Problems with Auto Call Recorder on WM 6.5.x on OMNIA 2

Guest milanp

Dear All,

I have been using Auto Call Recorder software for a long time on my previous Touch HD. (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=536472)

I have been a happy HTC user for the last 5 years.

A month ago I decided to "upgrade" to Samsung Omnia I8000 with 8GB internal memory.

And went directly to this forum as the best place for support for OMNIA devices.

Ever since I have been trying to find a rom/application combo which works for automatic recording of phone calls.

I flashed allmost all the 6.5.x roms and I always face the same problem.

Initially the call recording works, but after a while it simply stops recording.

After a reset it goes to normal and after a while it stop recording again.

It seems that windows is killing the service for call recording.

I tried the trials of Resco Audio Recorder 4.62 and Vito Audio Touch 1.03, and the problems are the same.

All the applications stop recording after a while.

Does anyone know how to fix this problem ?

Has anyone had success with pure 6.5 ROM and ACR?

Thanks in advance

Guest msra6la2
Dear All,

I have been using Auto Call Recorder software for a long time on my previous Touch HD. (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=536472)

I have been a happy HTC user for the last 5 years.

A month ago I decided to "upgrade" to Samsung Omnia I8000 with 8GB internal memory.

And went directly to this forum as the best place for support for OMNIA devices.

Ever since I have been trying to find a rom/application combo which works for automatic recording of phone calls.

I flashed allmost all the 6.5.x roms and I always face the same problem.

Initially the call recording works, but after a while it simply stops recording.

After a reset it goes to normal and after a while it stop recording again.

It seems that windows is killing the service for call recording.

I tried the trials of Resco Audio Recorder 4.62 and Vito Audio Touch 1.03, and the problems are the same.

All the applications stop recording after a while.

Does anyone know how to fix this problem ?

Has anyone had success with pure 6.5 ROM and ACR?

Thanks in advance

I used JC2 WM6.5 rom and I have no problem with voice call audio recorder

Guest sinancetinkaya

Do not waste your time

I opened a similar topic and I said ACR, Vito etc it's not working. People always said no it's working (may be they know only the record function of wm6.5 dialer)

in older than JDx updates, I could solve this issue by disabling proximity sensor. Because when you put your headset to your ear, Samsung's proximity sensor is putting the device sleep mode for saving battery.

In JDx updates, this time MS dialer(checking light sensor) and samsung's proximity sensor both are putting it sleep mode.

Only resco audio recorder is working. It's working as a windows service. I asked ACR's developer to modify it as a windows service, but there is no update so far

As a result I gave up and I'm using my own wm6.1 without proximity sensor.

Guest milanp

sinancetinkaya

I can confirm that none of the softwares work on 6.5.x versions.

I make 40-50 calls in a working day on average.

Most of the time Resco works, but sometimes it fails, I have to restart the service.

It usually happens after the Windows makes cleanup with the memory and closes application.

so I suspect it is not the proximity sensor.

Every time the recording softwares stop working either ACRMAIN.EXE or the service for the Resco Audio Recorder is killed.

So I have to restart it.

BTW which of your roms is working with ACR or Resco ?

http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-...lite-lite-roms/

Guest sinancetinkaya
sinancetinkaya

I can confirm that none of the softwares work on 6.5.x versions.

I make 40-50 calls in a working day on average.

Most of the time Resco works, but sometimes it fails, I have to restart the service.

It usually happens after the Windows makes cleanup with the memory and closes application.

so I suspect it is not the proximity sensor.

Every time the recording softwares stop working either ACRMAIN.EXE or the service for the Resco Audio Recorder is killed.

So I have to restart it.

BTW which of your roms is working with ACR or Resco ?

http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-...lite-lite-roms/

I said, before JD1 it was related to proximity sensor, JD1 came with 6.5.x which made everything worse

Download my latest wm6.1 rom that I shared today, flash it. Then you will see two cab files in programs/advanced folder. Install disable proximity sensor cab, then install ACR 1.2.3 or whatever you want. Restart device

Edited by sinancetinkaya

Guest sinancetinkaya
resco recorder works fine with your rom for me.. it records every call that i make..

Yes I know, I already said that. But it's a commercial program.

Besides I like ACR more

Guest silvos3189

so these free or commercial audio recording programs only works to record the full duration of the call if the screen is on during the call? Is there a way to turn the screen off while your talking and still have it record everything?

Guest sinancetinkaya
so these free or commercial audio recording programs only works to record the full duration of the call if the screen is on during the call? Is there a way to turn the screen off while your talking and still have it record everything?

Resco audio recorder has an option for that

Guest ednakram

I have a similar issue would be indebted for any help:

I have a Samsung Omnia Pro B7610 with winmo 6.1 pre-installed ROM. I am trying to use record calls

using three different methods:

1) The "Audio Note" option that comes within the phone when a call is going on.

2) Using the ACR software (Automatic Call Recorder)

3) Using the Resco Audio recorder.

In all three I am facing the same problem that the person on the other side

is loud and crystal clear whereas my own voice sound is very very low.

I have tried both the headset and without it, if I speak very loudly into

my headset mouthpiece only then I can hear a faint whisper of my voice in the

recordings. What could be the problem here?

I think this is different to the problem people mostly get, i.e. they cant hear the

person on the other side well enough.

Thanks a ton in advance for your help!!!