Lock button unable to turn on screen

Guest guy007

Hi, anyone encountered this issue ? This just happened to me today. I am unable to turn on the screen after pushing the lock button.. once the screen is off, i can't press any buttons to turn it back on.

The only way is to take out the battery and turn it back on. Currently, I have disabled all lock settings so that the phone stays on all the time. Will be bringing to Samsung service center.

Guest levytv
Hi, anyone encountered this issue ? This just happened to me today. I am unable to turn on the screen after pushing the lock button.. once the screen is off, i can't press any buttons to turn it back on.

The only way is to take out the battery and turn it back on. Currently, I have disabled all lock settings so that the phone stays on all the time. Will be bringing to Samsung service center.

i had it happen on my i920 after installing something and after uninstalling it the phone worked properly. cant remember which program.

Guest guy007

Nope .. not using SRS WOW HD ... funny thing it was working just a few hours earlier in the office. I did not install anything during that time but after i came back home, the issue started happening ...

Guest rambell

The exact same thing happened to me too. I even did a hard reset but the issue still turn up after a few hours. I ended up going to the service centre and they say it was due to old software.

Mine was:

PDA: I8000NXXIJ9

CSC: I8000XSOIJ2

PHONE: I8000DXIJ1

Windows Mobile 6.5 Pro

CE OS 5.2.21863 (Build 21863.5.0.67)

Now it is:

PDA: I8000NXXJA5

CSC: I8000XSOJA2

PHONE: I8000DXJA1

Windows Mobile 6.5 Pro

CE OS 5.2.21889 (Build 21889.5.0.87)

And the upgrade seems to have solve the problem. Take about an hour to upgrade the software.

Guest guy007

Dear all, thanks for the replies. I have managed to resolve this issue by hard resetting my O2. Now restoring the apps and installing some new ones too :huh: