Does your Omnia performs like this?

Hi there,

I just stumbled across this video on Youtube..its a very old video showing an Omnia 2 with Windows Mobile 6.5

I noticed that the performance was really great and fast, on Titanium, scrolling the WM start menu, etc... and just look at 3:00 minute when he shows the Cube. Although it is a useless feature (for me), it cleary shows a really great performance.

My Omnia never performed like that, not even with the official rom..

Does your omnia performs like this? Share your opinion..

Link:

Edited by Kvnt

Guest midimal
Hi there,

I just stumbled across this video on Youtube..its a very old video showing an Omnia 2 with Windows Mobile 6.5

I noticed that the performance was really great and fast, on Titanium, scrolling the WM start menu, etc... and just look at 3:00 minute when he shows the Cube. Although it is a useless feature (for me), it cleary shows a really great performance.

My Omnia never performed like that, not even with the official rom..

Does your omnia performs like this? Share your opinion..

Link:

I dont see anything special. My omnia runs much faster/smoother

I dont see anything special. My omnia runs much faster/smoother

Mine its not fast.. i mean, it doesnt lag, in fact its very responsive..its just slow.. and definately not smooth..

Can you share your specs (rom, etc) ?

Guest jebise

mines runs the same way i sometimes have some issues with touching some icons but nothing that makes it slow or anything using tw2 JD1 ROM.

Thanks for the feedback.

Im currently running GC JD1 with Samsung's Today.

Dunno if its me, but every video i see, everything looks so much faster... Are you using SPB Mobile Shell? Just tried the trial version 3.5.3, but the carrousel seems a bit slow compared to what i've seen already on youtube.. I read that version 3.5.3 already uses OpenGL ES driver 2.0... is that a good thing for us omnia users? (im asking this, because i read some people complaining about samsung's 2.0 driver poor performance)

Thanks in advance, you've been great!!

Edited by Kvnt

Guest kawgirlval69

mine is wayyyy faster and im just using a stock jc1 rom....like 15 extra programs installed too... s2u2...spb 3.5.3 spb weather...google maps...slacker...etc... mine flies probably as smoothe as my girls iphart... but mine multitasks...lol

Edited by kawgirlval69

Guest acastiyo

My ROM is very smooth now, JD3 lite, with many programs I use installed on top. It works very well, fast and with very good battery life. I think Samsung has improved the phone a lot ROM by ROM and if you are careful not to install too many programs/addons, this phone works great, I would say even better than in the video shown.

Samsung is definitely doing a great job.

Guest darkworldzz

its not that fast...

JD4 Samsung widget plus and t*omnia main menu owns that stock rom..

the only thing that is slow on omnia is the samsung skinned sms... super laggy.... takes 1 sec to c the just sent sms... zzz

Guest cengaver83
its not that fast...

JD4 Samsung widget plus and t*omnia main menu owns that stock rom..

the only thing that is slow on omnia is the samsung skinned sms... super laggy.... takes 1 sec to c the just sent sms... zzz

All agree.. But Sinan's ultralite roms are really fast and stable. You get 100 mb free ram with 6.1 rom and 80 mb with 6.5 eventhough you set up too many programs in it.

Guest rayza563

God damn why did Samsung even bother with Touchwiz on WinMo 6.5 ?

Honestly, when you take off touchwiz from "items on today" in display settings the phone gets a new lease on life.

The next thing is how about some actual badword storage on the partition for .cab's and .exe? 150mb out of a theoretical 8GB ? God damn that was stupid.

I like the phone but it bothers me that very few other people realise why the phone is so laggy and slow TOUCHWIZ NOT WINMO.

• 2 weeks later...