

I then got a bit lost. The Octans thing just says "waiting for device" the whole time and I'm not sure how to get the whole thing going. Should I be changing the CSC file or the eBoot and PDA ones too? Why is this all so complicated?!? And why does WMDC tell me that my firmware is completely updated when it's clearly not! I'm on 6.5 and

PDA: I8000NXXJA5

CSC: I8000ITVJC1 at the moment and it's really starting to p&%$ me off now! lol

Is there like an idiot's guide to all this? or a helpline?

Am I right in thinking that the Octans program will convert my PDA etc files to the file type I need and then device manager in control panel will actually do the replacing of the files..or have I lost the plot completely?

G

Guest dextro_

you have to plug in your phone (turned off) to your computer. after that the computer install the drivers MIT (i think) after that reboot pc and unplug your phone.when computer boot open octans, open the files pda and csc. Click detect and plug your phone (turned off once again)... try it.

I suggest yout to use the JD1 lite rom or JD3 lite rom from twu2 thread :huh:

good luck

Guest 206bw

Tried this last night, don't notice any difference in speed between this and the euro JC1

Main menu is pretty fast, but still a tiny bit of lag. The korean version is still better.

Xtra menu is gone, back to the old AGPS menu.

Widgets on TouchWizs still reloads everytime i switch between screen, and still lags.

looks like I'll be going back to Euro JC1 light

thanks

Edited by 206bw

Guest dextro_

I'm using JD1 lite from twu2 and it's fine but samsung apps are to slow opening, etc.. I hope samsung do something fast and smooth with their apps... can you tell me where can i get pointUI today ?

Guest Terry666
Guest Terry666
this is for me?

Was for "_joker" but I make a MISTAKE the "PHONE" Doesn't missing.... :huh: I'm sorry everyone.... :P :blink: :o

Edited by Terry666