Core Player for Omnia 2 (I8000)

Guest dexlee
this coreplayer, still not able to display subtitle ?

none of core player that release nowadays can display subtitle. hope they can in core player 2

Guest sinancetinkaya

Well, you can't see any difference when you're not watching h264 videos

if you still say there is no huge difference between touchplayer and tcpmp or coreplayer, try to watch this video

I watched this video smoothly even my cpu is set to "low performance" mode but I don't think you can watch it smoothly even your cpu is set to "high performance" mode

http://rapidshare.com/files/380329283/Moto...tro-muxed_0.mp4

Edited by sinancetinkaya

Guest gverdellen
Well, you can't see any difference when you're not watching h264 videos

if you still say there is no huge difference between touchplayer and tcpmp or coreplayer, try to watch this video

I watched this video smoothly even my cpu is set to "low performance" mode but I don't think you can watch it smoothly even your cpu is set to "high performance" mode

http://rapidshare.com/files/380329283/Moto...tro-muxed_0.mp4

I played this video and it has a lot of lag.

The funny thing is that when i run it in 'Benchmark' it plays very smooth!!! Almost no lags!

I experience this with other movies as well.

Is there a difference in playing a movie normal (with lots of lag) and with benchmark (smooth)???

Is there a way to play the movie smooth like the 'Benchmark' mode?

Guest HAL_9000
try to use netdrgv2 version of tcpmp. it gave me a lot of better performance than other tcpmp build. try this http://www.mediafire.com/?ndgazjnuoht

What is your percent result with netdrgv2 TCPMP in Helicopters video?

I wonder which version of TCPMP has the best results on Omnia 2.

I have classic TCPMP 0.72RC2 version and it have very good performance in many formats. But flv is unsupported and Touch Player is a bit smoother in DivX (avi).

Guest Ender Psp
Well core player can play lower res h.264 videos without a problem. Just because it doesn't use hardware doesn't mean it cant play them at all. Your exaggerating the need for hardware decoding when playing h.264 videos.

I disagree. I don't find it useful to watch 320x240 mp4 encodes on a screen that supports at least 4 times the resolution. Pixellation kills my eyes and there are some other issues, eg here.

Encoding any video to a lower resolution should be done only to save space, otherwise makes little sense to spend all that time to get a lower res encode. Also, try watching those on tv... horror.

And there is another thing. Coreplayer team had almost 2 years to develop core h264 support for announced cpus (HD2-Snapdragon, Omnia-S3C6410, and there are others). Did you hear anything about hardware support of any kind? I don't wanna be seen as a Coreplayer hater but when I see almost no move at all for 2 years maybe it's time to move on.

Oh, did I mention TouchPlayer is free? :huh:

Edited by Ender Psp

Guest frmariam

Try using bimbam69 version of TCPMP (link in my signature). Check the thread too (has some skins and a new AVRCP plugin).

Sure my Omnia is the i900 (Intel Xscale is still pretty awesome there) but the benchmark difference in my test mp4/h264 (motogp linked here lagged in both players) benchmark isn't that remarkable (at least if you consider the state of "development" of TCPMP over the past years):

CorePlayer: 147.80%

TCPMP: 124.00%

Yes CorePlayer still has the advantage but TCPMP is still pretty awesome ( especially when you consider its free and OSS and its official abandoned status). If you ask me the only thing still holding TCPMP back is the lack of community support (and CorePlayer piracy).

Edited by frmariam

Guest dexlee
Try using bimbam69 version of TCPMP (link in my signature). Check the thread too (has some skins and a new AVRCP plugin).

Sure my Omnia is the i900 (Intel Xscale is still pretty awesome there) but the benchmark difference in my test mp4/h264 (motogp linked here lagged in both players) benchmark isn't that remarkable (at least if you consider the state of "development" of TCPMP over the past years):

CorePlayer: 147.80%

TCPMP: 124.00%

Yes CorePlayer still has the advantage but TCPMP is still pretty awesome ( especially when you consider its free and OSS and its official abandoned status). If you ask me the only thing still holding TCPMP back is the lack of community support (and CorePlayer piracy).

Of course core player can play video pretty awesome in intel Xscale because hardware accelerated support. What i want to know is which tcpmp build that can play video better than other build. i try two version of tcpmp on my omnia2, tcpmp netdrgv2 and tcpmp with master codec 5. TCPMP netdrgv2 version give better video playback quality than tcpmp with master codec 5. hope there are other omnia2 user can test other buil of tcpmp and post the result here so we can use best tcpmp for our omnia2. hope there are other omnia2 user than can try bimbam69 version of TCPMP and post the result here including playback rmvb video on that version of tcpmp.

Edited by dexlee

Guest frmariam

tcpmp netdrgv2 (old version which had a skinned interface from TCPMP 0.71g) and tcpmp with master codec 5 (UnitZero has released many updates and knows his stuff... but I still believe he packs some unneeded components) are just packages of already existing components (not actual development). The only currently active TCPMP developer is (to my knowledge) bimbam69.

PS: If your using the package from my signature (which is basically bimbam release with the best ffmpeg.plg for the i900 and the rmvb plugin included) just make sure you run my fix Mortscript first (not included in the archive but can be found in my MediaFire page). Most of the old packages around don't cleanup after unninstall and this causes problems (TCPMP will read the old registry items). My script fixes that (and also some other stuff). You won't be able to fully enjoy the new version until you clear the TCPMP registry key.

Edited by frmariam

• 1 month later...
Guest hammerjr

can anyone tell me if this player (or any player) supports plain mpeg-2? I installed pocket TV to play mpeg-1 (which is what my Hauppauge Win Tv USB 2.0 PVR records to when I want low quality). but when I use Orb to set recordings, it records in mpeg-2 and I don't have any player that can player mpeg-2?

Guest rrrmanish
hi

i did a test and here is my benchmarks for helicopters.mp4 video (720*432 30fps)

in high performance mode and directdraw video output.

acer s200 ;) coreplayer: 116.70 %

coreplayer v1.3.6 build 7427 :70.46 %

TCPMP 0.72RC1: 33.12%

i am using omnia2 with full JD1

thank you for app

Ive over clocked mine B7610 to 0.94 GHz aka 940 MHz

using acer s200 :( coreplayer: 146.75 % :)

why are people so hung up on core player? even if it performs as fast as touch player (and that a BIG if), it still generates banding patterns on the screen, while touch player doesn't. Kudos to Sammy. w/o HW acceleration support for O2, how can core player compete with touch pleyer on O2? end of story.

Another deal breaker: coreplayer doesn's support AC3 while touchplayer does.

the initial poster says his touch player lags on the stock helicopter video, well that means his touch plyer is somehow screwed up. mine is smooth.

Edited by x2h

Guest dwallersv
why are people so hung up on core player? even if it performs as fast as touch player (and that a BIG if), it still generates banding patterns on the screen, while touch player doesn't. Kudos to Sammy. w/o HW acceleration support for O2, how can core player compete with touch pleyer on O2? end of story.

Good grief :lol:

W/o the ability to stream over the network, how can TouchPlayer complete with CorePlayer? End of story.

I could go on and on with a very long list of features, capabilities, etc. that CorePlayer has that TouchPlayer does not.

H/W acceleration would be really nice, but it doesn't mean a hill 'o beans if the player in question can't play the media at all.

TP is the best solution on the O2 of any player -- for a rather narrow, limited range of media uses. Which translates into local video file content, and even that is more limited than what CP can play. For example, TP can't play mkv containers, anything with a resolution greater than 720 pixels wide... I could go on and on. Did I mention that CorePlayer can play network streams?

For those of us that use the video media capabilities of this phone for something more than whimsical curiosity, it simply is totally impractical to (1) have to know ahead of time what media to transfer to to phone and take with us, (2) go through the process of transcoding it if it doesn't meet TP's more stringent requirements, (3) want that extra 80 pixels of resolution detail, and .... again I could go on and on. Did I mention that CorePlayer can play network streams?

I have an Orb server with 6TB of media on it, all of it available to me anywhere in the world there is a network connection, on-demand. I can even tune in to my DishNetwork satellite TV box and watch that too. All possible with CorePlayer, utterly impossible with TouchPlayer. Did I mention that CorePlayer can play network streams?

Oh, and did I mention that CP uses the standard audio graph so that the far more flexible, adjustable (and superior) SRS WOW addon (search the forum) is functional? Producing killer sound?Oh, and did I mention that CorePlayer can play network streams?

I've only scratched the surface here. Graphic equalizer. Volume normalization. Full brightness/contrast/saturation/hue adjustments. Support for most containers; codecs (way more than TP). Streaming support. Aspect ratio adjustment. and on and on and on and on. One more thing: CorePlayer can play network streams.

Like I said, if your main use is watching the "helicopter video", TP's your wet dream. If you really want to use this awesome network-connected multimedia device, you can't beat CP, at the present. And CorePlayer can play network streams.

Oh, and that banding? :D You didn't check the "dithering" box in the video settings page. Banding gone.

I never get bored in the dentist' office waiting room, I assure you.

Edited by dwallersv

Good grief :lol:

W/o the ability to stream over the network, how can TouchPlayer complete with CorePlayer? End of story.

I could go on and on with a very long list of features, capabilities, etc. that CorePlayer has that TouchPlayer does not.

H/W acceleration would be really nice, but it doesn't mean a hill 'o beans if the player in question can't play the media at all.

TP is the best solution on the O2 of any player -- for a rather narrow, limited range of media uses. Which translates into local video file content, and even that is more limited than what CP can play. For example, TP can't play mkv containers, anything with a resolution greater than 720 pixels wide... I could go on and on. Did I mention that CorePlayer can play network streams?

For those of us that use the video media capabilities of this phone for something more than whimsical curiosity, it simply is totally impractical to (1) have to know ahead of time what media to transfer to to phone and take with us, (2) go through the process of transcoding it if it doesn't meet TP's more stringent requirements, (3) want that extra 80 pixels of resolution detail, and .... again I could go on and on. Did I mention that CorePlayer can play network streams?

I have an Orb server with 6TB of media on it, all of it available to me anywhere in the world there is a network connection, on-demand. I can even tune in to my DishNetwork satellite TV box and watch that too. All possible with CorePlayer, utterly impossible with TouchPlayer. Did I mention that CorePlayer can play network streams?

Oh, and did I mention that CP uses the standard audio graph so that the far more flexible, adjustable (and superior) SRS WOW addon (search the forum) is functional? Producing killer sound?Oh, and did I mention that CorePlayer can play network streams?

I've only scratched the surface here. Graphic equalizer. Volume normalization. Full brightness/contrast/saturation/hue adjustments. Support for most containers; codecs (way more than TP). Streaming support. Aspect ratio adjustment. and on and on and on and on. One more thing: CorePlayer can play network streams.

Like I said, if your main use is watching the "helicopter video", TP's your wet dream. If you really want to use this awesome network-connected multimedia device, you can't beat CP, at the present. And CorePlayer can play network streams.

Oh, and that banding? :D You didn't check the "dithering" box in the video settings page. Banding gone.

I never get bored in the dentist' office waiting room, I assure you.

Thanks for educating me.

1st thing 1st: banding. i did tick the dithering option. banding still there. no kidding. just a bit of history so you don't have to doubt my CP knowledge: before TP, CP is the only thing I used for video (TCPMP before that). IMO CP is the wrong direction to go (i almost became part of the development team so I KNOW).

and yes, you did mention network streaming, i hear you loud and clear. see my point above.

the problem is, when the video is lagging, what good is network streaming? 6T of lagging video? or 6T of bragging rights? either way it's going to embarrass you.

oh, and AC3. i don't think i will enjoy seeing the error message on the screen, and how can i enjoy AC3 content on CP?

and I don't play that helicopter thing either, it's not even in my custom rom. i use TP to play BR rip on my O2, usually 2.1 G for a full size movie. smooth without a single hiccup. try that with CP and you will know what I am talking about.

basically, the day I received my O2 and played my movies with it, I trashed CP right away and never looked back. that is, until the major upgrade, maybe I will give it another try. for now, i stick with TP.

so let's have them fight:

Round 1: you put a 2.1 G movie with AC3 sound on the network, and let both CP and TP try to play. CP cannot play it b/c it's AC3. Even if (BIG if) it does, it's laggy with banding, next to useless. TP cannot stream it either. Tied.

Round 2: you put that 2.1 G movie in the local storage. CP again cannot play it b/c of AC3, and even if (BIG if) it does, it's laggy with banding, next to useless. TP plays it flawlessly. TP wins.

you could argue that a 320x240 video with MP3 sound on the network will make CP a winner, but sorry I don't buy that 800x480 OLED screen just to play some low res video. what year are we at now, and why is iPhone4 a high res (640x960) device? Wake up!

Guest dwallersv
Thanks for educating me.

1st thing 1st: banding. i did tick the dithering option. banding still there. no kidding. just a bit of history so you don't have to doubt my CP knowledge: before TP, CP is the only thing I used for video (TCPMP before that). IMO CP is the wrong direction to go (i almost became part of the development team so I KNOW).

and yes, you did mention network streaming, i hear you loud and clear. see my point above.

the problem is, when the video is lagging, what good is network streaming? 6T of lagging video? or 6T of bragging rights? either way it's going to embarrass you.

First, a comment on comportment: You set the tone of this discussion in your initial post. Please keep that in mind.

As for lagging, can't address that. I don't have any. Period. Ever. CP plays full 480x800 DivX/Xvid, or wmv9 encoded video without any dropped frames, lagging, tearing, etc. Zero, nada, none. Of course, lower resolution media plays just as well, and as I noted, TP is not capable of playing resolutions higher than 720w.

As for "bragging", stop being so childish. This is not about puffing up one's chest, counting coup. This is about practical use of the device as a media viewer. As I said, your use may be limited to pre-loading a very limited spectrum of media and being satisfied with that. For many, many, many of us this simply is ridiculously impractical. My point about my media library was a simple one: It's huge, and I want access to it with my device. Network streaming is the only way to do that in practice. This makes TP useless, and as I said, TP could be the mostest awesomest kewl player in the world, but if it can't play what you want to watch, it's simply a waste of storage space in your ROM.

As for my media library, yes, I can play absolutely every one of the thousands upon thousands of media files in it via CorePlayer, streamed via Orb. The wonders of streaming, real-time transcoding.

oh, and AC3. i don't think i will enjoy seeing the error message on the screen, and how can i enjoy AC3 content on CP?

See "the wonders of streaming, real-time transcoding". Not sure what you mean by, "enjoy AC3" on a 2-channel audio device. To me, that's nonsensical babble in this context.

Hey, but what do I know? Apparently you're a CP God, judging by the irrelevant boasts about almost working for CoreCodec.

What was that you said about bragging? :D

and I don't play that helicopter thing either, it's not even in my custom rom. i use TP to play BR rip on my O2, usually 2.1 G for a full size movie. smooth without a single hiccup. try that with CP and you will know what I am talking about.

Why would I bother with such a pointless exercise? Waste my time? BR is awesome -- on a an HD television. On a device with WVGA resolution and 2-channel stereo audio, the best experience your going to get is, uh, WVGA resolution and 2-channel stereo audio.

As such -- pardon my frankness -- it's simply stupid to waste storage space and processing power on a 2GB HD media file that will be scaled down to WVGA, and 5.1/7.1 channel sound that will be downmixed to 2-channel stereo. Rather, if you're going to rip/transcode anyway, it makes no sense at all to convert to anything of "higher" quality than WVGA res and 2-channel mp3 or AAC stereo.

But I defer to the CP expert, I guess. I have a question, though: Assuming you're an honest guy, could you explain how your TP plays these high resolution BD rips, while the rest of us with O2's can't play anything with a resolution width higher than 720 pixels? Can I have your special TouchPlayer that none of the rest of us have?

Round 1: you put a 2.1 G movie with AC3 sound on the network, and let both CP and TP try to play. CP cannot play it b/c it's AC3. Even if (BIG if) it does, it's laggy with banding, next to useless. TP cannot stream it either. Tied.

Round 2: you put that 2.1 G movie in the local storage. CP again cannot play it b/c of AC3, and even if (BIG if) it does, it's laggy with banding, next to useless. TP plays it flawlessly. TP wins.

you could argue that a 320x240 video with MP3 sound on the network will make CP a winner, but sorry I don't buy that 800x480 OLED screen just to play some low res video. what year are we at now, and why is iPhone4 a high res (640x960) device? Wake up!

Man, this is getting more and more juvenile by the word. I'm not in some competition with you. I'm simply trying to access my media and enjoy it. I strongly suspect that's what virtually everyone else here is trying to do too. You, it seems, are more concerned instead with pointless stressing of the system to score points. Who cares? Let's get back to reality for a moment:

• Storage space on a handheld device is precious. Most people don't want to waste it on video media, which, unlike music, isn't used in a repetitive fashion. Rather, it is far more common to fill up storage with audio files and use their phone as an mp3 player.
  • TP can not play HD files, period. So, any HD media must be transcoded and scaled to a resolution <=720w (maintaining aspect ratio). Which raises the obvious question: Once transcoding is required to begin with, why wouldn't one then optimize for the target device? I know you're a CP God and all, but I assure you, I do know a thing or two about this subject. For the benefit of others reading: Regardless of the player you use on your O2, you are better off transcoding to h.263 (Divx/Xvid) than h.264, because the latter is far more CPU-intensive to decode, with no practical visual benefit on an Omnia II (or every other handheld device out there). The savings in file size are pretty trivial, mainly because no player on the O2 (including TP) support the more advanced compression techniques like qpel and others. Yet, it is in decoding h.264 that TP's h/w acceleration makes the most difference.
  • You can't stream to TP. Enormous limitation. Our friend here I'm responding to may do just fine deciding each time he leaves the house what 4 programs/movies he might want to watch while he's out and about, has no probem waiting 20 minutes while he loads those 8GB on to his empty internal storage, but that doesn't work for the vast majority of us. If you haven't, gang, look into Orb or TVersity -- they're free, easy to set up, and make your entire media library (audio/video/pictures) available to you anywhere you have a decent signal.
  • When you do need to carry media locally on the device, you'll have to transcode it anyway if it's HD (SD media is almost always already in Divx/Xvid format, usually in AVI container, MP3 audio... that's the "standard" in the community). Given you have to do this, don't waste space on your device following CP God's advice -- it will not gain you anything, but rather waste lots of storage space. Transcode using h.263, 720w if you insist on TP (or get the full resolution of your device and go 800w with CP, PocketPlayer, TCPMP, Kinomo, and many others), MP3 2-channel (again, saves a little space with no loss of quality), and enjoy.
  • If you are a CP user, or are curious because of this discussion, a tip: Make sure you configure the video renderer properly for the Omnia II. The critical settings: Menu->Tools->Settings..., Select Page->Video; Set "Video Output" to DirectDraw, Quality high, Smooth Zoom 50%, Dither checked. Then, Select Page->Direct Draw, "Overlay with colorkey" checked, "Use blitting..." and "Use device stretching..." unchecked, "Overlay Format" set to Auto.

Those settings will give you perfect, no-lag, smooth, full 24 or 30 fps (depending on the media framerate) video. I'm assuming that CP God knew all this, being a God and all, and simply has some bizzarro-world O2 that has a TouchPlayer that can play HD media while none of ours can, but has some limitation that coincidentally cripples CorePlayer.

Or, I guess you can inexplicably transcode your video to take 4-6x the storage space necessary for no gain at all, carry over 5.1 channel audio for no reason, and be bored on that airplane after you've watched all 4 videos you brought on your business trip -- while your idiot colleague sitting next to you still hasn't got even half-way through the 24 videos he brought along, at full device resolution, playing perfectly on CorePlayer.

:lol: x10eGoogol

Edited by dwallersv

Guest dexlee
First, a comment on comportment: You set the tone of this discussion in your initial post. Please keep that in mind.

As for lagging, can't address that. I don't have any. Period. Ever. CP plays full 480x800 DivX/Xvid, or wmv9 encoded video without any dropped frames, lagging, tearing, etc. Zero, nada, none. Of course, lower resolution media plays just as well, and as I noted, TP is not capable of playing resolutions higher than 720w.

As for "bragging", stop being so childish. This is not about puffing up one's chest, counting coup. This is about practical use of the device as a media viewer. As I said, your use may be limited to pre-loading a very limited spectrum of media and being satisfied with that. For many, many, many of us this simply is ridiculously impractical. My point about my media library was a simple one: It's huge, and I want access to it with my device. Network streaming is the only way to do that in practice. This makes TP useless, and as I said, TP could be the mostest awesomest kewl player in the world, but if it can't play what you want to watch, it's simply a waste of storage space in your ROM.

As for my media library, yes, I can play absolutely every one of the thousands upon thousands of media files in it via CorePlayer, streamed via Orb. The wonders of streaming, real-time transcoding.

See "the wonders of streaming, real-time transcoding". Not sure what you mean by, "enjoy AC3" on a 2-channel audio device. To me, that's nonsensical babble in this context.

Hey, but what do I know? Apparently you're a CP God, judging by the irrelevant boasts about almost working for CoreCodec.

What was that you said about bragging? :D

Why would I bother with such a pointless exercise? Waste my time? BR is awesome -- on a an HD television. On a device with WVGA resolution and 2-channel stereo audio, the best experience your going to get is, uh, WVGA resolution and 2-channel stereo audio.

As such -- pardon my frankness -- it's simply stupid to waste storage space and processing power on a 2GB HD media file that will be scaled down to WVGA, and 5.1/7.1 channel sound that will be downmixed to 2-channel stereo. Rather, if you're going to rip/transcode anyway, it makes no sense at all to convert to anything of "higher" quality than WVGA res and 2-channel mp3 or AAC stereo.

But I defer to the CP expert, I guess. I have a question, though: Assuming you're an honest guy, could you explain how your TP plays these high resolution BD rips, while the rest of us with O2's can't play anything with a resolution width higher than 720 pixels? Can I have your special TouchPlayer that none of the rest of us have?

Man, this is getting more and more juvenile by the word. I'm not in some competition with you. I'm simply trying to access my media and enjoy it. I strongly suspect that's what virtually everyone else here is trying to do too. You, it seems, are more concerned instead with pointless stressing of the system to score points. Who cares? Let's get back to reality for a moment:

• Storage space on a handheld device is precious. Most people don't want to waste it on video media, which, unlike music, isn't used in a repetitive fashion. Rather, it is far more common to fill up storage with audio files and use their phone as an mp3 player.
  • TP can not play HD files, period. So, any HD media must be transcoded and scaled to a resolution <=720w (maintaining aspect ratio). Which raises the obvious question: Once transcoding is required to begin with, why wouldn't one then optimize for the target device? I know you're a CP God and all, but I assure you, I do know a thing or two about this subject. For the benefit of others reading: Regardless of the player you use on your O2, you are better off transcoding to h.263 (Divx/Xvid) than h.264, because the latter is far more CPU-intensive to decode, with no practical visual benefit on an Omnia II (or every other handheld device out there). The savings in file size are pretty trivial, mainly because no player on the O2 (including TP) support the more advanced compression techniques like qpel and others. Yet, it is in decoding h.264 that TP's h/w acceleration makes the most difference.
  • You can't stream to TP. Enormous limitation. Our friend here I'm responding to may do just fine deciding each time he leaves the house what 4 programs/movies he might want to watch while he's out and about, has no probem waiting 20 minutes while he loads those 8GB on to his empty internal storage, but that doesn't work for the vast majority of us. If you haven't, gang, look into Orb or TVersity -- they're free, easy to set up, and make your entire media library (audio/video/pictures) available to you anywhere you have a decent signal.
  • When you do need to carry media locally on the device, you'll have to transcode it anyway if it's HD (SD media is almost always already in Divx/Xvid format, usually in AVI container, MP3 audio... that's the "standard" in the community). Given you have to do this, don't waste space on your device following CP God's advice -- it will not gain you anything, but rather waste lots of storage space. Transcode using h.263, 720w if you insist on TP (or get the full resolution of your device and go 800w with CP, PocketPlayer, TCPMP, Kinomo, and many others), MP3 2-channel (again, saves a little space with no loss of quality), and enjoy.
  • If you are a CP user, or are curious because of this discussion, a tip: Make sure you configure the video renderer properly for the Omnia II. The critical settings: Menu->Tools->Settings..., Select Page->Video; Set "Video Output" to DirectDraw, Quality high, Smooth Zoom 50%, Dither checked. Then, Select Page->Direct Draw, "Overlay with colorkey" checked, "Use blitting..." and "Use device stretching..." unchecked, "Overlay Format" set to Auto.

Those settings will give you perfect, no-lag, smooth, full 24 or 30 fps (depending on the media framerate) video. I'm assuming that CP God knew all this, being a God and all, and simply has some bizzarro-world O2 that has a TouchPlayer that can play HD media while none of ours can, but has some limitation that coincidentally cripples CorePlayer.

Or, I guess you can inexplicably transcode your video to take 4-6x the storage space necessary for no gain at all, carry over 5.1 channel audio for no reason, and be bored on that airplane after you've watched all 4 videos you brought on your business trip -- while your idiot colleague sitting next to you still hasn't got even half-way through the 24 videos he brought along, at full device resolution, playing perfectly on CorePlayer.

:lol: x10eGoogol

very interesting information. Let's we share our knowledge and opinion to increasing the capability of our omnia2. so we can have all best thing for our Omnia2. i this both cp and tp have their own pros so better if we have both on our device, that's my opinion.

Guest micmac
[*]If you are a CP user, or are curious because of this discussion, a tip: Make sure you configure the video renderer properly for the Omnia II. The critical settings: Menu->Tools->Settings..., Select Page->Video; Set "Video Output" to DirectDraw, Quality high, Smooth Zoom 50%, Dither checked. Then, Select Page->Direct Draw, "Overlay with colorkey" checked, "Use blitting..." and "Use device stretching..." unchecked, "Overlay Format" set to Auto.

Those settings will give you perfect, no-lag, smooth, full 24 or 30 fps (depending on the media framerate) video.

thankx for the tips! :lol:

Guest ray1234
Regardless of the player you use on your O2, you are better off transcoding to h.263 (Divx/Xvid) than h.264, because the latter is far more CPU-intensive to decode, with no practical visual benefit on an Omnia II (or every other handheld device out there). The savings in file size are pretty trivial, mainly because no player on the O2 (including TP) support the more advanced compression techniques like qpel and others. Yet, it is in decoding h.264 that TP's h/w acceleration makes the most difference.

I'm sure everyone one of us uses our phone differently, there's really no point in arguing which player is better, as we all have different needs and different players serve different purposes.

However, I do not agree on the point not to use h264. I have done some comparison even in the old days using my 320x240 Asus P535, I have done encoding in both H264 and Divx/xvid, H264 is giving a clearer image in comparison. I now mostly encode 720x480 H264 and stretch it to full screen using TouchPlayer. Personally, I think H264 720x480 under TouchPlayer still gives a better image quality and smoother playback than 800x480 xvid played under coreplayer. Also, TouchPlayer uses less CPU than Coreplayer so battery life is going to be better.

I use both Coreplayer and Touchplayer together for different purposes. For streaming and youtube, use coreplayer. For movie playback on storage card, use touchplayer. I dont think either player can replace the other.